Sunday 6th Sale: Post Backdoor URLs in this thread if you get through

youcancallmeal

I managed to get through and this will be my first year and seeing all these glasto vets not getting tickets makes me really upset because its you guys that made this festival. I've wanted to go to this place for 8 years now and finally have the money and the group of people to do so, but if it means people miss out it doesn't feel like a big win.

• Upvote 3

I managed to get through and this will be my first year and seeing all these glasto vets not getting tickets makes me really upset because its you guys that made this festival. I've wanted to go to this place for 8 years now and finally have the money and the group of people to do so, but if it means people miss out it doesn't feel like a big win.

Don't worry mate, people have to miss out. Enjoy it, you'll have the most amazing time

I got a ticket via a friend, but I must say from 8.30 onwards I was online and apart from one page at 9.01 that instantly died, I didn't even have a page open up. On 3 browsers not a single page would load; that is bullshit. I feel for all the people who had it like me and didn't have mates who got lucky.

What even causes that? I had 0 hope getting a ticket myself. SEE obviosuly dislike me

Didn't get a sniff of anything after 9am. Even now, half an hour after it's sold out, I can't get on to any Seetickets or Glastonbury page -- not even the Sold Out page.

I'm on TalkTalk fibre - anyone else with TalkTalk got the same problems? Could TalkTalk be blocked by Seetickets?

Same here.

No luck on our sky broadband but both got through on EE 3g & 4g connections.

Tethered mobile to the laptop and got all our tickets.

Not really fair on those with just a pc\laptop at home with a major isp.

I got 13 tickets via 3 separate orders using Sky BB. I suspect this "Seetickets were throttling some IPs" thing is absolute poppycock.

Best of luck in the resales to all those who missed out.

End of an era.

Been to every one since 1998.

Thanks to all you lovely people in here for keeping the spirits up.

Gutted.

That stinks- it seems like there are a lot of people who've been going for 10 or more years who missed out.

People on efestivals seemed to have pretty good luck with the main resale last year, if I remember correctly. I know that doesn't help now, but maybe its an option worth considering in a few months, depending on how you feel then.

Also there is the option of working there, if that appeals to you?

Doubt you feel like even thinking about it now though- it's a horrible feeling not getting tickets when you've been going for such a long time (and even if you've just been once or twice).

That's a really nice thing to say. As someone else has said - enjoy it. I managed to get my tickets so this will be my 9th! But I only managed to get 6 tickets out of 18 wanted ...

It sounds like it was successful for you - esp if it wouldn't let you reuse your reg number. Maybe check your bank balance if you haven't yet gotten the email? I could see that the money was in holding on mine so confirmed it that way...

Thanks man! I have checked my bank account. I can't see no movements (maybe because it's sunday?), but I had 100pounds more last night (I bought 2 tickets). Omg... I really need that e-mail...

Managed to get 3, was really beginning to lose faith just as I got through, gutted for those that missed out. Was sickening seeing the tweets saying how many were being sold about how many were left.

I know I'l get the confirmation email, but will anything be sent to the other 2 people that I've bought tickets for?

That's a really nice thing to say. As someone else has said - enjoy it. I managed to get my tickets so this will be my 9th! But I only managed to get 6 tickets out of 18 wanted ...

I get to visit shang ri la and have the best time of my life. I've been to Reading hte past 2 years and Download the year before that, but I know glasto is something special, I probably wont even touch Pyramid stage.

Didn't get a sniff of anything after 9am. Even now, half an hour after it's sold out, I can't get on to any Seetickets or Glastonbury page -- not even the Sold Out page.

I'm on TalkTalk fibre - anyone else with TalkTalk got the same problems? Could TalkTalk be blocked by Seetickets?

I had the same with BT, just the chrome error, even until 5-10 mins ago. Logged into homehub, disconnected and reconnected to pick up new address then all 5 straight in.

Frustrating, literally clicked purchase tickets on got the "Sold Out" message. Never felt so sick!

Annoying seeing people who are say, less fanatical about music on twitter getting tickets but I'm sure they'll have a good time. Looking on the bright side I'm not a big Fleetwood Mac fan.

Why is there a 6 ticket limit if people can go back and get three, four, five lots of 6 tickets? Seems very unfair that it's possible and that people do it.

I had to start from the beginning for each separate order, no clicking back on the browser or anything like that.

If people get lucky multiple times they are sorting other people out so don't see why it's unfair.

I got 13 tickets via 3 separate orders using Sky BB. I suspect this "Seetickets were throttling some IPs" thing is absolute poppycock.

Best of luck in the resales to all those who missed out.

I agree but there does seem to be a 4g/3g mobile being better than broadband trend.

Possibly throttling being done by ISP's themselves to manage traffic?