Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youcancallmeal

Sunday 6th Sale: Post Backdoor URLs in this thread if you get through

I just got my tickets by adding 194.168.131.174 glastonbury.seetickets.com to my hosts file:

Detailed steps on Windows 7:

- Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click 'Notepad' and select 'Run as Administrator'

- Click Yes at the prompt.

- In Notepad, go to file -> open -> navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

- To the right of the 'file name' box in the 'open' prompt, there is a drop-down box that displays "Text documents (*.txt)" - change this to "All files (*.*)"

- Select hosts

- Scroll to the bottom of the file that opens, and paste in the following on a new line

194.168.131.174 glastonbury.seetickets.com

- Make sure it's not prefixed with a #.

- Save.

- And then try loading the webpage again.

I'd suggest changing the hosts file back once you've got tickets, to avoid any possible confusion in future years!

is there a space between 174 and glastonbury?

I can't even get onto the holding pages now on my laptop, my phone on 3g is refreshing on it. This is turning out to be as bad as last year :(

Had no luck on my computer at all.... but managed to get through countless times on my phones 3G

Haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet, should I be worried? It also said on the booking form 'some attempts may be unsuccessful etc.'

These things take time right?

Second using a phone and 3G - whoever posted that tip thankyou!! Just worked for me, on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and dolphin browser.

Good luck all - am now super excited to be going to Glasto for first time in 4 years :) :)

changed the host - nothing. the booking page i've had open on my phone for an hour won't go through. failed to get tickets on thursday. i want one effing ticket. what have i done to piss off the ticket gods so

Firefox & 3G dongle with

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Event/GLASTONBURY-2014-DEPOSITS/Worthy-Farm/800000

worked for me.

keyed in reg nos - got an error when pressed proceed so did back & details were still there. Clicked proceed again and bosh - Tickets GET!

FYI : ping glastonbury.seetickets.com = 194.168.202.218

the hosts file mod isnt working but thanks anyway for posting!

Sorry! It worked for me - but it's all over Twitter now, so maybe there is no longer a time advantage as so many people are using it.

Refreshing for an hour and a quarter on a PC using Firefox, Chrome and explorer. Turned on the wifi on the iPhone opened safari refreshed 3 times and hey presto. Definitely seems to favour safari/ios over windows.

I never got beyond http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2014-deposits/worthy-farm/800000/

Luckily Drewstrat, our group Head of IT, managed it on his office computer which had a fast internet connection.

Herogram for Andrew.

The clue was in his first name. Parents must have realised calling him Luckily would help him in life. ;)

Haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet, should I be worried? It also said on the booking form 'some attempts may be unsuccessful etc.'

These things take time right?

I'm also waiting for my email, I screen capped my final booking page just in case something messes up.

Finally got tickets. I was starting to get a bit worried there for a second ^^ Especially when the final page after putting in card details timed out three times :|

Got in by adding the following to my hosts file:

(will post detailed instructions in a minute)

Edit: Detailed instructions on Windows 7:

- Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click 'Notepad' and select 'Run as Administrator'

- Click Yes at the prompt.

- In Notepad, go to file -> open -> navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

- To the right of the 'file name' box in the 'open' prompt, there is a drop-down box that displays "Text documents (*.txt)" - change this to "All files (*.*)"

- Select hosts

- Scroll to the bottom of the file that opens, and paste in the following on a new line

- Make sure it's not prefixed with a #.

- Save.

- And then try loading the webpage again.

I'd suggest changing the hosts file back once you've got tickets, to avoid any possible confusion in future years!

done all of this and it will not save

Flippin' 'eck! That was not fun. 3 browser on one laptop, 2 on another and 2 over a VPN connection, plus 2 phones, and eventually we got through over orange 3G.

Once you get the booking page up everything is pretty smooth for a change. No "connection timed out" errors after entering all your details :)