Arctic Monkeys

Guest dentalplan

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they have a good sub if they play, as anyone wanting a decent spot's gonna have to watch them, unless they stick someone good but unpopular below them.

Worst case scenario is a shit but popular act like The Vaccines or Pendulum subbing them. Although, Pendulum below them with Disclosure on the NME would probably guarantee a fair amount of people leaving after them.

Listening to the album now, up to Fireside. I think it's great so far.

Personally I feel like Arctic Monkeys have stagnated somewhat. It's like they're really beginning to run out of ideas, I'd say AM is on a par with SIAS, songs like Mad Sounds and Love is a laser quest aren't too dissimilar. Idk, it was an underwhelming listen, but yeah, decent.

Well. I thought it was excellent. Starts out like a proper rock album, drifts through the SIAS 60's ballads into some funky R&B. A lot of variety for an LP.

I don't want to place it yet as a recurring thing with Arctics albums is that they develop over time, Humbug for better and Whatever for worse. It's up there with the top ones though.

I'm still wondering why they put R U Mine? on there. Had it been new, people would've been frothing at the mouth, but its like 18 months old now?

I can't really criticise anything else though, there were a couple of songs I wasn't too keen on first listen (One For The Road & Fireside), but they've grown on me. I think the variety in sounds is fantastic.