Hop Farm Festival 2014

Guest sisco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a sneaky feeling that Keane may be booked for the special guest Sunday headline slot. They are very much a local band who played the legendary Forum venue here in Tunbridge Wells recently to a small crowd of a few hundred. I don't believe they have anything else scheduled tour wise & lest we forget, a greatest hits at Christmas just gone along with Lily Allen doing a number 1 cover of a Keane track....it all comes together for a one off keanetastic special at the Hop.

I think that was for Vince Power's Hop Farm Festival, not the Hop Farm Festival at Hop Farm.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. There doesn't seem to be a forum for that Hop Farm yet, though. If it's true, I hope they don't leave it too late to announce, as I will have to wangle time off work ...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At Hop Farm. Both Deacon Blue and Dr John have cancelled. One for "illness" at least Dr John was honest and said the festival failed to honour its commitments. Shame because I was quite enjoying it but this has killed it. The crowd have got the hump. Different promoter same shit. I think this one is dead.

• 4 weeks later...

You have to pay a PRS fee on top of the fee you pay bands??? What sort of sense does that make?! I can understand a fee for covers (slightly) but this seems like a mad idea!

Copyright Law/The Music Industry is insane.

GUess thats the end of the old Hop Farm festival not at Hop Farm :P

Curiouser and Curiouser, even if he wanted to come back into the game surely after last year. the festival that just didn't hapepn at all this year aside from him saying it was going to happen on face.and now this, he would want to start over with a new brand? Just seems weird to post that to the orginal Hop Farm facebook page

• 1 month later...

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/weald/news/hop-farm-music-festival-will-23942

"I'm absolutely gutted. The festival will not continue. It is cursed ground."

Yes its cursed rather than line ups that don't seem to know who they are trying to appeal to and them being announced late with a very minimum amount of promotion.