Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Its a grower for sure. Liked it when I first heard it - absolutely love it now I've given it a few spins. The tracks flow into eachother superbly. For me, the last 2 albums have been more miss than hit - and whilst they are never getting back to the near perfection of the first 3, its nice to listen to an Arcade Fire album that you want to listen to all the way through. Rabbit Hole could be one of the best things they have ever done...

Manchester clashes with Psych Fest, that's quite unfortunate. I probably can't go and watch Arcade Fire and Black Midi, two of my favourite bands. Not sure whether it will be worth getting a Psych ticket and then going to AF in the evening. 

1 minute ago, unodosseb said:

London one is 7th sept on some websites and 8th on others. Is that a mistake on some of them or are there two dates?

Imagine the plan is two once the first sells out but there's been a slip up somewhere

This will be the easiest ticket buy of the year for me. They're one of my two all time favourite bands, possibly beat by Radiohead, but I'd probably rather see Arcade Fire live. I've been waiting a while to see them, as I've been into them for a few years. So it will be great to get to see them for the first time.

Just now, Miyn said:

This will be the easiest ticket buy of the year for me. They're one of my two all time favourite bands, possibly beat by Radiohead, but I'd probably rather see Arcade Fire live. I've been waiting a while to see them, as I've been into them for a few years. So it will be great to get to see them for the first time.

They're a great band live mate, you'll love it.

London gig on a weeknight - not ideal but do-able.

London gig that week, when I'm in Newcastle because my husband got in to the great north run - 😭

Was hoping for a weekend London date so I could take my little boy, he's only 6 so not sure he'd manage getting home at midnight and then school the next day!!

6.5/10 

End of the Empire's brings the whole album a bit down for me.

Although my preferred albums are Suburbs/Reflektor/EN, personally prefer that upbeat AF.

Not sure I'd miss Diana for a Secret Set. Tough one. 

One thing I've noticed having now listened a couple of times if this sounds kinda like a Win and Regine album rather than a Arcade Fire album. Large parts of the record are quite stripped back and you could picture them just perfoming the likes of End of Empire and Lookout Kid as a duo. It doesn't really have these huge, layered moments of a million things going on at once that you get on the likes of Rebellion, No Cars Go and Afterlife etc. 

Probably quite a few reasons for that - not least the pandemic (I think they mainly wrote and composed on their own for the first time)  - but maybe its contributing to why people aren't feeling it like the first four and why theres been quite a few comments about the live songs sounding different. 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

looks like some people have been recieving a wonky vinyl cover 😄 

How?! 😂

Did someone screenshot the artwork? 

That's not an easy mistake to make. Almost have to go out of your way for that to happen.

More likely to be a mistake from the printers, than a mistake from the designer.

Already down in London the Monday and Tuesday nights for bloody Harry Potter Studio Tour (no we don't have kids...), though I've at least managed to get out of a theatre trip on the Wednesday. Good job as we'll spend an extra night down there and go to this instead!