• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

A friend of mine bought this CD yesterday (Don't Ask) When were The Dandy Warhols, Hole and Marilyn Manson Pop-Punk?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Dirtbags-Various-Artists/dp/B00DYQLETI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377690426&sr=8-1&keywords=Teenage+Dirtbags

qotsa? Papa Roach? Huh? 0_0

A friend of mine bought this CD yesterday (Don't Ask) When were The Dandy Warhols, Hole and Marilyn Manson Pop-Punk?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teenage-Dirtbags-Various-Artists/dp/B00DYQLETI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377690426&sr=8-1&keywords=Teenage+Dirtbags

I feel bad that I really want to listen to this. But yeah, only like a third of that is pop punk.

I basically made that CD in to a playlist on Spotify & it's the single best thing I've ever taken to a party

At this moment I'd go for

Arcade Fire, The Prodigy and Metallica.

I was going to use The Vaccines but with The Prodigy likely to hit V next year I can't see them not doing R&L the following. This does hinge on though The Prodigy defo being a header at at least V and Metallica being ready to tour.

At this moment I'd go for

Arcade Fire, The Prodigy and Metallica.

I was going to use The Vaccines but with The Prodigy likely to hit V next year I can't see them not doing R&L the following. This does hinge on though The Prodigy defo being a header at at least V and Metallica being ready to tour.

I'd be astounded if The Prodigy headline V. They could conceivably headline R+L but not V/T/Glasto now.

I considered Arcade Fire but decided against it as they don't appear to be at Glastonbury next year so I think they'll do it in 2015.

I'd be astounded if The Prodigy headline V. They could conceivably headline R+L but not V/T/Glasto now.

I considered Arcade Fire but decided against it as they don't appear to be at Glastonbury next year so I think they'll do it in 2015.

The thing is with AF, no one evens knows if Win still has his reservations about it. What we do know enough is that they have a new album coming out and weren't 1 of the 3 names that Glasto even wanted.

Not saying defo by any means but I wouldn't be shocked if they passed by Glasto and hit Bestival then onto R&L.

I was going to add the The Prodigy thing but scrap that, while we're in here:

Arcade Fire, Blur, Metallica

30 STM and The Prodigy with an indie based sub too.

Source for this? Otherwise I'm calling you out on this one (not trying to be mean or an arse but seriously, There is no evidence or even any realistic speculative theory which supports this at all).

There's no evidence for arctic monkeys headlining reading but people are as convinced.

I

There's no evidence for arctic monkeys headlining reading but people are as convinced.

I

I'm going to throw it out there that I overheard a steward talking about how he heard a security guard talk about how two suits were talking about how Bono will be opening the NME tent next year doing a set filled with Bowie covers, all done on just a bass guitar. And if you look at the trends in festivals around the UK and Chile, it seems pretty likely, don't you think? ;)

I'm going to throw it out there that I overheard a steward talking about how he heard a security guard talk about how two suits were talking about how Bono will be opening the NME tent next year doing a set filled with Bowie covers, all done on just a bass guitar. And if you look at the trends in festivals around the UK and Chile, it seems pretty likely, don't you think? ;)

Well more likely than arctic monkeys being good live.

Source for this? Otherwise I'm calling you out on this one (not trying to be mean or an arse but seriously, There is no evidence or even any realistic speculative theory which supports this at all).

a bit silly babyquack. It clearly was mean't to be that I think they're likely and I'm not alone. next year with a new album and will be 4 years since they last played V. There was a 3 and then 2 year gap between 3 shows there. I think R&L had a gap of 7 years between the 2009 show and previous.

But the size of the gap means nothing as long as there is a reasonable sized gap there! You look into trends way too much mate - take things how they look, and it looks pretty clear that The Prodigy, with a new album coming out, will play at least 1 festival. Now whether this be V, where they haven't played in 4 years, or Reading and Leeds, where they haven't played in 5 years, we cannot be sure and it'll probably end up with whoever pays them more but as I've said, you cannot go around saying they're a sure fire bet for V next year when that's based on nothing but a hunch. You can go around saying they're a possibility for V, which is true, but you're making bold statements mate

EDIT: I apologise as re-reading this seems like I'm having a proper go at you and I'm sorry that its come across like that, I for one don't come on these boards to strike up arguments (and I'm sure neither do you!) but I get a little annoyed when people say things are near definite when they're really not

Edited by Babyquack

What thewayiam probably means instead is that Luckysalt said yesterday that The Prodigy look likely for V Festival. We tend to believe what he says here because of him picking up some decent bits of info in the past that turned out to be true. The thing about gaps and patterns was just a way of making it look like something thewayiam worked out himself.