Map's up.. The changes appear to be:

• Pink campsite no more. Small Temple Island campsite added, confusingly nowhere near where Temple Island was nor is. Looks like they're expecting less the same number of campers as Orange is encroaching into former Temple Island.
  • Temple Island moved to Magic Meadow in former Rizlab area, former field is very sparse.
  • Psychedelic Worm area back as a bands area (Invaders of Future), Comedy merged with Spiegeltent.
  • Hidden Disco now BBC Introducing.
  • Reggae Roots replacing Swamp Shack
  • Replay w/RDB stage no more
  • Classic Album Sundays back, now in Ambient Forest
Edited by tillyandthewall

You should be fine taking in whatever, although I have previously seen one security guard enforce this on some poor girl. Maybe break a crate down and spread the cans throughout your bag, or hide some spirits in there and you should be alright

<p>

Map's up.. The changes appear to be:

• Pink campsite no more. Small Temple Island campsite added, confusingly nowhere near where Temple Island was nor is. Looks like they're expecting less the same number of campers as Orange is encroaching into former Temple Island.
  • Temple Island moved to Magic Meadow in former Rizlab area, former field is very sparse.
  • Psychedelic Worm area back as a bands area (Invaders of Future), Comedy merged with Spiegeltent.
  • Hidden Disco now BBC Introducing.
  • Reggae Roots replacing Swamp Shack
  • Replay w/RDB stage no more
  • Classic Album Sundays back, now in Ambient Forest

That "Temple Island Campsite" is very odd. I wonder if it's been left by mistake from an earlier draft. Maybe Temple Island was moving to the Wishing Tree field at one point.

It certainly looks like there a few thousand fewer punters than usual (in common with several other festivals this year). Hopefully this won't result in them being stricter on taking booze through the checkpoints. I suspect the lack of information on stage times is an attempt to try and sell as many programmes as possible.

Anyone able to tell me if the on site camping shop is outrageously expensive? Can't find my chair so thinking I'll have to buy one once I'm there.

Pretty much on par with other festivals. Last time I bought a chair it was a fiver for one of the little 3-legged jobs. Might be a bit more now (I have made it last a few years) -- but not by much.

has nobody inside gotten hold of a programme yet!? i need to know who the fuck john talabot clashes with on the saturday of hell

edit: http://2014.bestival.net/news/bestival-tickets-have-sold-out

Luckily just in time, though you can buy "returns" from Ticketline and they are holding a number at on site box offices for touts...mhmm :P

Luckily just in time, though you can buy "returns" from Ticketline and they are holding a number at on site box offices for touts...mhmm :P

Judging by the size of Chic's crowd (and the general bustle of the site all weekend, and the fact that extra car parks and campsites were open), it probably did genuinely sell out. I reckon there must have been a huge rush of sales in the last few days.

I'm sure someone joked about Lethal Bizzle being the Reading secret act. Bit of a tragic one that.

He was actually midly entertaining POW! :ninja:

Judging by the size of Chic's crowd (and the general bustle of the site all weekend, and the fact that extra car parks and campsites were open), it probably did genuinely sell out. I reckon there must have been a huge rush of sales in the last few days.

I thought Chic's crowd seemed smaller than Outkast? I came down from the Big Top for both of them just as they started and got through to almost the 2nd barrier for Chic, where's Outkast I was quite a way back!

I can't jugde in comparinson with other years mind, but yes the campsites on the maps were bursting at the seams when I got there about 10pm due to some unfornate circumstanes with the Hovercraft and the wait for the fricking shuttle bus.

I had a great time,some stunning sets across the weekend. Really quite like alot of what Bestival are trying to do there but felt sometimes it was hard to be Glastonbury that it misses out alot on the little infrastructure things that make Glastonbury brilliant. They can't help the ferries, but they can help the shuttle buses/long ass hilly walk for public transport goers into fields already packed/more bins/not being able to buy shuttle passes online or have the correct change so you can get a return or maybe even being able to buy on site during the festival etc. :P

Felt the crowd was odd, I bet it was really lovely a few years ago (based on what I've read)...there was some utterly lovely people who were super firendly...but far to many ignorant gangs of middle class chavs who couldn't handle their pills and all very me me me. Amazed me, a festival could be more middle class/posh than Glastonbury! :P (Saying that it was certaintly more diverse if you looked at race.)

Anyway enough moaning, stuff I did enjoy: Getting easily to the front of stages, all the rockabilly/swing/20s/30s DJs in the smaller venues and not just pounding dance music, THE DISCO BALL! Looked utterly amazing when lifted up. The Port is set out really well and that trek through Bollywood had some great food options (the chip van as you enter the Port field, done the best chips I've ever had at a festival!) plus Pyro, Gymnasts and lasers!, Reggae Roots was also awesome, bouncing everytime I went past. The fact even though I was in Pink camping it took only 20 minutes including getting through the search barrier to the main stage! and the fact the Big Top had great acts on after the Headliners, bit tricky to get in for Basement Jaxx but I liked the idea and had a great time!

Also the weather, was utterly brilliant, maybe a tad to humid and sweaty but it was even warm at night (apart from Saturday I think and late late on Sunday?)

Its not replaced Glastonbury as a true love but I'd go again if the line up suited me, but by car and maybe stay on the IoW the night before/after.

PS. Blimey its a hilly site to isn't it? Many many hills of death!

Edited by LondonTom