Arctic Monkeys

Guest dentalplan

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I thought the album was pretty good. I really enjoy Do I wanna Know?, R U Mine?, Arabella, I Want it All, Fireside and Knee Socks. The rest was pretty decent, with the exception of Snap Out of It, which might possibly be my least favourite Arctic Monkeys track to date. A solid 7/10 though, pretty good music, nothing astonishing.

I hope they have a good sub if they play, as anyone wanting a decent spot's gonna have to watch them, unless they stick someone good but unpopular below them.

Worst case scenario is a shit but popular act like The Vaccines or Pendulum subbing them. Although, Pendulum below them with Disclosure on the NME would probably guarantee a fair amount of people leaving after them.

Listening to the album now, up to Fireside. I think it's great so far.

I'd give it a 7/10 too. R U Mine, Knee Socks, Mad Sounds and Arabella are the stand outs for me. Do I Wanna Know, No 1 Party Anthem, Fireside and Snap Out Of It are all really good. The remaining tracks are okay, but nothing speical, bar High and I Wanna Be Yours, the first I think is quite shit, and the second is a bit lackluster.

They've really gone a bit over the top with the falsettos imo. They make every track sound incredibly similar. And the drumming isn't particularly interesting.

Need to listen to it through a couple more times though, to the point where I can distinguish between tracks like Snap Out Of It, I Want It All, One For The Road etc.