The National

Zoo Music Girl

They've just posted this on their facebook:
Good news for those of you in the UK: Mistaken For Strangers will be released in cinemas and on digital platforms on June 27, 2014 in the UK. It will then be released on DVD on July 14th. Go see it!
https://www.facebook.com/thenationalofficial/posts/10151934222106010?stream_ref=1

Would make sense for them to play now as they're surely going to be in the UK to help promote the release in cinemas!

Good news for those of you in the UK: Mistaken For Strangers will be released in cinemas and on digital platforms on June 27, 2014 in the UK. It will then be released on DVD on July 14th. Go see it!

https://www.facebook.com/thenationalofficial/posts/10151934222106010?stream_ref=1

Would make sense for them to play now as they're surely going to be in the UK to help promote the release in cinemas!

Would also make sense to screen it in the cinema field!

Will they be doing much promo, do we think? It would be cool if they did a Q&A type thing or something.

Will they be doing much promo, do we think? It would be cool if they did a Q&A type thing or something.

Not necessarily at the festival itself. But people were getting worried from their US tour dates in mid June (last one on 18th). Now with the film releasing in the UK on 27th June, it wouldn't surprise me if they were over here for press and radio interviews/chat shows etc to help promote the release of the film in cinemas which is on the weekend of Glasto!

Not necessarily at the festival itself. But people were getting worried from their US tour dates in mid June (last one on 18th). Now with the film releasing in the UK on 27th June, it wouldn't surprise me if they were over here for press and radio interviews/chat shows etc to help promote the release of the film in cinemas which is on the weekend of Glasto!

Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning promo at the festival, just in general. But this is a very good point and one I had not considered. It does make them likely to be in the country.

Nailed on.

Arcade fire - defo not

Metallica - tough one but I think I'd sway towards TN

Prince - Defo TN

On another subject, anyone know anything more about this castlefield gig? From the sounds of it that interview with James' guitarist all big confirmed it but no word on it so far. Maybe they are waiting for pixies to sell out or something

Arcade fire - defo not

Metallica - tough one but I think I'd sway towards TN

Prince - Defo TN

On another subject, anyone know anything more about this castlefield gig? From the sounds of it that interview with James' guitarist all big confirmed it but no word on it so far. Maybe they are waiting for pixies to sell out or something

Might be waiting for Morrissey to confirm

I think it's on the 13th July as Dave Haslam tweeted that a Manchester solo icon would be playing on the 12th. Unless there's more acts we don't know about, it'd be Pixies, James, Morrissey then The National on consecutive dates. They're also doing the Neil Young gig on the 12th too, so all signs point to that. Just a matter of waiting for the official announcement.

Pity Morrisey is on that day as I've already got Tame Impala and I don't think the ticket I have for them is resellable unfortunately :(

Edited by Riggins

i actually really hope The National don't clash with anybody i want to see. all of your talk about how good they are live has really made me want to see them. i know a Glastonbury / festival crowd won't be the best environment due to a lot of disinterested people, but it's better than nothing

i actually really hope The National don't clash with anybody i want to see. all of your talk about how good they are live has really made me want to see them. i know a Glastonbury / festival crowd won't be the best environment due to a lot of disinterested people, but it's better than nothing

They are great live - but only if you like their music in the first place. Don't expect any fireworks or set surprises. They'll come on, launch straight into Don't Swallow The Cap, not speak much, and play their music for as long as they're given - up to two and half hours at some shows - pretty much exactly as it appears on the records. Matt will jump into the crowd during Mr November and go for a walkabout or crowd surf, but thye're not a 'spectacle' to watch as such, in fact they're very serious, studious musicians who play their stuff with quiet precision, and very much as the studio versions sound.

i do love them on record - went through a period a month or so ago when they were all i listened to - but obviously i don't quite see them as the second-coming like some of you in here seem to :P but i'll definitely try and see them at Glasto if they play

I'm sure you'll love it then (assuming they play!) :)

i do love them on record - went through a period a month or so ago when they were all i listened to - but obviously i don't quite see them as the second-coming like some of you in here seem t

o :P but i'll definitely try and see them at Glasto if they play

I felt like this then I watched them live, I am properly obsessed now