Sunday 6th Sale: Post Backdoor URLs in this thread if you get through

youcancallmeal

That stinks- it seems like there are a lot of people who've been going for 10 or more years who missed out.

People on efestivals seemed to have pretty good luck with the main resale last year, if I remember correctly. I know that doesn't help now, but maybe its an option worth considering in a few months, depending on how you feel then.

Also there is the option of working there, if that appeals to you?

Doubt you feel like even thinking about it now though- it's a horrible feeling not getting tickets when you've been going for such a long time (and even if you've just been once or twice).

I missed out last year for the first time and it's devastating if you have been going regularly. Managed to get a ticket via a friends connection today so will be back for my 19th visit!

My connection via Safari was hopeless, not a sniff of the ticket page at all.

My IP was blocked. Working on 3G, but my local internet was blocked I think.

For those that didn't even get the Holding/Queue page you were probably blocked by SeeTickets.

There no multi tabs policy = multiple connections = BLOCKED!

Those with only one browser open probably had a better chance!!!

Simple really, they warned people about it.

1 tab at all times on my machine and I eventually got in at 9:40

Edited by Ricci's Special Kebabs

Simple really, they warned people about it.

1 tab at all times on my machine and I eventually got in at 9:40

I don't think that's true. I had one tab in one browser on a PC and couldn't even get the holding page.

On an ipad I had multiple browsers and got closer, seeing it once or twice.

On Thursday I had three browsers and got straight in pretty much (for a mate not me, annoyingly).

My IP was blocked. Working on 3G, but my local internet was blocked I think.

For those that didn't even get the Holding/Queue page you were probably blocked by SeeTickets.

There no multi tabs policy = multiple connections = BLOCKED!

Those with only one browser open probably had a better chance!!!

I had multiple tabs and multiple browsers up so your multiple connection theory is BS

Why is there a 6 ticket limit if people can go back and get three, four, five lots of 6 tickets? Seems very unfair that it's possible and that people do it.

Well I don't know about other people but I couldn't get back in after first 6....

you have no idea how much I am seriously considering that!

shes effed off to her bedroom in a strop now saying 'how was I supposed to know?!'

I say: 'READ YOUR EMAIL LIKE I DID WOMAN AND EFFING WELL DELETE OLD REGISTRATIONS LIKE I TOLD YOU TO DO!'

the registration she gave me for herself was an old one she ASSURED me she updated the postcode of, only to then tell me she didnt think she had.......... I had the page THERE and was mashing f5 getting ready to enter debit card details..... got an error with the postcode...... then got the page BACK and clicked submit and got a sold out sign with a tweet 3 secs previous saying sold out.

SCHEISSE

edited to remove profanity so that Neil does not ban me

Gutting. My GF managed to give me the correct one, Must be a keeper!

I dunno, from that post it sounds like she could be in a borderline abusive relationship.

That is an astonishing conclusion to come too, if that were my girlfriend i would be fuming and it would likely cause an arguement, but to say that the relationship is abusive based on two posts is majorly jumping to conclusions

Has anyone heard of this being tried (if possible).....

A tool where you enter the url it then auto refreshes in milliseconds then stops if it detects a specific keyword or page colour etc? i.e it picks up "qty"

Now in effect there servers must be able to accept a max amount of connections at any one point but if we had a tool to auto refresh at an incredible speed rather than using fingers to hit f5..refresh button we might have an advantage?

This is of course unless they dont ban the number of attempts...isps..ips etc

Edited by bowlingo

I still don't know if I got tickets or not :superstition: I got all the reg details in, then bank details, then it went to the next page and nothing, this happened 3 times. No e-mail, no money gone, so I take it's a No? this happened at 9.51 couldn't get anything after that - would like to know either way :this: have messaged See via face ache and see if I hear anything from that - it's the not knowing which is galling to say the least :dontknow:

apologies to Neil for bad language in previous post and anybody else I might have offended

Edited by Mrs*E*

Hmmmm. Are See piling IP ranges into DDOS buckets...Have they set parameters which say 'if IP hits server more than x times in x seconds, do not serve page'. Cos that's what it felt like was happening. I literally stopped mashing redial on my mobile to call the telephone number, disabled wifi, went to google, googled see tickets glastonbury, clicked first link, following link to seetickets from glastonbury festival page, entered my reg codes etc, submitted, entered payment details, submitted and got confirmation. No timeouts anywhere in process at about 10 past 10 I think.

The other 2 ipads on wifi therefore in same IP range, occasionally got the retrying in 20 seconds page which I let run down and only refreshed when they timed out of that loop. The 2 laptops I'd been mashing f5 on never loaded a single page.

But then others of you who've been mashing f5 got in fine, right?

Hmmmm. Are See piling IP ranges into DDOS buckets...Have they set parameters which say 'if IP hits server more than x times in x seconds, do not serve page'. Cos that's what it felt like was happening. I literally stopped mashing redial on my mobile to call the telephone number, disabled wifi, went to google, googled see tickets glastonbury, clicked first link, following link to seetickets from glastonbury festival page, entered my reg codes etc, submitted, entered payment details, submitted and got confirmation. No timeouts anywhere in process at about 10 past 10 I think.

The other 2 ipads on wifi therefore in same IP range, occasionally got the retrying in 20 seconds page which I let run down and only refreshed when they timed out of that loop. The 2 laptops I'd been mashing f5 on never loaded a single page.

But then others of you who've been mashing f5 got in fine, right?

I had 3 laptops all set up on wifi with Chrome running auto refresh hitting the server every 3 seconds,( that works out at 540 request from my network a minuite) they won't blacklish IP ranges, of Pile them up,

its just luck and people are trying to justify a reason why they didn't get tickets, some people just won't accept it takes a bit of luck and good fortune

I still don't know if I got tickets or not :superstition: I got all the reg details in, then bank details, then it went to the next page and nothing, this happened 3 times. No e-mail, no money gone, so I take it's a No? this happened at 9.51 couldn't get anything after that - would like to know either way :this: have messaged See via face ache and see if I hear anything from that - it's the not knowing which is galling to say the least :dontknow:

apologies to Neil for bad language in previous post and anybody else I might have offended

Money doesn't usually go until Monday at the earliest, I've know it leave thrusday, they won't put the system under any more pressure with automatic withdrawal

Forgive my absolute ignorance on such matters, but had I gone through a proxy server today to try & get my tickets, would I have had a better chance of getting through? Very limited knowledge on such matters over in this camp!

not really, only the same chances as your current ip - but it'd be a different one so an extra chance