Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

Yeah it doesn't seem to actually say anything about the gig other than the crowd. And I imagine you have a very well-thumbed thesaurus. Some lovely use of the English language (although why the Americanised idealized?) without really saying a great deal.

Yeah I concede it's only very loosely a review of the gig; perhaps it should have been positioned as a comment piece instead

And that Americanism was a mistake on my part, thanks for pointing it out

Maybe I did not clarify my argument as well as I could have; what seemed troubling about the gig was that it felt entirely based on falsehood, the audience really wished that they were seeing MCR with this being their consolation, while Way attempted to convince himself that his fans were here to enjoy his new art rather than admitting that he's complicit in a cult of personality

I'm not saying that he should simply stop because he has unhinged members of his fanbase, but he should not try to exploit them or condone their behaviour because I genuinely think it is an unhealthy influence for these obviously impressionable and vulnerable people. Similarly, he shouldn't start telling them that they're all saddos as that is equally, if not more dangerous; he just needs to appreciate how fragile these people are and in his best efforts try not to abuse his power

Ultimately the reason why the music and performance were sidelined in my article is because it appeared to be sidelined at the gig; it didn't really seem important to anyone there and that was reflected in my write-up, everything about the gig felt pretty insidious

The key difference between MCR and Way's solo career appears to be that MCR made music which had a tendency to appeal to outsiders whereas now Way seems to be targeting his work towards outsiders exclusively and in making that distinction he now has an invested interest in maintaining that his audience remain outsiders, the same way that acts such as Black Veil Brides or Blood on the Dancefloor do

That being said, I do understand that these observations are all tenuous at best and furthermore I thank you all for the feedback :)

Edited by rawaudioinput

Only one vegetarian in the Jack White tour party is a poor effort, you need at least a 25% veggie/vegan ratio for it to be a party. I bet the vegetarian in question was the drummer, that man pounded the skins with the energy and finesse of a man fueled by hummus, fruits (not bananas), lentils, few carbs, a snickers and some spicy parsnip soup.

Should I ask what's in the guacamole? (Might have a burrito for lunch, guys. Not decided yet).

He likes it chunky!

8 large, ripe Hass avocados, cut in half lengthwise. Remove the pit – save them, though – and dice into large cubes with a butter knife – three or four slits down, three or four across. Scoop out the chunks with a spoon, careful to maintain the avocados in fairly large chunks

4 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced

½ yellow onion, finely chopped

1 full bunch of coriander, chopped

4 Serrano peppers, de-veined and chopped

1 lime

Salt and pepper, to taste