Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

We booked Sziget fairly last minute so really not to sure when bands were announced. I wouldn't expect much at all before the new year to be honest, but others on here are probably in a better position to comment on that?

I guess they will want a big name to be announced sooner rather than later to stir some interest up!

Once the new year arrives I would imagine a steady trickle of bands will be confirmed in the months leading up to the festival, You wont find out what bands are playing what days until a few weeks before the festival actually starts by which time the ticket prices will probably have increased and you'll be kicking yourself you didn't buy the tickets while they were on a early bird offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully ! .Is it to early to start a wish list.? I would like to see.....Arctic monkeys, Kings of Leon, Manics,Daughter,Bob Mould, The Cure, Crystal fighters,Alt j,Aluna george, camera Obsura,Frank turner,Mazzy star,Phoenix, Yuck.. Chvrches.. MBV. Pixes Any of those would do me.

Strongly considering going to Sziget next year alongside to the usual Glastonbury trip (depending on being bang on the resale!)

Couple of questions for you guys who have been before,

whats the night time scene like? a lot going on after the bands have finished? organised or people making their own fun?

Also from those who have done it what are the pros and cons of hotel vs tent, I would normally 100% push for tent but thought I'd get a view.

cheers!

I'm guessing that the first announcement will be something along the lines of Kings of Leon or Arctic Monkeys - neither of whom, on their own, would be enough to persuade me to buy a ticket. If they announced something like The Pixies, on the other hand, I might sit up and take note - can't see it somehow though, although I could be proved wrong ......

The Pixies would be great!! Looking at bands who may have albums out next year include Limp Biscuit, Blondie ,Ed Sheeran, Example , Metalica ,Lilly Allen , Iron Maiden , Judus Priest, Offspring, Soundgarden , No Doubt, Grouplove, Linkin Park , Elbow and The Strokes.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Depeche Mode are just known (thought?) to be doing festivals next summer. I dont think they did many this time around, just their own stadium shows.

You should give it a try, there's lot of ways it can be improved, but Sziget is awesome.

I thought there were no plans after March for depeche mode?

I think Depeche Mode are just known (thought?) to be doing festivals next summer. I dont think they did many this time around, just their own stadium shows.

You should give it a try, there's lot of ways it can be improved, but Sziget is awesome.

Hm, I won't hold my breath for them, then.

I'm going either way! Me and my mates just bought our tickets online!