Jump to content
Zoo Music Girl

Arcade Fire

Recommended Posts

Anyone know if you could get back to Leeds by a reasonable time after the fig if it ends at 10:30? Not sure if my traiine is displaying the times correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Anyone know if you could get back to Leeds by a reasonable time after the fig if it ends at 10:30? Not sure if my traiine is displaying the times correctly

Pretty sure theres a train from oxford road to leeds after 11 so you'd definitely catch that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Gonna head for Cask, great little place between Deansgate and the venue. I'm thinking I'll bring my sequined hat I got at Glastonbury. ;)

One of the very few beery places that isn't shit. Big Wave on tap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So, do we think that because it's MIF, they'll play the new album in full rather than giving us loads and loads of hits?

We'd probably have heard something about it by now, and I doubt that they have an album in full rehearsed with only 2 songs performed so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tr234 said:

Anyone know if you could get back to Leeds by a reasonable time after the fig if it ends at 10:30? Not sure if my traiine is displaying the times correctly

23:17 from Oxford Road. Also 23:21 from Victoria or 23:44 from Piccadilly if it goes on later 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why the optimism? I thought the Manchester Festival gigs were usually about performances of new works.

Yes, it's totally about new works....or new performances, hence the New Order shows are all existing New Order songs but presented in a new way. Another example is Bjork at the festival in 2015, it was a new show but she played a good number of her older songs. Also remember they did Kenneth Branagh's version of Macbeth...

So there's no reason why Arcade Fire won't play their older numbers. Unless the band choose not to!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, it's totally about new works....or new performances, hence the New Order shows are all existing New Order songs but presented in a new way. Another example is Bjork at the festival in 2015, it was a new show but she played a good number of her older songs. Also remember they did Kenneth Branagh's version of Macbeth...

So there's no reason why Arcade Fire won't play their older numbers. Unless the band choose not to!

 

The album is 47 minutes according to the leaked times, so they'd have to play new songs anyway! I think a full album show is very unlikely though, as GOML says, they probably don't even have it all rehearsed yet. Also it would be a bit silly to do it with three weeks still to go until release date imo (might have been a cool idea if the album was out the following day). 

Intrigued by the whole new works / new performances thing though - what would constitute that? Maybe just a debut of the new single amongst an otherwise normal set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

No sign of stage times etc though. Don't really want to turn up at 7 if they're not on until 9

I imagine it might be similar to Sc**thorpe, although doors opened at 6.30 and they were on at 8 then. Chance someone like Steve Mackie might DJ do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, a common thing with Arcade Fire shows, they release a few tickets on the day or the day before gigs, to help fans beat the touts. That's how I got in to the Blackpool show.

Wouldn't be surprised if they still sneak people in who are hanging round near back doors sometimes too, they always used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Simpo said:

 

Wouldn't be surprised if they still sneak people in who are hanging round near back doors sometimes too, they always used to. 

Friend of mine had that  happen at the Roundhouse a couple of years ago. She's planning to head to BG later and just "hang around looking sad".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Friend of mine had that  happen at the Roundhouse a couple of years ago. She's planning to head to BG later and just "hang around looking sad".

There were tens of thousands of people trying that in Sc**thorpe.

1 hour ago, donkeykong said:

This appears to suggest that The Kooks are the support band for the York Hall shows. Strange if true...

Edit - This suggests it was just in Belfast

Yeah I doubt they'd have support acts on any of these tiny 360 stages. Luke Kook would be tumbling over the congas.

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donkeykong said:

This appears to suggest that The Kooks are the support band for the York Hall shows. Strange if true...

Edit - This suggests it was just in Belfast

Can really see the AF faithful getting properly in to renditions of Seaside and Jackie Big Tits...

Edited by T-Mouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why the optimism? I thought the Manchester Festival gigs were usually about performances of new works.

I don't think there's much chance of anything other than a normal show.

The MIF shows with the new album in full are advertised as such, and usually for a run of multiple shows in an unusual venue (like the Bjork and The XX show runs). If this was the case AF would have chosen somewhere that would fit their 360 stage

The week of Castlefield Bowl shows are part of the Sounds of the City series - a silly tagline that doesn't really mean much. Maybe the promoters thought they could create a Manc equivalent a of the British Summer Time shows? Regardless, the MIF tagline seems to be due to the gig occuring during the festival season, nothing more.

 

 

Edited by fowls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of tickets available on ticketmaster for castlefield now

 

Edit: wrong one it was london

Edited by kaytee...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOR Magazine (Dutch) has Arcade Fire featured in their July issue, complete with a track by track review and exclusive interview with Win and Will at the recent Best Kept Secret Festival.

Can't wait till 28th of July! It sounds very promising. Lot's of disco, punk, soul and reggae with a caribbean sauce....

 

Edited by rinzeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Simpo said:

Gonna head for Cask, great little place between Deansgate and the venue.

 

I'll head there pre-gig, what kind of time will you be there?

I will be out and about from around 3pm, staying in the Travelodge at Piccadilly Gardens, so probably start off in the Weatherspoons a few doors down and then slowly make my way via a couple pubs towards Castlefield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...