Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

I bailed cause £55 for a ticket + looking like £70 in travel for me was a bit much, without even taking a hotel into account. Think I'll just do a couple of arena dates instead whenever they come around.

Same here. Too expensive just for the one individual show when I reckon I could spend just a few quid more and go to a minimum of two shows in the arena tour later on. Good call really.

I think JAN wants to be a willstory when he grows up.

:sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:

Yeah I got a facebook notification at 8am. It woke me up. Fuck you. 

Me too. I only went to bed at 6am too. I was beyond pissed. 

Wolf Alice and Drenge were good last night but not much to write home about

I might give Drenge another go at a headline show/festival but I wouldn't bother seeing Wolf Alice again; well rehearsed but a little dull and a bit aloof

Only seen them at festivals but Drenge are fantastic in a tent but dull on a big stage, in my experience. The secret sets from the same Drenge/Wolf Alice combo in William's Green at Glastonbury were immense, and they were great at last year's Reading too, but I didn't really enjoy them at Hyde Park.

I thoroughly enjoyed Example last night, now Wiley, he was awful.

So what did you think of Pangaea? That was one of the worst ones I've been too but it was still pretty decent I thought

Didn't watch Wiley, was at the silent disco instead but most of my mates said that Example was pretty bed. I thought Pangaea was alright but it isn't my kind of music at all and the only reason I went was because it was freshers and all of my flat mates were going. Maybe I'd go again but I did spend a long time queing for stuff but I did slowly learn where the best places to get drinks and go to toilet were later on. Last two hours were mint though. Me and two of my flat mates were getting sick of dance and then we found a rockier stage which had an Indie Rock band on, then Indie Rock blaring over the PA system followed by a cover band so the night ended well. I may do it again if you said that it was one of the worst ones though

Didn't watch Wiley, was at the silent disco instead but most of my mates said that Example was pretty bed. I thought Pangaea was alright but it isn't my kind of music at all and the only reason I went was because it was freshers and all of my flat mates were going. Maybe I'd go again but I did spend a long time queing for stuff but I did slowly learn where the best places to get drinks and go to toilet were later on. Last two hours were mint though. Me and two of my flat mates were getting sick of dance and then we found a rockier stage which had an Indie Rock band on, then Indie Rock blaring over the PA system followed by a cover band so the night ended well. I may do it again if you said that it was one of the worst ones though

In fairness it's usually not really that much different to last nights event. Just the lineup was horrific yesterday for my tastes it was all grime/garage/dnb and no house/disco/techno which they usually have in abundance. The silent disco was the highlight of the night tbh, they were playing some great tunes over it.

Toilets in Academy 1 are the best place to go and the club academy bar is usually the quickest to get served

Going to any gigs in Manchester this year? Might see you around

I found Wolf Alice kind of dull at Glasto last year; though I went on to find their album (for the most part) similarly dull when that came out so that makes sense. Aloof is a pretty good descriptor for them actually. I think they've spawn from a pretty conscious label attempt to scoop up some of the heavy 90's alt-rock love that is (understandably) quite a thing now and just been put out there with some fuzz pedals to not necessarily write good songs but just sound a certain way, if that makes sense. Their tracks are fine, I wouldn't be against seeing them do well - certainly moreso than some up and comers like CATB - but there's nothing there really.

Edited by dentalplan