Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

Gerard Way at the Guildhall last night was probably the most unpleasant gig I've ever been to; any illusion of the fans being there for the music was thrown out of the window and it genuinely felt as though he was exploiting the plentiful unstable mental conditions of his fanbase to maintain an audience, the venue was less than half full as well

Gerard Way at the Guildhall last night was probably the most unpleasant gig I've ever been to; any illusion of the fans being there for the music was thrown out of the window and it genuinely felt as though he was exploiting the plentiful unstable mental conditions of his fanbase to maintain an audience, the venue was less than half full as well

care to elaborate?

care to elaborate?

The MCRmy have always been a bit wierd/obessive, girls trying to relieve their youth of trying to sexually assault him from the crowd? :P

Also the half empty thing, I saw Chase & Status there a few years ago just after their 2nd album got released and I am sure it sold out but the actual hall only felt half full!

Weird venue tbh, it didn't feel like a proper professionall music venue at all really, just a hired out council hall.

Edited by LondonTom

I saw more people break down crying than people who knew the words to the songs. It's purely a cult of personality now. I've seen MCR before and this was a lot worse; literally every utterance he made was met with adulation. I swear at one point he said something as asinine as "I like flowers" and more than half the audience screamed, yet when he put the mic to the crowd during one song no one knew the lyrics.

He also kept on saying how thankful he was that he had fans and how he empathised with their problems; it was well-intentioned I'm sure but it seemed to perpetuate the notion that he was somehow their confidante which felt pretty unsettling. I'm sure he's trying to harbour a closer connection to his fans out of gratitude but at certain points it felt disingenuous and occasionally even manipulative.

One of the things that really irked me was he started speaking to this person on the barrier in between songs who had queued for 24 hours, he called them a trooper and then the audience proceeded to give them a round of applause. That kind of behaviour is not the behaviour of a mentally healthy human being. They spent 24 hours in a tent to see someone play songs that they don't even like. He should know better than to validate them for it.

It was a bit like seeing one of those Japanese popstars, the ones who get attacked with saws by crazed fans.

I saw more people break down crying than people who knew the words to the songs. It's purely a cult of personality now. I've seen MCR before and this was a lot worse; literally every utterance he made was met with adulation. I swear at one point he said something as asinine as "I like flowers" and more than half the audience screamed, yet when he put the mic to the crowd during one song no one knew the lyrics.

He also kept on saying how thankful he was that he had fans and how he empathised with their problems; it was well-intentioned I'm sure but it seemed to perpetuate the notion that he was somehow their confidante which felt pretty unsettling. I'm sure he's trying to harbour a closer connection to his fans out of gratitude but at certain points it felt disingenuous and occasionally even manipulative.

One of the things that really irked me was he started speaking to this person on the barrier in between songs who had queued for 24 hours, he called them a trooper and then the audience proceeded to give them a round of applause. That kind of behaviour is not the behaviour of a mentally healthy human being. They spent 24 hours in a tent to see someone play songs that they don't even like. He should know better than to validate them for it.

It was a bit like seeing one of those Japanese popstars, the ones who get attacked with saws by crazed fans.

Seems like how most of the people on this board react to Nick cave, neutral milk hotel or (for some) biffy clyro.