Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Ive seen Pixies play Phoenix Park before actually!

Fascinated to hear that there is an increase in shows for Dublin next year.

We did them last year, Phoenix Park, Longitude, Oxegen and EP.

Apparently there is 8 or 9 events this year! (though that could be single concerts included such as this AF one)

I've just noticed Rob Da Bank tweeted;

"@RobdaBank: lots of big festi announcements this week..but none from me/us @bestival hq so i can relax and watch everyone else get celebrated/slated :)"

This morning, I'm probably putting two and two together and getting 53, but whenever that ArcadeFireTube have tweeted some correct info before it became public it was only ever a few days - could we MAYBE get Arcade Fire officially announced?

"@RobdaBank: lots of big festi announcements this week..but none from me/us @bestival hq so i can relax and watch everyone else get celebrated/slated :)"

This morning, I'm probably putting two and two together and getting 53, but whenever that ArcadeFireTube have tweeted some correct info before it became public it was only ever a few days - could we MAYBE get Arcade Fire officially announced?

i think their info was based purely on them announcing that Irish show and nothing else. there's no way we'd get an announcement this early (i don't think, anyway, unless the organisers have realised that everybody's figured it out and thought 'fuck it')

i think their info was based purely on them announcing that Irish show and nothing else. there's no way we'd get an announcement this early (i don't think, anyway, unless the organisers have realised that everybody's figured it out and thought 'fuck it')

It's just wishful thinking on my part!

Off the top of my head, it's only been U2 announced before Xmas in recent years, and that was obvious it would be them.

Or was 2009 announced pre-Xmas? I'm sure I knew blur were headlining when we bought tickets?

Latitude and iow are due to announce this week

Reflektor's two discs definitely have different feelings to them.

Disagree with whoever said the quality of songs isn't as good as before, It's Never Over is rising ever higher in my list of favourite AF songs. It's superb.

And Here Come The Night Time is incendiary live!

Reflektor's two discs definitely have different feelings to them.

Disagree with whoever said the quality of songs isn't as good as before, It's Never Over is rising ever higher in my list of favourite AF songs. It's superb.

And Here Come The Night Time is incendiary live!

From what I've seen in comparison to the album itself, it seems most of the songs pack more in live (HCTNT for example I felt was weak on record, but looks amazing/hilarious live) Album length wise though its basically the same as most one disk albums

Behave yourself! ;)

Never going to happen. As Paul says, would be just too good. Also they mix up genres a bit more than that don't they usually?

yeah that's more like the kind of dream run you might get at reading really, was just getting carried away. As long as they're all there and not clashing I'll still be over the moon

There are a number of other festivals apart from Glastonbury out there.

Scheduled announcements for this week include IOW, Latitude and (apparently) Sonisphere so that's likely what he's referring to.

Say if AF are announced for IOW, any chance on them doing glasto too?

Don't tempt fate like that!

Afterlife keeps getting played on XFM lately....it gets me all excited whenever I hear it :D

The other Reflektor song i've grown to love is We Exist, wasn't one of my favorites at first but now...I think it's bloody brilliant!

Edited by LondonTom

Don't tempt fate like that!

Afterlife keeps getting played on XFM lately....it gets me all excited whenever I hear it :D

The other Reflektor song i've grown to love is We Exist, wasn't one of my favorites at first but now...I think it's bloody brilliant!

Not one of my album highlights, but when they played it live, it was tremendous

Apparently they're headlining the second stage at Pinkpop. Only seems to have hit Dutch news so far http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/entertainment/2013/12/ook-arcade-fire-naar-pinkpop

Don't know anything about Pinkpop and the way the stages relate to each other, but would it indeed be possible for them to headline Other at Glastonbury or is it just a case that they're slightly smaller on the continent?

Apparently they're headlining the second stage at Pinkpop. Only seems to have hit Dutch news so far http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/entertainment/2013/12/ook-arcade-fire-naar-pinkpop

Don't know anything about Pinkpop and the way the stages relate to each other, but would it indeed be possible for them to headline Other at Glastonbury or is it just a case that they're slightly smaller on the continent?

no way they'd headline Other now. headlined Reading and Leeds in 2010 and they're hugely more popular now than they were then, so yeah, must just be a case of them not being quite as big on the continent

How odd, although their decreased popularity in other sections of Europe probably means they can get away with not headlining.

On a side note, their new festival dates make IOW much less likely (in Norway on the 12th I believe).