Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

I rather suspect they'll have learnt lessons from David Guetta. That slot was a disaster and everyone knows it!

You can't really talk about the 'David Guetta' slot because the year before it was 'The Killers slot' (by far the biggest act at the festival that year) and the year before it was the 'White Lies' slot and so on and so forth.

He could be on even earlier, Dizzee Rascal was on early evening!

The Sziget website says Calvin Harris will headline the last day "this year is a flood light and fireworks, that is, last year was a great success "End Show" to close the island.The stars provide a spectacular closing event of this year, the organizers of the "mainstream electronic music universe," one of the biggest names, Calvin Harris was hired."

The Sziget website says Calvin Harris will headline the last day "this year is a flood light and fireworks, that is, last year was a great success "End Show" to close the island.The stars provide a spectacular closing event of this year, the organizers of the "mainstream electronic music universe," one of the biggest names, Calvin Harris was hired."

Really? Well bugger me.

Spectacular closing? LOL. it was crap and Guetta was complaining about the crowd! Did they not see that bit.

Oh well, lets hope they get more than a big standard straight out of the supermarket bag of Fireworks, eh?

QOTSA are playing day 0, on tuesday 12th according to sziget Italia and nederland ! So still 4 headliners to confirm (or 3 if calvin is a headliner).

Possibly. Doing Frequency AND Grosspoesna during Sziget week, but Frequency isn't that far away so could start there.

Wish it was like Reading and Leeds where the announce the day splits straight away.

What was so bad about the Guetta set BTW?

The crowd was really small.

There was no atmosphere. People were just stood there kind of watching on.

The light show was about 1/100th as good as The Killers the year before.

He had a go at the crowd for not dancing.

The fireworks were really shit. It was hyped up for months as "End Party with David Guetta." When you got there and looked at the lineup, Guetta was on at 2130, and the "End Party" started at 2230, and in reality started about ten minutes after. It had about six fireworks, seemingly straight out of a supermarket, they blasted some flames from the top of the stage for a minute.

I was stood at the back with my Dutch mates and not one of us gave a shit.

Should've gone to watch Tame Impala...

Could you post the link please?

Right, Sziget Italia admins "confessed" it! They told me they weren't allowed yet to share it. The fact is that no one knows it, cause on the international site szigetfestival.com and on facebook pages nothing is reported! I guess we will have some heavy criticism again as happened with David Guetta last year...

I actually find it quite difficult to believe that Sziget have booked another dj firework party main stage 'headliner' after the reaction from last year! Feels like they're determined to force the idea onto festival goers, whether they want it or not! It looks to me like they're either trying to mould the format of the festival in a particular way or they have financial constraints (or both), and it doesn't really give me much confidence regarding the rest of the festival line up.