Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

Isn't the camping opening on saturday? And yes you can only buy those tickets at the island.

About the bag, well does the suitcase have wheels? Doesn't really matter since its probably gonna be in your tent for the whole week.

Should I take a backpack to Sziget or could I get away with taking a suitcase?

Also, do I have to wait until i arrive on Friday 8th to by an extended pass to get into the festival? I can't see an option to buy one on the website at the minute.

I'd be more inclined to take a backpack than a suitcase. We're staying in a caravan in the VIP too and from what I saw on the map that they had on Facebook last week, it looked like a fairly long walk from the main entrance to the VIP campsite. Not sure I'd fancy dragging a suitcase too far, but I guess it depends a bit on how big and heavy it is.

Hey people, I'm sorry if i'm going to be another boring first timer asking questions. Also i'm glad to see there are some more Scottish people going (as i'm Scottish)! So here we go:

1) I've been to T in the Park for the last 4 years and as with all British festivals there are a considerable number of d*ckheads who usually end up ruining someone's day, is this the case as well at Sziget or is it a lot more civilised?

2) Due to work commitments I am arriving two days late :( according to the SEE twitter page this is no problem and i'll get into the campsite at any time, can anyone confirm thie please?

3) What's the regulations with alcohol? Is it expensive? Do they allow you to take it from the campsite into the arena?

4) I've looked up transport links from the airport to the festival site and it seems as if it's all sold out (also remember i'm arriving two days late) i'm wondering what is the best way to get from the airport to the festival site? Trip advisor says the taxis are quite dodgy and yuo shouldn't trust a taxi, is this true?

Sorry to bombard you with questions and thank you for your time.

It's predominantly Dutch.

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) For the most part, no. No distinction between campsites and arenas but you can't take booze in.

3) Get a Citypass and jump on the bus at the Airport. Or jump on a bus to Kispest, then underground to Deak Ferenc, then Underground to Batthany, then a train to Filatoriagat.

Once you get to Batthany, just follow everyone else.

Edited by Uncle Liam

Still a gap between Klaxons and Laidback Luke on the A38/Friday. Do they usualy have gaps in the lineup like this or could there still be someone to announce?

Looks like it's Sandro Silva. I've not heard of him but I recognise his track 'Epic'.

Bio: Sandro Silva is one of Holland’s most promising new production talents. He is known for his broad, energetic sound that is so perfectly combined with … (more) a musical depth acquired by his years of piano study. Starting his career in dance in 2006 at the age of 15 (!), Sandro Silva has already released tracks on Tiger Records, Spinnin’ Records and Laidback Luke’s Mixmash label.

It is through Laidback Luke’s coaching and support, that Sandro was able to develop his DJ and producing skills at such a rapid pace. His talent has certainly not gone unnoticed by some of the biggest, most accomplished artists in the scene: His release, ‘Prom Night’ was featured as an Essential Choice on Pete Tong’s BBC radio show. Even the biggest DJ of our time, Tiësto, has personally expressed his recognition and support of Sandro’s talent!

Sandro continues to experiment with new sounds and genres – keeping his sound fresh and innovative. He is in the producing flow. Locking himself away daily in the studio has resulted in a number of exciting tracks ready for release in 2010.That includes the massive debut release on Dim Mak Records, “Told Ya & Blaze” EP out May 25th. The release includes the single “Told Ya” with a remix by Apster which has already gotten love and support from Steve Aoki, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Bingo Players, and Sidney Samson….

Edited by payneruk

It's predominantly Dutch.

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) For the most part, no. No distinction between campsites and arenas but you can't take booze in.

3) Get a Citypass and jump on the bus at the Airport. Or jump on a bus to Kispest, then underground to Deak Ferenc, then Underground to Batthany, then a train to Filatoriagat.

Once you get to Batthany, just follow everyone else.

My friend has broken his leg! im selling his ticket on ebay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171403198040?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

its a nightmare, im flying solo! has anyone been on their own before, if so how did you find it?

Hi

I went on my own last year and had a great time. Great vibe, really friendly and chilled atmosphere, loads to do and so I defo wouldn't let travelling solo put you off in any way.

Have a great time !

Hey guys :)

I have never attended sziget before and I have a few questions. I've won a one day ticket and I chose to come on thursday. I would really love to stay for longer but unfortunatelly I dont have money to buy tickets for other days. With my one day ticket, I should leave the area until friday, 8:00 am. Do you think there is any chance I could stay at least one day longer and not to be caught? How often do they check the wristbands, are there security guys checking it often while walking at the area or are they controlling it only on entry?

My one day ticket also doesnt allow me to camp there, do you think I might sneak in to the camping or are they strict with that?

I have already attended a few european festivals and I always saw some lost wristbands on the ground. I hope I will find one and be able to put it on my hand and stay until saturday.

I dont want to offend anyone and I know its quite rude wanting to stay there without paying, but I am just being honest and I would really want to buy a ticket but unfortunately i dont have money :(

Thanks for any experiences and opinions :)

They are checking the wristbands often while walking through the area! And they are not easy to take off, I've never seen a lost usable wristband. I think you should stay just until the next morning. Don't be desperate, when I was at Sziget for the first time I also had a one day ticket and it was quite enough to make it unforgettable :-)

Do you think there is any chance I could stay at least one day longer and not to be caught? How often do they check the wristbands, are there security guys checking it often while walking at the area or are they controlling it only on entry?

My one day ticket also doesnt allow me to camp there, do you think I might sneak in to the camping or are they strict with that?

There are random wristband control checks on all major paths between stages and during the mornings at campsites. Especially when you're moving around, you will be caught eventually.

Should I take a backpack to Sziget or could I get away with taking a suitcase?

Also, do I have to wait until i arrive on Friday 8th to by an extended pass to get into the festival? I can't see an option to buy one on the website at the minute.

Backpack. I've never seen anyone with a suitcase at a festival not regret it.

Isn't the camping opening on saturday? And yes you can only buy those tickets at the island.

About the bag, well does the suitcase have wheels? Doesn't really matter since its probably gonna be in your tent for the whole week.

Camping usually opens Friday evening / Saturday morning. For the Sat and Sun nights you need to purchase an extra wristband to camp, this usually works out to €10 and €15 respectively.

Update in the schedule, there is no longer a clash between Deadmaus and Bloody Beetroots.

Also for what its worth, I'm selling 2 siesta camping ticket upgrades since we opted to stay in a hostel now. PM me if interested.

• Upvote 1

Update in the schedule, there is no longer a clash between Deadmaus and Bloody Beetroots.

Also for what its worth, I'm selling 2 siesta camping ticket upgrades since we opted to stay in a hostel now. PM me if interested.

Thats awesome news! :) I'll update Clashfinder

How did you find out BTW?

• Upvote 1

Is the food sold inside the festival site expensive?

From looking at google maps I can that there is a tesco near by, wondering if I should just go there instead of paying a ridiculous amount at the festival

I've heard it's only £3 a meal inside the festival?!

To you guys who've been before, how strict are they with checking the name on the ticket? It says my name on the second ticket and was just thinking about photoshopping the buyers name onto the ticket, do you think this will work?

I'd be more inclined to take a backpack than a suitcase. We're staying in a caravan in the VIP too and from what I saw on the map that they had on Facebook last week, it looked like a fairly long walk from the main entrance to the VIP campsite. Not sure I'd fancy dragging a suitcase too far, but I guess it depends a bit on how big and heavy it is.

Ok, I'm definitely taking a backpack. Just the decision of which one to buy now!

This time next week, eeek!!! Thanks, enjoy the caravan. I hope they'll be ok :)