Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

2 hours ago, Barneym said:

Sorry if this is further back but someone just told me it’s £78 for the O2 I am really not sure if they are taking the piss and I’ve had a few can anyone confirm 

Thats probably about right. Its £60 here in the u.s for one of the smaller venues thats all standing. So £78 for standing and lower seating is on par. Remember Feist is support. They gotta get paid too ya know.

listend and Im in the its good side which is the minority. Maybe having heard some of them live beforehand helped. 

Edited by Suprefan

Can’t stop listening to this. 

Age of Anxiety 1 is up there with some of the best tracks they’ve done.

Tell me them opening with it, secret set at The Park stage, sun glistening away and thousands of like minded party goers dancing arms aloft when the beat drops isn’t going to be a fucking vibe.

21 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I thought the album was superb… 🤷‍♂️

WE is the only track I could maybe live without.

The rest I loved.

Would be interested to hear how you rank the rest of AF albums @Matt42

Listened to it last night, thought it was decent. Agree about WE, can't even remember what it goes like.

36 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I thought the album was superb… 🤷‍♂️

WE is the only track I could maybe live without.

The rest I loved.

Would be interested to hear how you rank the rest of AF albums @Matt42

1. funeral

2. the suburbs

3. neon bible

4. reflektor

5. everything now

6. WE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

1. funeral

2. the suburbs

3. neon bible

4. reflektor

5. everything now

6. WE

Ooft, even everything now above WE? Harsh!

I genuinely find it difficult to rank the first three, then for me I think reflektor and WE are probably level, both great albums in their own way, then everything now bringing up the rear, a couple of tunes but quite a bit of pretty forgettable stuff.

1 - Funeral, Neon Bible, Suburbs

2 - Reflektor, WE

3 - Everything Now

Overall a really good (and quite short) Arcade Fire album. Sounds great on vinyl and will translate amazingly on tour.

Agreed that EN had lower lows, but not completely on the highest highs. There are some weird production choices on Rabbit Hole but both Age of Anxiety have the potential to be some of the best songs AF have released. I like Everything Now (the song) a lot but The Lightning I/II was as strong as a lead single and an instant classic imo.

But I don't think this record reaches an emotional high as it did on their previous releases. End of the Empire is fine, and I like the dynamics on EOTE IV, but it's no PYMOM/WDDL. Lookout Kid is a grower though.

Edited by VCF

13 hours ago, Barneym said:

Sorry if this is further back but someone just told me it’s £78 for the O2 I am really not sure if they are taking the piss and I’ve had a few can anyone confirm 

My archives are saying it was £65 for the 2018 Everything Now show at Wembley Arena. Probably the going rate for gig inflation to add in another £10-odd since, much as I agree it's a bit much.

Funeral

The Suburbs

Neon Bible

Reflektor

WE

Everything Now

Also, I know The Lightning II is basically just Arcade Fire doing their best to capture some of that Neon Bible/Suburbs magic and doesn’t really bring anything new to the table, but goddamn does it get me hyped every time it kicks in. Part 1 might not be quite as good, but it sets up the second part perfectly. Gonna be hype as fuck during that Park secret set that is definitely happening. 

50 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Today's mood:

image.thumb.jpeg.c478abd59d7f65ed3cca2f514222b9db.jpeg

This was one of the most frustrating things about the album. It's spectacular in the live version of the song when regine's vocals come back into the song amid the rising synths on the second half (gotta get this feeling out of me, this anxiety, that's inside of me). It was the one moment I was looking forward to the most on record because I imagined how epic it was going to sound. Then I listen to the actual song and her vocals aren't even really there at that point of the song (4.26). Such a let down

Edited by downtherabbithole

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

My archives are saying it was £65 for the 2018 Everything Now show at Wembley Arena. Probably the going rate for gig inflation to add in another £10-odd since, much as I agree it's a bit much.

Really I went to that and don’t remember to t being anywhere near as much but I’m sure I just block things out, plus that gig was absolutely fantastic so it was worth it

Neon Bible

Funeral

The Suburbs

WE

Reflektor (although I could definitlely construct a 40 minute Reflektor better then WE!)

Everything Now

I like the new album in the main, not loving End of the Empire IV yet, think that the rest though is good to great Arcade Fire (could miss Prelude mind not sure that is a required 30 seconds on this album when you compare it to say Interlude followed by Hysteria on Absolution by Muse but not a biggie).

had time to digest the album now. Definitely better than EN, bit disappointing with the production of some songs. End of Empire is probably the best song along with The Lightning 1/2. I thought age of anxiety songs would be my favourite based on the live versions but they didn't capture the magic fully with the album versions. Not as great as I expected, but still half decent. 7.5/10 Also, not getting some of the hate for Race and Religion, i think it's another great Regine track.

The Suburbs 10/10

Funeral 10/10

Neon Bible 9/10

Reflektor 8.5/10

WE 7.5/10

Everything Now 4/10

Edited by downtherabbithole