Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

I think i'll be going to Sziget this year as it looks like i'll have a great time no matter what the lineup is.

For people who have been to Sziget before and also to a few other european festivals; if you took the lineup out of the festival would you say that Sziget has the most going for it? Or have you been to another festival with more going on/better atmosphere?

What do people make of the festival being moved back a week? It now clashes with the two main festivals in Holland, Lowlands and Pukklepop. Seems a strange decision as their main audience outside of Hungary is the Dutch. They said that by moving the festival back a week the lineup will be better due to bands being at other festivals around the world during the previous week. I guess they must be fairly sure that the lineup will be improved next year to compensate for this.

I think i'll be going to Sziget this year as it looks like i'll have a great time no matter what the lineup is.

For people who have been to Sziget before and also to a few other european festivals; if you took the lineup out of the festival would you say that Sziget has the most going for it? Or have you been to another festival with more going on/better atmosphere?

What do people make of the festival being moved back a week? It now clashes with the two main festivals in Holland, Lowlands and Pukklepop. Seems a strange decision as their main audience outside of Hungary is the Dutch. They said that by moving the festival back a week the lineup will be better due to bands being at other festivals around the world during the previous week. I guess they must be fairly sure that the lineup will be improved next year to compensate for this.

I have been to Sziget. I have also been to Hurricane in germany and Benicassim and I would say both had a far better atmosphere than Sziget.

they have so much quirky, nice little touches there. the setting is really cool but it is pretty expensive ( apart from the local beer whiuch is rank and is the only cheap drink there) and the place is just a bit dull.

most people there are dutch and whilst we had a great time with a cool group, the atmosphere wasn't as friendly and party-like as beni was.

Budapest is awesome though and if you go to sziget i recommend staying in budapest for a few days and going to the spa party .... WOW!

But unfortunately, after we left budapest to head to sziget, whilst we had a good time at , it wasn't what we expected and we preffereed the city.

Pearl Jam and Queens Of The Stone Age would be welcome! Not sure whether Sziget will be that rock orientated this year or whether they're going to move more towards the dance side of things seen this year with Guetta and the like. Hopefully they have a good rock offering.

I would love the Depeche Mode rumour to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

Arcade Fire would be good, Arctic Monkeys and Metallica will be everywhere next year so they could crop up.

I think they will have at least one big dance act though... Calvin Harris? Avicii?

hope that it will be mostly rock festival

by the way there is a rumor for Reading & Leeds festival that maybe AC DC will play

that will be amazing

Edit: bad annoncement for Reading & Leeds (Blink 182 as an Headliner??) hope that none of those bands will be in Sziget

Edited by amfest12

I have a nasty feeling that Sziget is trying to become more of a dance orientated festival, although I, personally, would love to see more rock in the line up! My gut feeling is that the first headliner announced will be something along the lines of Arctic Monkeys or maybe Kasabian.

Pearl Jam and Queens Of The Stone Age would be welcome! Not sure whether Sziget will be that rock orientated this year or whether they're going to move more towards the dance side of things seen this year with Guetta and the like. Hopefully they have a good rock offering.

I would love the Depeche Mode rumour to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

Arcade Fire would be good, Arctic Monkeys and Metallica will be everywhere next year so they could crop up.

I think they will have at least one big dance act though... Calvin Harris? Avicii?

Arcade Fire are in the US at the time of Sziget.

I actually think Pearl Jam is a good shout. Not that I would be particularly bothered.

Main stage will primarily be rock/indie orientated. As will the A-38 during the day pre 2300 hours.

I'd take Kasabian over a completely dance orientated line up - but then I wouldn't go out of my way to experience either.

I've been to Sziget for 5 years in a row and last year I went to Pukkelpop too. Sziget is so much better. Better place, better weather, better atmosphere, better services, cleaner toilets, cheaper prices and more multiethnic audience. What I spent for a week @ Sziget for drinkin and eatin was just the same that I spent for 3 days @ Pukkelpop. ;) (ex. a 0,5l beer at Sziget costs 2,1€ while a 0,25 beer at Pukkelpop 5€)