Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

That's quite satisfying to hear, was kind of disappointed in a selfish way when I heard they might headline, potentially taking a spot off a personal favourite band!

Still really excited to see who the other headliners are. Really wont be surprised if Prodigy, Arctic Monkeys, Skrilliex (party arena?) or blink 182. they all seem to be actively festival touring throughout July-august around Europe.

Do Sziget still do the Metal Stage? Motorhead, Slayer, Mastadon, Gojira, Limp Bizkit even, getting announced for festivals...

I'd be very surprised to see much, if any, metal at Sziget this year - it seems to be something that the festival is keen on moving away from ...

Kind of a shame really, what really caught my eye about this festival a few years back was the diversity. Remember Deftones, Korn, Motorhead and Ministry being a previous line ups.

Don't get me wrong, still looks like the best summer festival ive heard of as of yet, but il be a little gutted if there isn't any metal or punk on the line up. But hey im there for the overall festival fun, not just a few bands I like!

festival lineups last year were terrible, from the headliners going around this year i feel its vastly improved. fingers crossed for kanye west. i didnt bother buying a wireless ticket.

Disagree, The Rock/Metal festivals had some incredible line ups last year. Download 2013 had the best line up ive experienced was an amazing weekend. Granted that the pop fests had pretty poor line ups

Yep, I'd agree - there were some great line ups last year! This year the line ups, so far, are looking no where near as strong imo.

Looking around other festival line-ups, I noticed a few "non-headliner-but-good" bands that are playing lots of gigs next summer and are free during the Sziget week:

Chvrches, The 1975, Daughter, The Bloody Beetroots, The Wombats, Wild Beasts, Peace.

A question for hardcore Sziget fans: is it possible that a band could play Sziget for two years in a row?

Hello everyone, i'm going to sziget this year, so im reading along if that is oke.

Booked our tickets, flights and appartment.

Decided on having a city break 1st staying in an appartment and then moving to a hostel for the festival.

Just got to book the hostel now. Can anyone recomend one?

I'm arriving two days earlier. In this time I'm staying in Rainbow Hostel. It looks nice and it is very cheap. But it is the first time i'm staying there so i cannot tell you if it is as nice

Does anyone have some ideas/recommendations for activities, restaurants etc?

Last year we rented a apartment on the Buda side of the city and we found some great places to eat and drink that were "local" not at all touristy so the prices were much lower than in the more well known parts of the city.So my advise would be to take tram 4 or 6 towards the Buda side and get of when you see the "Mammoth" shopping centre then take a look around this area.

Weighing up Sziget after having a fantastic time in 2012. I was quite disappointed to miss Blur last year, but The Stone Roses show in 2012 was incredible.

I imagine White Lies will be strong contenders to headline after doing so in 2011, then potentially Kasabian who played in 2010 and 2011.

I also look forward to seeing Placebo who were very good in 2012, the new album isn't bad either, although there were a few hits missing last time if I recall (Nancy Boy even?)

Thanks Daz-Riggers and ilbeyene for your responses to my earlier post. I have booked my ticket and am looking forward to Sziget in August!

I saw this on their official Sziget page:

"Want to know the winners of our xmas game? Everything will be revealed this Friday and what we know for sure is that there are not 3, but 9 winners! Stay tuned!"

They had something called the 'wishlist' on their website that was put on there around xmas. Does anyone know if this is this what they are talking about? Can we expect to see 9 new names tomorrow?

Edited by Nick123