Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youcancallmeal

Sunday 6th Sale: Post Backdoor URLs in this thread if you get through

you have no idea how much I am seriously considering that!

shes effed off to her bedroom in a strop now saying 'how was I supposed to know?!'

I say: 'READ YOUR EMAIL LIKE I DID WOMAN AND EFFING WELL DELETE OLD REGISTRATIONS LIKE I TOLD YOU TO DO!'

the registration she gave me for herself was an old one she ASSURED me she updated the postcode of, only to then tell me she didnt think she had.......... I had the page THERE and was mashing f5 getting ready to enter debit card details..... got an error with the postcode...... then got the page BACK and clicked submit and got a sold out sign with a tweet 3 secs previous saying sold out.

SCHEISSE

edited to remove profanity so that Neil does not ban me

I'm sorry you didn't get your tickets, but frankly if that's the way you talk to and treat your girlfriend, you don't deserve her and she would be better off without you.

I'm sorry you didn't get your tickets, but frankly if that's the way you talk to and treat your girlfriend, you don't deserve her and she would be better off without you.

I'm sorry but post T-day disappointment caused by his gf's stupidity despite his warnings is not a summary of their relationship. If my gf did that to me i'd be suuuuuuper annoyed doesn't mean we shouldn't be together because the other 364 days and 22 hours of the year it isn't an issue.

I'm sorry but post T-day disappointment caused by his gf's stupidity despite his warnings is not a summary of their relationship. If my gf did that to me i'd be suuuuuuper annoyed doesn't mean we shouldn't be together because the other 364 days and 22 hours of the year it isn't an issue.

I dunno, from that post it sounds like she could be in a borderline abusive relationship.

I dunno, from that post it sounds like she could be in a borderline abusive relationship.

haha, oh wow, the world we live in!! Someone about 20 minutes after a huge disappointment caused by their gf's lack of attentiveness vents using an angry post on a forum and you think its an abusive relationship.

One angry post on a forum does not an abusive relationship make

Well that was a bit annoying. I never even got close to the holding page on my own in the hour and a half that I tried, yet on my phone's 3g and using a proxy I got through to it every single time (the holding page). Must have been something throttle-related going on?

Shit. Sorry love. I will be up and about to help any (regular) efesters on resale day. Those who trust me enough with their details anyway (and I would understand if not).

Thanks Scruffy. May even take you up on that! I'm hoping the ticket gods will see fit to reward me with tickets for you-know-who now. Although I wanted this more :(

Really glad you got them though :)

That stinks- it seems like there are a lot of people who've been going for 10 or more years who missed out.

People on efestivals seemed to have pretty good luck with the main resale last year, if I remember correctly. I know that doesn't help now, but maybe its an option worth considering in a few months, depending on how you feel then.

Also there is the option of working there, if that appeals to you?

Doubt you feel like even thinking about it now though- it's a horrible feeling not getting tickets when you've been going for such a long time (and even if you've just been once or twice).

I missed out last year for the first time and it's devastating if you have been going regularly. Managed to get a ticket via a friends connection today so will be back for my 19th visit!

My connection via Safari was hopeless, not a sniff of the ticket page at all.

Yeah I reckon next Friday got no chance now, but you're right, this was more important as I'll just go to Manchester at end of this month for Jangling Jack. (bet you can't guess what I'm listening to at work).

Bet I can ;)

At least I know *he* won't be there next year. Small consolation.

My IP was blocked. Working on 3G, but my local internet was blocked I think.

For those that didn't even get the Holding/Queue page you were probably blocked by SeeTickets.

There no multi tabs policy = multiple connections = BLOCKED!

Those with only one browser open probably had a better chance!!!

Simple really, they warned people about it.

1 tab at all times on my machine and I eventually got in at 9:40

Simple really, they warned people about it.

1 tab at all times on my machine and I eventually got in at 9:40

I don't think that's true. I had one tab in one browser on a PC and couldn't even get the holding page.

On an ipad I had multiple browsers and got closer, seeing it once or twice.

On Thursday I had three browsers and got straight in pretty much (for a mate not me, annoyingly).

My IP was blocked. Working on 3G, but my local internet was blocked I think.

For those that didn't even get the Holding/Queue page you were probably blocked by SeeTickets.

There no multi tabs policy = multiple connections = BLOCKED!

Those with only one browser open probably had a better chance!!!

I had multiple tabs and multiple browsers up so your multiple connection theory is BS

Somehow, I got it into my head that the sale was at 6PM. Not sure how that happened, it's always been 9 before. Derp.

Ah well, I'll load up on proxies for the resale.

I am wondering if theres some kind of IP, IP range, ISP or geographical filtering taking place? i.e certain I.P's get blocked out due to flooding?

Why is there a 6 ticket limit if people can go back and get three, four, five lots of 6 tickets? Seems very unfair that it's possible and that people do it.

Well I don't know about other people but I couldn't get back in after first 6....

you have no idea how much I am seriously considering that!

shes effed off to her bedroom in a strop now saying 'how was I supposed to know?!'

I say: 'READ YOUR EMAIL LIKE I DID WOMAN AND EFFING WELL DELETE OLD REGISTRATIONS LIKE I TOLD YOU TO DO!'

the registration she gave me for herself was an old one she ASSURED me she updated the postcode of, only to then tell me she didnt think she had.......... I had the page THERE and was mashing f5 getting ready to enter debit card details..... got an error with the postcode...... then got the page BACK and clicked submit and got a sold out sign with a tweet 3 secs previous saying sold out.

SCHEISSE

edited to remove profanity so that Neil does not ban me

Gutting. My GF managed to give me the correct one, Must be a keeper!

I agree there was some throttling. Have EE superfast. Got through on 3 tabs literally at the same time just after 10am. My phone on 3g could not connect at all to the website.

That is an astonishing conclusion to come too, if that were my girlfriend i would be fuming and it would likely cause an arguement, but to say that the relationship is abusive based on two posts is majorly jumping to conclusions

Has anyone heard of this being tried (if possible).....

A tool where you enter the url it then auto refreshes in milliseconds then stops if it detects a specific keyword or page colour etc? i.e it picks up "qty"

Now in effect there servers must be able to accept a max amount of connections at any one point but if we had a tool to auto refresh at an incredible speed rather than using fingers to hit f5..refresh button we might have an advantage?

This is of course unless they dont ban the number of attempts...isps..ips etc

I still don't know if I got tickets or not :superstition: I got all the reg details in, then bank details, then it went to the next page and nothing, this happened 3 times. No e-mail, no money gone, so I take it's a No? this happened at 9.51 couldn't get anything after that - would like to know either way :this: have messaged See via face ache and see if I hear anything from that - it's the not knowing which is galling to say the least :dontknow:

apologies to Neil for bad language in previous post and anybody else I might have offended