Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

Don't know if any of you have heard of The Smith Street Band. They're Australian and supported Frank Turner on the Australian leg of his tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtS83iJM5ck

Yeah I have a friend who's obsessed with them and spent ages trying to make me listen to them (along with Catfish and the Bottlemen before they became big, so I don't trust), and they just sounded like a Frank Turner tribute act to me.

Yup and they're great! :P

I made a post about them when Throw me in the River came out and no one cared but it was still in my top 5 albums of last year. Also they're on tour with Gnarwolves (who I also love) later in the year and I can't go ffs

Throw Me in the River is a fantastic album. Think my favourite of theirs is No One Gets Lost Anymore though. Damn, that's bad luck, I've been waiting for them to tour for ages so I couldn't say no really.

Yeah I have a friend who's obsessed with them and spent ages trying to make me listen to them (along with Catfish and the Bottlemen before they became big, so I don't trust), and they just sounded like a Frank Turner tribute act to me.

Yeah that's fair, my housemate said the same. I love frank though, so it's no real surprise I love the Australian incarnation as well.

Muse was insane last night. Great set list too, Assassin and Futurism got played. Only downside was ending on a new song that no one knows

ASSASSIN!!!!!!

I am not sure what to make of that setlist, it has Starlight in it which makes it crap...but also Asassin and Futurism which makes it the best of the tour.

Edited by LondonTom

Yeah but they've all had Starlight except Belfast tbf. At least Matt's playing guitar on it now, and if they're gonna have a slight breather after Assassin > Stockholm > Agitated I'd rather have that than Madness/Undisclosed Desires or some shit. Something like Blackout would be better, but they gotta play some hits I guess.

Yeah but they've all had Starlight except Belfast tbf. At least Matt's playing guitar on it now, and if they're gonna have a slight breather after Assassin > Stockholm > Agitated I'd rather have that than Madness/Undisclosed Desires or some shit. Something like Blackout would be better, but they gotta play some hits I guess.

Mates Madness -Kitara is what I'm dreaming of for Brighton

Did anyone listen to the For All My Sisters stream? Thought it was pretty meh

Yeah, its decent enough but kinda safe & samey which therefore kinda sucks as that's not really how The Cribs do things. They signed to a major for this one though didn't they? So a bit expected I guess

Alright, this narrows it down to half of their albums, I guess I can work with this :P

Well Men's Needs does have a vast abundance of excellent tracks on... and The New Fellas is brilliant, too. Now I come to think of it, Ignore The Ignorant and the S/T are also great, fuck it, just listen to all of them, Com.