Jump to content
kaosmark2

Crap bands and their crap songs

Recommended Posts

Just now, dentalplan said:

Tickets are a bit dear tho like, but if it's around an hour of DFA then it's about worthwhile.

Yeah a little steep, and I'm probably a little less enthusiastic about this than I would've been a year or two ago, but that's a great 1-2 so worth it (as long as ATDI decide to not half arse their way through it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah a little steep, and I'm probably a little less enthusiastic about this than I would've been a year or two ago, but that's a great 1-2 so worth it (as long as ATDI decide to not half arse their way through it).

Yeah that is a major concern. But I guess its festival slots that ATDI (and DFA) have received flak for so finally on a proper tour they might be more present... hopefully.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddamn am I torn about these ATDI tickets. Pretty skint right now due to an influx of gigs these last few weeks + their current sketchy live rep, but I know I'll regret it at the time and DFA supporting is so good. Guess I could always sell them nearer the time if I don't wanna go/live reports are still bad..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Goddamn am I torn about these ATDI tickets. Pretty skint right now due to an influx of gigs these last few weeks + their current sketchy live rep, but I know I'll regret it at the time and DFA supporting is so good. Guess I could always sell them nearer the time if I don't wanna go/live reports are still bad..

Think I'm gonna wait a bit to buy mine. At those prices it definitely doesn't seem like it'll sell quickly.

If you're down the front I can't imagine you'll be disappointed. Even reviews for shows where they've apparently died on their arse have other people saying "it was amazing and everyone around me was going crazy".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Are you okay

Detest them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we playing Smashing Pumpkins v3.0 setlists?

  • Cherub Rock
  • Bullet With Butterfly Wings
  • Tonight Tonight
  • Pale Horse
  • Mayonaise
  • *new song*
  • Zero
  • Stand Inside Your Love
  • Rocket
  • Muzzle
  • *new song*
  • 1979
  • Ava Adore
  • Thru the Eyes of Ruby
  • Soma
  • *new song*
  • Today
    - - encore - -
  • Disarm
  • United States

edit: also to all the new members who are settling down to spend the next years of their lives on eFests, you might be needing this thread to discuss good bands while all the, er, less-good bands clog up the lineup.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Are we playing Smashing Pumpkins v3.0 setlists?

  • Cherub Rock
  • Bullet With Butterfly Wings
  • Tonight Tonight
  • Pale Horse
  • Mayonaise
  • *new song*
  • Zero
  • Stand Inside Your Love
  • Rocket
  • Muzzle
  • *new song*
  • 1979
  • Ava Adore
  • Thru the Eyes of Ruby
  • Soma
  • *new song*
  • Today
    - - encore - -
  • Disarm
  • United States

edit: also to all the new members who are settling down to spend the next years of their lives on eFests, you might be needing this thread to discuss good bands while all the, er, less-good bands clog up the lineup.

Was about to draw up one of these myself so now that you've got the ball rolling...

Cherub Rock
Tonight Tonight
Zero
new song
Rocket
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Stand Inside Your Love
new song
Ava Adore
Geek USA
Rhinoceros
X.Y.U.
Hummer
The Celestials
1979
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
new song
Today
United States

Disarm


Not too different but guess they've got a lot of staples/big singles. If it were up to me there'd be no reformation material from the past decade and more deep cuts/album tracks but I'm sure Billy will insist on at least a couple of those songs, but considering he seems pretty aware nobody's bothered about them fingers crossed he leaves them out entirely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was about to draw up one of these myself so now that you've got the ball rolling...

Cherub Rock
Tonight Tonight
Zero
new song
Rocket
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Stand Inside Your Love
new song
Ava Adore
Geek USA
Rhinoceros
X.Y.U.
Hummer
The Celestials
1979
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans
new song
Today
United States

Disarm


Not too different but guess they've got a lot of staples/big singles. If it were up to me there'd be no reformation material from the past decade and more deep cuts/album tracks but I'm sure Billy will insist on at least a couple of those songs, but considering he seems pretty aware nobody's bothered about them fingers crossed he leaves them out entirely. 

Yeah looks good. Big variables seem to be which tracks, aside from the biggies, come from SD/MCATIS.

United States is pretty massive though. On live videos it comes across like their Song For the Dead, and I really enjoyed it at Glasto too. Probably a more emphatic closer than anything from the first existence of the band - maybe as you've suggested it'd be better suited to a main set closer so there's a big singalong to cap the night off. I don’t think anything else from the last ten years is essential but there are certainly tracks I wouldn’t mind.

We might be being optimistic that there’ll only be three new songs, but we might be pessimistic that they won’t be worth hearing.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure they’ve done this before but Ticketmaster are doing 2 for 1 tickets for the At The Drive In and Death From Above tour until the end of the month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2018 at 6:36 PM, FloorFiller said:

If it were up to me there'd be no reformation material from the past decade and more deep cuts/album tracks but I'm sure Billy will insist on at least a couple of those songs, but considering he seems pretty aware nobody's bothered about them fingers crossed he leaves them out entirely. 

"Shiny And Oh So Bright" Tour - Billy Corgan, James Iha, Jeff Schroeder, and Jimmy Chamberlin celebrating songs from their first 5 albums from Gish to Machina.

You have to buy tickets now mate. Whatever the price.

Honestly it seems insane that they've announced their biggest tour in twenty years with their 2015 lineup + James Iha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

"Shiny And Oh So Bright" Tour - Billy Corgan, James Iha, Jeff Schroeder, and Jimmy Chamberlin celebrating songs from their first 5 albums from Gish to Machina.

You have to buy tickets now mate. Whatever the price.

Honestly it seems insane that they've announced their biggest tour in twenty years with their 2015 lineup + James Iha. 

Oh mama, I'm all over that when it comes here.

But aye I love how this is being branded as a brand new reunion when it's just James being added. I suppose the fact that they're just playing old material is a bigger deal to most people than the 'reformation' itself (including me). The setlists are gonna be awesome.

Reckon it'll be arenas for them over here or would that be a push these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh mama, I'm all over that when it comes here.

But aye I love how this is being branded as a brand new reunion when it's just James being added. I suppose the fact that they're just playing old material is a bigger deal to most people than the 'reformation' itself (including me). The setlists are gonna be awesome.

Reckon it'll be arenas for them over here or would that be a push these days?

They're doing some of the biggest arenas in North America so if it's a push, it's one that's already been made. I think it'll be just the bare minimum of Glasgow, Manchester and London with potential to add extra London dates. That seems the done thing nowadays when wary about demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re playing Madison Square Garden the evening I fly home ffs. I totally forgot they had an announcement today. If I’d have waited until tomorow I could have extended my trip by a day and caught the show. Damn it :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2018 at 7:08 PM, Andre91 said:

They’re playing Madison Square Garden the evening I fly home ffs. I totally forgot they had an announcement today. If I’d have waited until tomorow I could have extended my trip by a day and caught the show. Damn it :lol: 

That's rough. Bet it'd be brilliant there.

WPC has dropped a song list: classics and deep cuts it is! Despite earlier grievances with wasting time on covers, I think the Joy Division cover would be pretty cool (with Hooky's son on bass) and the Depeche Mode one also, Stairway to Heaven would be a bit weird mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's rough. Bet it'd be brilliant there.

WPC has dropped a song list: classics and deep cuts it is! Despite earlier grievances with wasting time on covers, I think the Joy Division cover would be pretty cool (with Hooky's son on bass) and the Depeche Mode one also, Stairway to Heaven would be a bit weird mind.

 

There’s no Where Boys Fear To Tread. I’m glad I’m not going to MSG. 

I joke :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There’s no Where Boys Fear To Tread. I’m glad I’m not going to MSG. 

I joke :lol: 

You have a point though.

A week ago it was like "oh it's cool they're doing extra 90's stuff", Billy shares a post suggesting that (bar the odd cover) it's all 90's stuff and they're practicing a lot of it, and now we're like "huh no Geek USA?", "where the fuck is Thru the Eyes of Ruby???". :lol:

There's a really weird lack of standing at these gigs. I think this must be an inherently American thing though. I can't really make out what the POS prices are because of this new Ticketmaster thing where they've essentially enabled themselves to tout on their own site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You have a point though.

A week ago it was like "oh it's cool they're doing extra 90's stuff", Billy shares a post suggesting that (bar the odd cover) it's all 90's stuff and they're practicing a lot of it, and now we're like "huh no Geek USA?", "where the fuck is Thru the Eyes of Ruby???". :lol:

There's a really weird lack of standing at these gigs. I think this must be an inherently American thing though. I can't really make out what the POS prices are because of this new Ticketmaster thing where they've essentially enabled themselves to tout on their own site.

Where Boys Fear To Tread is my absolute fave :P 

I had a look earlier as I’m thinking about flying to Boston to catch them (return flights from JFK are £90) and the seats up in the heavens are $49, whereas standing was over $600, which is waaay above the maximum $130 for standing that was advertised. If I do get a ticket I’ll settle for sitting in the heavens. The only thing is that I’d fly back to JFK the same morning I’m coming back to England at night and I wouldn’t want to curse myself and end up stranded in the next state with no way of making my flight home. Unlikely, I know, but if there’s any man it would happen to, I’d put money on it being me :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't work out if a LWTUA cover would be amazing or dogshite 

I seem to remember him singing it before with Hooky and it being a bit naff 

Edited by the wonderwhy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

can't work out if a LWTUA cover would be amazing or dogshite 

I seem to remember him singing it before with Hooky and it being a bit naff 

It'll probably be different to that. Hooky has the right to go through it with it sounding as close to the original as possible, whereas the SP version is probably gonna be 70% distortion so it'll at least be an interesting take. They used to finish their sets on the Adore tour with Transmission and, lyrics aside, it was unrecognisable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 5:44 PM, dentalplan said:

That's rough. Bet it'd be brilliant there.

WPC has dropped a song list: classics and deep cuts it is! Despite earlier grievances with wasting time on covers, I think the Joy Division cover would be pretty cool (with Hooky's son on bass) and the Depeche Mode one also, Stairway to Heaven would be a bit weird mind.

 

No X.Y.U or An Ode to No One ffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×