Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

A lot! For Skrillex if he's not on the main stage he would be on the Party Arena I think.

New hint: Sziget Italia shared the new (and first) album of Skrillex, saying that he will be in Sziget between the 13th and the 16th!

For me it's easy to understand: They will try to book another headliner but if they fail Skrillex will be one. Or it will be Lily Allen unfortunately but i hope no!

I did think it was odd that Frequency had managed to get so many big bands on the same day... Makes sense that they just haven't formatted the website properly yet.

Skrillex as a 2nd stage headliner then, or playing after the main headliner?

How many stages are there at Sziget?

there is the Main stage , 2 big tents (capacity: 10000-12000 ) the world stage and a lot of smaller stages (hungarian, blues, gypsy...) !

A lot! For Skrillex if he's not on the main stage he would be on the Party Arena I think.

New hint: Sziget Italia shared the new (and first) album of Skrillex, saying that he will be in Sziget between the 13th and the 16th!

For me it's easy to understand: They will try to book another headliner but if they fail Skrillex will be one. Or it will be Lily Allen unfortunately but i hope no!

I think you're right !

Maybe Skrillex is more likely to play in the A38 (at 1am or something like that) as i think it was the biggest tent last year (bigger than the arena party)

who can be the last headliner ? Blink 182? The National ? or a band who doesn't have announced dates yet for this week ?

I think Portishead could sub on wednesday or thursday ( they are already booked for friday, saturday and sunday ).

Could OutKast sub Calvin Harris on Sunday ? they are probably too big for this slot but as Calvin is a "end show", maybe they want to book a big artist before him like Franz Ferdinand last year which could easily headline a festival like Sziget !

Why would they stick Skrillex in an arena in which he could probably fill twice over?

He's near the top of the names on the list. On the same level as Calvin Harris.

Let's face it, the chances are he's headlining the mainstage. If not, second from top at worst.

EDIT: Having said all that, Chase and Status were on in the Party Tent last year. I think having three dance headliners (Prodigy, Calvin Harris and Skrillex) is too much, especially when you have Mackelmore on there as well.

Anything is possible I guess.

Edited by Uncle Liam

Why would they stick Skrillex in an arena in which he could probably fill twice over?

He's near the top of the names on the list. On the same level as Calvin Harris.

Let's face it, the chances are he's headlining the mainstage. If not, second from top at worst.

EDIT: Having said all that, Chase and Status were on in the Party Tent last year. I think having three dance headliners (Prodigy, Calvin Harris and Skrillex) is too much, especially when you have Mackelmore on there as well.

Anything is possible I guess.

Whether you like him or not, Shrillex is massive at the moment. The festival organisers would be daft not to put him on main stage.

Regarding the amount of dance headliners, I think that this is the direction that the organisers want to steer the festival in. They're gotten rid of the heavy metal stage, seriously reduced the amount of 'rock' music, while making a big deal out of djs and dance music. My guess is they see the future of Sziget as a big dance party. (It's all a bit immaterial to me, anyway, as it's not looking like I'm going to be allowed time off work during August :( )

Thinking of going to Sziget this year from Ireland and have a few questions

1) Is the music on for the full 7 days or just 5?

2) If the festival starts on Monday 11th, what day will the first night of music be?

3) How are people from the UK/Ireland getting there? Flying straight into Budapest or travelling through Poland or Germany?

4) How cheap is a pint of beer in Budapest and how much would it be in the festival?

5) Is drink easy to bring into the campsite?

6) Any other useful tips?

Thinking of going to Sziget this year from Ireland and have a few questions

1) Is the music on for the full 7 days or just 5?

2) If the festival starts on Monday 11th, what day will the first night of music be?

3) How are people from the UK/Ireland getting there? Flying straight into Budapest or travelling through Poland or Germany?

4) How cheap is a pint of beer in Budapest and how much would it be in the festival?

5) Is drink easy to bring into the campsite?

6) Any other useful tips?

1) 7

2) MOnday

3) Flying from Manchester to Budapest. Coming back via Prague.

4) About €2.50

5) No

6) It's hot, dry, and dusty.

We already know about Imagine Dragons. It was on my schedule, probably announced with the name. Two great bands, the day 0 and day 1 will be good! I think that now they are focused on the art and activities but we can guess some names with the announcements around.

still hoping for good names and didn't get tickets yet but I have few questions:

*the last day of the festival (18/8) is also the day everyone need to leave the site which means there are no shows on that day? or is it the next day?

* I was looking at accommodation page on the website and wanted to know if anyone try anything from there insted of the regular camping? if so how is it and is it worth the extra money? (mostly Apero & Alternativa which there is no need to upgrade to VIP ticket)

* I understand that there was a metal stage which cancelled but is there any expection of any metal or hard rock bands? if so how many? saw that Bad Religion, Enter Shikary and few more was playing last year

so what are the chances to see bands like Opeth, Devin Townsend Project, Down, Crowbar and more which are all in Europe during Sziget week?

tnx

Edited by amfest12

Hi, this will be my first time going to Sziget. I'm going alone and I was wondering if anyone here is looking for a partner? I don't mind going to some acts alone but I would like to meet new people so I dont have to be all alone :D

Btw if anyone has some useful tips other than those already listed, share them with me :)

I don't remember where i read it but someone said that there's a camping spot (probably non-official) for people who are going alone?

I might be alone if my friends don't get their visa for example and I don't know if I should go or not in that case.

still hoping for good names and didn't get tickets yet but I have few questions:

*the last day of the festival (18/8) is also the day everyone need to leave the site which means there are no shows on that day? or is it the next day?

* I was looking at accommodation page on the website and wanted to know if anyone try anything from there insted of the regular camping? if so how is it and is it worth the extra money? (mostly Apero & Alternativa which there is no need to upgrade to VIP ticket)

* I understand that there was a metal stage which cancelled but is there any expection of any metal or hard rock bands? if so how many? saw that Bad Religion, Enter Shikary and few more was playing last year

so what are the chances to see bands like Opeth, Devin Townsend Project, Down, Crowbar and more which are all in Europe during Sziget week?

tnx

You leave on the Monday.

There is a VIP area which costs 100Euro extra and you get showers, lockers, wi-fi, a bar etc.

Bad Religion played last year, Enter Shikari have done the last two Szigets I think. I'm not into metal so I really don't know.

Hi everyone. A friend and I are thinking of going to Sziget for the first time this year, having only been to T in the Park and Rockness before. Read through most of this forum to learn some stuff, but still a bit confused on some fronts.

- I still can't get my head around the whole Day -1 and Day 0, and which act is headlining on which day.

- If we arrive on the evening of Sunday the 10th, can we get in to the campsite?

- Do we vacate the campsite on Monday the 18th, or Tuesday the 19th?

Were are you flying from, we fly from Edinburgh.

You leave on the Monday.

There is a VIP area which costs 100Euro extra and you get showers, lockers, wi-fi, a bar etc.

Bad Religion played last year, Enter Shikari have done the last two Szigets I think. I'm not into metal so I really don't know.

I wouldn't hold your breath, regarding the metal. Metal at Sziget has been on the decline for the past few years ....