Sunday 6th Sale: Post Backdoor URLs in this thread if you get through

youcancallmeal

Did the DNS/HOST trick (194.168.131.174) just load the waiting page better (without timing out) or did it actually send you directly to the 'add registration' page (like last year)?

I didn't think the DNS/HOST trick would work again as I'd assume See would close that loophole.

Just curious. Thanks.

Did the DNS/HOST trick (194.168.131.174) just load the waiting page better (without timing out) or did it actually send you directly to the 'add registration' page (like last year)?

I didn't think the DNS/HOST trick would work again as I'd assume See would close that loophole.

Just curious. Thanks.

It did, yes. For a bit - and we're talking maybe an opening of about 3 minutes tops from my end. I updated my hosts file as soon as somebody posted the address and it got me through on Opera within seconds. Incidentally that isn't how I got my tickets. My fiancee did what everybody else did and refreshed Chrome, and whenever it came to her 'turn', we got through to the booking page, I raced upstairs with my debit card - ran back downstairs whenever I realised the post code was wrong - ran back upstairs, put in the CORRECT details along with the debit card details and then about a minute later 'Booking Confirmation'. Massive "fucking yes!". Went out and did some shopping, came back, got the confirmation email.

But yes, the host file edit trick did work for a very, very brief period of time. There wasn't that gap of about half an hour like last year.

I dunno, from that post it sounds like she could be in a borderline abusive relationship.

Just because I was upset for 10 minutes because of my girlfriends ineptitude and sheer stupidity and have a rant on here does not mean I beat her.

Quite frankly I am shocked and disgusted that you think this without even knowing me.

You have been reported to Neil and I expect him to deal with you. No one calls me a woman beater, not even in an online forum such as this one. Never have, never will.

I got upset because she messed up. You would've done the same.

I don't think that's true. I had one tab in one browser on a PC and couldn't even get the holding page.

On an ipad I had multiple browsers and got closer, seeing it once or twice.

On Thursday I had three browsers and got straight in pretty much (for a mate not me, annoyingly).

I agree, I had multiple tabs open on Opera and still got through to the ticket page, (then wondered why it didn't process, dur, till I closed all the other tabs and refreshed).

I got all the way through twice, once on laptop using two tabs in Chrome and the second time on 3g on my phone.

Thing is, both tabs in Chrome went through to the add reg page at the same time, but after getting the first 6 tickets I then tried entering the remaining 4 regs into the second tab only to be chucked out to the landing page. Didn't get near the booking page again on my wifi.

Made me think that they had some way of knowing an order had been made on my IP and stopping a second one, but I've seen plenty of people saying they got through again so guess they weren't blocking.

I got upset because she messed up. You would've done the same.

I don't think my missus would have forgiven me if the massive cock-up I'd made with the postcodes was the determining factor in why we didn't go to Glastonbury. Arguments are just something that's bound to happen aren't they? Even when we got through to get the tickets, she gave me a frown. So yeah.

Fucking up a Glastonbury booking is like misplacing a winning lottery ticket. To get annoyed about something petulant like SeeTickets server capabilities is irrational but attributing it to human error, and something that could have been (easily) avoided, and ultimately resulted in you losing your trip to Glasto... that's when red mist appears. It'd happen to anybody who felt cheated.

The bit I can't get my head around is that in our group of 6 none of us even had a sniff with 12 laptops and 2 iPads in 3 towns. But a friend of a friend got in 3 separate times and bought 18 tickets - unfortunately not one for me. He used one laptop with one Chrome browser open.

So is it luck?

I don't think my missus would have forgiven me if the massive cock-up I'd made with the postcodes was the determining factor in why we didn't go to Glastonbury. Arguments are just something that's bound to happen aren't they? Even when we got through to get the tickets, she gave me a frown. So yeah.

Fucking up a Glastonbury booking is like misplacing a winning lottery ticket. To get annoyed about something petulant like SeeTickets server capabilities is irrational but attributing it to human error, and something that could have been (easily) avoided, and ultimately resulted in you losing your trip to Glasto... that's when red mist appears. It'd happen to anybody who felt cheated.

I may have read that wrong but I read that as if you understood.

If my reading is correct, I thank you!

Sorry, Monday mornings make my brain fuzzy

Ps: to all that think I beat women etc etc me and my GF have kissed and made up now by the way. We do not hate one another and I consider it water under the bridge. It's forced me into volunteering for oxfam subject to applications being accepted which is by no means a bad thing as I will get to represent a charity and raise them money :)

• Upvote 2

I may have read that wrong but I read that as if you understood.

If my reading is correct, I thank you!

Sorry, Monday mornings make my brain fuzzy

No you read correctly. When it comes to something like this, it's easy to understand the frustration when the error could have been avoided so easily. To say that your missus is in a borderline abusive relationship based on what you said to her and how you reacted is just... well, bullshit, frankly. Unless it's true of course, but even then I can't imagine the guy who said that is in the position to know you on a personal level anyway, so it'd still be considered a form of slander. Whatever the case, I think a warning's in order for it (not you) and you were merely describing something that could have happened to any of us. Thing is, I don't think most of us would have posted what you described - I'd have said "girlfriend fucked up, didn't get tickets sadface" and then waited to see if anybody asked how she fucked up. If they didn't, I'd presume to think they didn't care so not go into any finer details.

In any event, as I say, if I cocked up the postcode details and it was a determining factor in why we didn't get Glasto tickets, my missus wouldn't have forgiven me for it. Wouldn't have forgiven myself for it actually. What's key is the ability to just move on though in those circumstances, unless the 'stupidity' and 'ineptitude' is something that happens on a regular basis, in which case I'd advise you to disclose said relationship concerns elsewhere. In all fairness to your missus, you could have double checked every detail yourself so as to avoid such frustration occuring, and I say that in hindsight because that's the very thing I didn't do.

But bad luck anyway mate. Get 'em in the resale.

I got all the way through twice, once on laptop using two tabs in Chrome and the second time on 3g on my phone.

Thing is, both tabs in Chrome went through to the add reg page at the same time, but after getting the first 6 tickets I then tried entering the remaining 4 regs into the second tab only to be chucked out to the landing page. Didn't get near the booking page again on my wifi.

Made me think that they had some way of knowing an order had been made on my IP and stopping a second one, but I've seen plenty of people saying they got through again so guess they weren't blocking.

I'm no IT expert but I think this may be because all tabs in a particular browser are now treated as one session by the server (hence both of your tabs hit the reg page at the same time). The session is closed by the server when a successful purchase is made to stop people using the back button to make multiple purchases with the same tab, therefore your other open tab returned to the holding page when you subsequently tried to enter the remaining 4 registrations using a session that was already closed.

Edit: This shouldn't affect your chances of getting in on further attempts with a fresh session though, and it's probably only down to luck that you didn't get through again.

I believe this is a change to the set up over previous years (when multiple purchases were possible), and might explain the reason behind the warning they put out this year about multiple tabs potentially causing problems (as opposed to previous years when this wasn't a problem).

As I said I'm no IT expert so am happy to be corrected on this by someone who is!

Edited by BA4 4BY

Ps: to all that think I beat women etc etc me and my GF have kissed and made up now by the way. We do not hate one another and I consider it water under the bridge. It's forced me into volunteering for oxfam subject to applications being accepted which is by no means a bad thing as I will get to represent a charity and raise them money :)

Glad to hear it, and I agree the reaction of that poster was OTT. Although I bet you were wishing yesterday that you had checked the other reg number details yourself last week prior to the sale. As they say, if you want something done right - do it yourself!

No you read correctly. When it comes to something like this, it's easy to understand the frustration when the error could have been avoided so easily. To say that your missus is in a borderline abusive relationship based on what you said to her and how you reacted is just... well, bullshit, frankly. Unless it's true of course, but even then I can't imagine the guy who said that is in the position to know you on a personal level anyway, so it'd still be considered a form of slander. Whatever the case, I think a warning's in order for it (not you) and you were merely describing something that could have happened to any of us. Thing is, I don't think most of us would have posted what you described - I'd have said "girlfriend fucked up, didn't get tickets sadface" and then waited to see if anybody asked how she fucked up. If they didn't, I'd presume to think they didn't care so not go into any finer details.

In any event, as I say, if I cocked up the postcode details and it was a determining factor in why we didn't get Glasto tickets, my missus wouldn't have forgiven me for it. Wouldn't have forgiven myself for it actually. What's key is the ability to just move on though in those circumstances, unless the 'stupidity' and 'ineptitude' is something that happens on a regular basis, in which case I'd advise you to disclose said relationship concerns elsewhere. In all fairness to your missus, you could have double checked every detail yourself so as to avoid such frustration occuring, and I say that in hindsight because that's the very thing I didn't do.

But bad luck anyway mate. Get 'em in the resale.

Thank you sir. Thank you. Summed up entirely as I would now put it now I've calmed down!

And also to Jie Bie I agree I should've checked myself. I am a prat!

The bit I can't get my head around is that in our group of 6 none of us even had a sniff with 12 laptops and 2 iPads in 3 towns. But a friend of a friend got in 3 separate times and bought 18 tickets - unfortunately not one for me. He used one laptop with one Chrome browser open.

So is it luck?

Yep, its all down to luck! 100%! A bit of determination and persistence will tip it in your favour more but ultimately you have to be lucky

Just found and read through this whole post.

Been to Glasto the last 4 years having successfully got tickets every year, absolutely gutted to have failed both on Thursday and yesterday. I'm not very tech savvy so the posts about changing hosts etc don't make a lot of sense to me. On Thursday I had just the one browser and tab open on 3 computers, got through 4 times, entered reg details only for it to crash, finally got through to select coach departure over and over and over again, continually crashed before the sold out message. Yesterday didn't even get close. The page just would not load and I approximate 350 + phone calls were made on 3 phones. Absolutely heartbroken!

Just holding out for the re sale now, sounds like using an iPhone could be the way forward but my hand started shaking so badly when I got through on Thursday!

We have approx 14 of us trying for 20 tickets - all with multiple devices, with a mixture of work, broadband, fibre etc

One person got through 3 times. I would 'get it' if he got through once, but for him to get through 3 times seems strange 'luck'

i was extremely lucky and he got me tickets... so i personally have nothing to complain about, but it does seem 'strange' luck. Last year the same 14 ish people trying and a different person for on 3 times and no-one else and the same the time before

I suppose I don;t understand how some people can get on mulpiple times and others not at all - if the muliple people got on once I'd get it but 3+ times - and that seems to be a common story

But what do I know I only learned what F5 does this week :-)

• 11 months later...