Sunday 6th Sale: Post Backdoor URLs in this thread if you get through

youcancallmeal

Firefox & 3G dongle with

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Event/GLASTONBURY-2014-DEPOSITS/Worthy-Farm/800000

worked for me.

keyed in reg nos - got an error when pressed proceed so did back & details were still there. Clicked proceed again and bosh - Tickets GET!

FYI : ping glastonbury.seetickets.com = 194.168.202.218

I never got beyond http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2014-deposits/worthy-farm/800000/

Luckily Drewstrat, our group Head of IT, managed it on his office computer which had a fast internet connection.

Herogram for Andrew.

The clue was in his first name. Parents must have realised calling him Luckily would help him in life. ;)

• Upvote 1

Got in by adding the following to my hosts file:

194.168.131.174 glastonbury.seetickets.com

(will post detailed instructions in a minute)

Edit: Detailed instructions on Windows 7:

- Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click 'Notepad' and select 'Run as Administrator'

- Click Yes at the prompt.

- In Notepad, go to file -> open -> navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

- To the right of the 'file name' box in the 'open' prompt, there is a drop-down box that displays "Text documents (*.txt)" - change this to "All files (*.*)"

- Select hosts

- Scroll to the bottom of the file that opens, and paste in the following on a new line

194.168.131.174 glastonbury.seetickets.com

- Make sure it's not prefixed with a #.

- Save.

- And then try loading the webpage again.

I'd suggest changing the hosts file back once you've got tickets, to avoid any possible confusion in future years!

done all of this and it will not save

Flippin' 'eck! That was not fun. 3 browser on one laptop, 2 on another and 2 over a VPN connection, plus 2 phones, and eventually we got through over orange 3G.

Once you get the booking page up everything is pretty smooth for a change. No "connection timed out" errors after entering all your details :)

I think it looks like they've twigged the hosts file change and blocked it, or everyone's just mashing the server now.

The hosts file change worked for me, so thanks to whoever dug out the IPs for See.

As for the email thing, just be patient - I completed my booking at 9.43 and didn't get an email until about 20 minutes later.