International Sales -> Visa Debit acceptable?

Guest bulb

So sorry for creating a new topic.

Was just running over tomorrow's plan and saw that apparently UK purchases can only be made on debit cards, while International purchases (we're in Ireland) can ONLY be made on credit cards.

Talk about a kick in the teeth!

We don't have enough on our Mastercard to cover it and money won't transfer that quickly over night.

We only have Visa Debit cards from our Irish accounts.

Freaking out.

Would the Visa Debit work for us?

Other alternative is that we have a 02 Money Card which is in essence a VISA card. Would that be an option?

Please help. Dying to go back to Glastonbury as a family holiday. Have found this forum fantastic in the past.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers!

Don't have a definitive answer for you, but my guess is that the debit card won't work unless it is a UK based account. I'd try getting through by phone if you can, as well as online of course. If you get through by phone and talk to someone they may be able to sort something. But failing that try sticking it on your Mastercard anyway, you may get a couple of days grace. Or try and borrow one that has sufficient credit on it from a good friend!

Great,

Look lads, thanks an absolute million.

I really really REALLY wish that this had been made clearer.

We had totally forgotten this and talk about last minute!

Fingers crossed this will work, if we even get through to that part!