The National

Zoo Music Girl

Getting a nice Greek lunch in Clapham then heading over to the arena in a bit. Can anyone suggest anywhere decent for a drink beforehand that isn't going to bankrupt a poor northerner?

not cheap, but I'd go to greenwich beforehand. Loads of pubs and nice things to look at, then you can get the river ferry directly to the o2 and arrive in style!

(get off at either greenwich overland station, or cutty sark DLR).

There is NOTHING at the o2 centre apart from the crap in the o2 itself.

not cheap, but I'd go to greenwich beforehand. Loads of pubs and nice things to look at, then you can get the river ferry directly to the o2 and arrive in style!

(get off at either greenwich overland station, or cutty sark DLR).

There is NOTHING at the o2 centre apart from the crap in the o2 itself.

Cheers for the advice! Still waiting on hearing back from my mate's about what their plans are prior to the show.

As for what I want to hear, with it being my first time I'm not massively picky. Outside of what seems to be the norm I wouldn't mind hearing either Secret Meeting, Guestroom or All The Wine, though.

Cheers for the advice! Still waiting on hearing back from my mate's about what their plans are prior to the show.

As for what I want to hear, with it being my first time I'm not massively picky. Outside of what seems to be the norm I wouldn't mind hearing either Secret Meeting, Guestroom or All The Wine, though.

Your other alternative is go to London bridge and drink round there. There are some nice pubs in borough market and on borough high street. You're only 10 or 15 mins away by tube from there.

still wont be cheap though!!

The Slug and Lettuce inside the O2 isn't to offensive if you don't mind chain pubs and is slightly cheaper than inside the actual arena (about as expensive as most other centrlish London pubs tbh).

There is also a Chiquito's just outside the o2 with a bit of a bar and I have to say I do like their cocktails!

Edited by LondonTom

The Slug and Lettuce inside the O2 isn't to offensive if you don't mind chain pubs and is slightly cheaper than inside the actual arena (about as expensive as most other centrlish London pubs tbh).

There is also a Chiquito's just outside the o2 with a bit of a bar and I have to say I do like their cocktails!

I normally go in that american style bar on the left as you first enter the o2, as it usually is playing the music of whoever is playing that night.

it's horrible expensive though!

Dying to hear how it was, seen some photos on social media and it looked amazing. So excited to hear the setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2014/o2-arena-london-england-53cdff7d.html

It's up already. Looks really good, but then again, they couldn't really have a bad setlist.

Only seen a couple of vines of it but the place looked pretty full as well.

Edited by kingcrawler

FUCK ME THAT WAS RIDICULOUS

This run of songs is insane:

Guest Room

ALL THE WINE

ABEL

SLOW SHOW

Sorrow

Pink Rabbits

England

Graceless

ABOUT TODAY (FINALLY!)

Fake Empire

----------

Ada

Mr November

Terrible Love

Vanderlyle

fucking excellent. i was a wreck 70% of the time, dont give a fuck.

Edited by Tuna

Well, that was as close to a perfect first-time set-list as I could ever possibly have hoped for. Loved absolutely every moment of it!

Agree that some of the crowd didn't seem all that enthusiastic but that certainly didn't detract from my own enjoyment. And the sound was absolutely spot on where I was standing.

That was so good. Just back from a long drive 120 miles North. First of 8 gigs seeing The National sitting down as I was on my own - which was a strange experience as it was so quiet round me. When Fake Empire started I thought sod it, can't sit down any longer and no one was immediately behind me. Ashamed to say I got a bit raucous during Mr November, but now others were standing up by this point so I wasn't entirely on my own. I think it will be a while before we see them again but it was a brilliant show to go out on.

Good gig. I thought the sound was good for an arena (though I have never really had sound issues at the o2). You could tell this show meant a lot to them, it was quite touching. It also amused me that his brother got the biggest cheer of the night!

It wasnt sold out, the back end of the top tier was not in use, but there was probably still around 16 or 17,000 there. Not bad at all.

For me the boxer songs were the best moments. Slow show was my favourite bit of the whole gig. I'm sorry to say but I still dont think the trouble will find me songs stand up alongside the previous 3 albums and the lulls in the gig came when they were played. Even the high violet songs are considerably more enjoyable in my opinion.

They managed to create a few wall of sound moments which were well ace and it made me think they could easily pull off a pyramid headline show, but I dont think it will ever happen as they dont quite have the popularity levels required. Which is good in a way as I suspect their next tour will be back to brixton academy sized venues which does suit them better.

my only real complaint was why did the bars shut at 10pm or so??? twats.