Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

It wouldn't affect it at all, I was just under the impression they were similarly popular in the whole of western Europe, but obviously I was wrong

Nah, not as far as I'm aware.

It does intrigue me how some bands are more popular here compared in other places in Europe. Music is music right? Especially seeing as a lot of these countries will have good access to English/American (or Canadian in this case!) music anyway.

What really intrigues me though is how bands like Editors seem to get better festival slots in other parts of Western Europe, than in the UK...

The Pinkpop thing does seem odd as they're headlining the other European festivals that they're playing.

Some interesting points made elsewhere - they have shows on the Thursday and Friday so maybe Sunday was the only day they were willing to play (at no point are they doing three nights in a row on their tour) and that at Pinkpop the main and 3FM stages never clash so it's not as if they're going up against Metallica or the sub on that stage, which may have made it more appealing/acceptable.

QOTSA and Phoenix headlined that stage last year while also headlining the main stages at other festivals, I don't think it's seen as a 'second stage' in the same way that they are in this country. Still not the top band, but not the same as headlining the second stage at a UK festival.

Edited by mrtourette

Just thought, glasto is around the 10th anniversary of funeral, imagine if they played it in full. Probably more a dream than an actual possibility but I suppose muse did it with origin of symmetry at R+L..

as beautiful a thing as that would be, with a new(ish) album to promote (something Muse didn't have) i can't see it happening (tbh i'm still worrying about what, if any, Funeral songs are going to be cut from their sets now that they've got a whole bunch of new songs)

as beautiful a thing as that would be, with a new(ish) album to promote (something Muse didn't have) i can't see it happening (tbh i'm still

worrying about what, if any, Funeral songs are going to be cut from their sets now that they've got a whole bunch of new songs)

Yeh same, probably is wishful thinking but if they were going to do it can't think of a better occasion

Nah a full album show on the Pyramid just wouldn't work.......it needs to be all the hits, so we will end up with a couple less Reflektor tunes from what they are touring I guess replaced with any bigger hits they have had to drop.

Though if they wanted to do it for the Friday Earls Court gig...

I'm hoping they won't cut too much from Funeral and that The Suburbs will take most of the cuts. As long as they do Sprawl II from that album I don't care what else, although I guess Ready To Start is bound to come back.

yeah The Suburbs will obviously take the biggest hit cuts-wise. i reckon Ready To Start, Month Of May, We Used To Wait and Sprawl II are all the definites that will remain, along with Tunnels, Laika, Power Out, Wake Up and Rebellion (and maybe Haiti but if they have to cut any Funeral song, i hope it's that) from Funeral and Keep The Car Running, Intervention and No Cars Go from Neon Bible. that's just twelve songs, so a couple more from The Suburbs and the rest Reflektor. marvellous!

Edited by FloorFiller

I can do without Month of May, but I reckon you might be right. It looks this new version of My Body Is a Cage might be sticking around too, which is great. And they seem to really love Haiti (the song, although the country as well), I think we might see the back of something like Laika sadly

Neon Bible took a lot of cuts on the last tour. Personally I think My Body is a Cage is one of the worst things they've ever done.

i've always thought that was because they realised it was a weak(er) album and so kept the stand-out songs from it. can't say i've missed many of the songs from it being played live. think they'll keep four or five (or more) from The Suburbs, as it was a pretty damn successful album

and yeah i've never been the biggest fan of My Body Is A Cage. some of my friends champion it as one of their best. it's alright, but i'm not fussed about it being brought back live

Edited by FloorFiller

i've always thought that was because they realised it was a weak(er) album and so kept the stand-out songs from it. can't say i've missed many of the songs from it being played live. think they'll keep four or five (or more) from The Suburbs, as it was a pretty damn successful album

and yeah i've never been the biggest fan of My Body Is A Cage. some of my friends champion it as one of their best. it's alright, but i'm not fussed about it being brought back live

It's the one song I actively dislike. Find it so boring. But it seems hugely loved and the fact it got even a snippet on this tour means it's in at Glastonbury. I'd put in the backseat in ahead of it anyday

• Upvote 1

It's the one song I actively dislike. Find it so boring. But it seems hugely loved and the fact it got even a snippet on this tour means it's in at Glastonbury. I'd put in the backseat in ahead of it anyday

i'd put In The Backseat above most of the songs they no longer play. would absolutely love to see it live

yeah I love In the Backseat - would be great to see it live, although it's not gonna make the Glastonbury set. I imagine it will be greatest hits plus a couple of album tracks from Reflektor. And I have a massive soft spot for My Body is a Cage because it was the first song I heard by them, so I'm perfectly fine with it coming back.

black wave / ocean of noise / well and lighthouse / (atb) is probably my favourite run of AF songs besides the first 4 from funeral. love em all. then that run is followed by windowsill (sick), no cars go, and my body is a cage

I think NB is a brilliant album

Edited by Tuna

I reckon that my body is a cage is far batter than neon bible the song, that would be my song that I actively dislike, so dull and boring. And I'd love in the backseat back, far better than Haiti in terms of regine's songs IMO

yeah Neon Bible (song) is probably their worst one (although i often find myself singing it for reasons i don't know). and yeah In The Backseat is Regine's best song imo. so delicate yet so powerful

black wave / ocean of noise / well and lighthouse / (atb) is probably my favourite run of AF songs besides the first 4 from funeral. love em all. then that run is followed by windowsill (sick), no cars go, and my body is a cage

I think NB is a brilliant album

Neon Bible just doesn't quite do it for me (although i must admit it is severely under-listened by myself - so much so that i think i'm gonna give it a good few listens tomorrow). half of the songs are pretty damn special, but the other half... i honestly can't even remember how they go

They are very much into putting songs in a set that suit the gig/venue/occasion.

So this warmup tour has had lots of new songs, and a few old ones that fit into the Reflektors vibe.

Power Out has had a new steel drum intro, and the steel drum also replaces the xylophone part in that song. Haiti has the conga drums take a big role in it, and no longer has the "chaos" ending to it, but rather flows into the song after, or as when I was at Blackpool, ended with just the drummer and the percussionists playing the beat, to end the set. Wake Up was as it has ever been!

The My Body Is A Cage performances have been half of the song, with 3 members only, somewhere away from the stage proper, with a minimalist arrangement. It'll be interesting to see if they try to transfer that to big shows.

Sprawl II was somehow even more glorious than the last tour.

Got a feeling one of the Neon Bible songs that was MIA for the Suburbs tour will be brought out and transformed with the new live band.

I believe once the proper tour starts, the brass section from the Neon Bible tour will be back, along with Marika on viola. So that will make them a 13-piece outfit!