Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

'Must be getting desperate'

'At least it's not the lost prophets' (In fairness, that was a good 'un :P)

'Who?'

'They really are taking the piss now'

'Oh... fingers crossed for the Other Stage'

'Please don't book Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds again'

This is what the festival has become.

Says more about people who still use Facebook as their social media of choice.

• Upvote 1

Could certainly name more prince songs than led zep, the man has been churning out hits for 30 years

Maybe he doesn't have more hits, but Prince be electrifying by comparison. Certainly more so than a sluggish Zeppelin churning out down-tuned versions of the hits with Robert Plant audibly straining to hit the high notes over the top.

Normal person

Ready to start

Joan of arc

Keep the car running

No cars go

Haiti

Laika

The suburbs

We exist

It's never over

Intervention

Power out

Rebellion

Sprawl II

Afterlife

Month of May

Here comes the night time

Reflektor

Tunnels

Wake up

Kindof half realistic, half What I want them to play. Would love them to chuck in the backseat or crown of love in though or even some rare track(s) from neon bible i.e black wave, very unlikely though

Whoever is slating this booking is a fucking cretin. Whether you're a fan or not, they ARE one of the biggest current bands in the world right now.

I do appreciate some people may chose to be elsewhere if this isn't to their taste by the way, but for anyone's money this is a top top booking for Glasto. Well done the Eavii!

Normal person

Ready to start

Joan of arc

Keep the car running

No cars go

Haiti

Laika

The suburbs

We exist

It's never over

Intervention

Power out

Rebellion

Sprawl II

Afterlife

Month of May

Here comes the night time

Reflektor

Tunnels

Wake up

Kindof half realistic, half What I want them to play. Would love them to chuck in the backseat or crown of love in though or even some rare track(s) from neon bible i.e black wave, very unlikely though

*nods* decent shout this mate.

This made me lose my shit in the Glasto comments because the are so many ignorant people in there who ultimately judge without any basis to judge with, completely clueless to the fact Arcade Fire are indeed a popular band... just not popular in the sense the British music scene is trying to shove them down their throats.... completely against the idea of band from this decade to headline a music festival trying to push contemporary arts.

The kind of people who are clearly wishing to go to Glastonbury and sit exclusively at the Pyramid stage so they can say to their friends that they too went to Glastonbury and are part of the 'trendy' crowd, the sort of person that doesn't give two shits about the arts and other peoples enjoyment and assume that Glastonbury's Pyramid stage is just an extension of Wireless, V, T4 In The Beach and BBC's Big Day Out. A product to be consumed, a fashion accesory, and excuse for selfies whilst Jessie J plays the Pyramid Stage.

I'm not a big fan of Arcade Fire, though their live shows are certainly of headline caliber and are actually really damn good, and I am excited to see them there because I feel it'll be one of those 'moments'. One of those moments where one of those bands could be thrusted from the very edge of the mainstream into the mainstream and into the hearts of the nation as a whole as opposed just to people who actually follow music and for this reason alone 'Arcade Fire' is in actual fact the most exciting headline pick for years. They are poised at this very moment to become the next 'Pulp' or 'Muse' and of course people forget that at the time of headlining Glastonbury both of these respective bands were considered to be too small to headline Glastonbury.

To all those people bitching and moaning you should just say at home and watch the BBC one coverage and let people who are whiling to open their minds and explore the festival as opposed to having their entire festival dictated by the promoters of the main 2 stages. You guys can continue to grumble at home about how Oasis and Led Zeppelin would be more suitable and that Arcade Fire have no 'right' to headline and to that I simply say 'move on'. You don't have to watch them whilst you're there, in fact I encourage discovery more than feeling you have to sit threw the headliners, just don't poo poo the festival for not picking a rock dinosaur or a radio one darling.

Edited by Yesiamaduck
  • Upvote 5