worthy view vs tangerine fields

Guest e_p

We stayed at TF last year. Loved it, car park is right next to camping, tents all ready for when u get there, toilets were excellent and showers were great. Only thing is the walk up the massive hill to get to the site from the festival. But the pros out weigh the cons. We will be booking again this year.

I stayed in a bell tent in Worthy View as a 1 off to see what it was like, the site was great, a really chilled atmosphere but the hill was a killer, especially if you were mashed.

The things that I really benefited from were not having to pitch and so we were able to arrive when we wanted,the fact that we were a couple of hundred yards from the car & also the experience of not waking up in a tent that was akin to an oven.

I'll be back where I belong next year though... slumming it with the masses! :D

Hill to TF is a killer, showers and toilet are lush.

Try plan and go to Glasto once a day as we done it 2/3 times a day and it KILLED us.

Only issue was there was not a lot of atmosphere in TF. We had mates in main festival and visiting them did make us jealous. Looked a lot more fun in main site

Also stayed in TF last year. The hill (more like a gentle gradient) is fine but this year the Mrs and I are going to try WV. Same services offered and last year it was ran by TF staff. Also WV is closer to the late night action which is where we want to be, that is turn was the only downside to TF, the long walk home at the end of the night which seamed to take forever!

Also can check into your tent at WV on the Tuesday night from 6pm so bit cheaper as we stayed in a B&B the night before.

Has anyone used the popup motel before? Works on the same principle as WV / TF and I'm hoping the facilities are ok. It may be new - it looks like the more expensive popup Hotel was the only option in previous years but would be good to know if others have experienced the set up.

• 2 weeks later...

worthy view Pennards Farm) was praxis tent solutions in 2009, myhab in 2010 and 2011. Myhab went bust just prior to 2011 so Michael Eavis dipped into his own pockets to make sure myhab bookers got to stay on Pennards farm. From that Michael Eavis decided to no longer endorse off site camping and set up his own so Worthy View was born

I suspect people pay a premium for WV or TF on the expectation that they will get some sleep, at least. I don't know, but I suspect people would have more reason to complain about noise on the external paid-for campsites.

Also, why would you want to go back to a place that's just a campsite to 'party all night' when there's more than enough places on-site to party all night?