Jump to content
Zoo Music Girl

Arcade Fire

Recommended Posts

That was a really great set, probably the best I've seen them come across on a live stream. Not at all sold on Signs of Life though; liked it amongst the excitement of its premiere in Sc**thorpe, but now I think it'll definitely end up as my least favourite of the new songs. 

Edited by bocumaroy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the car running.....

 

if not its all about bout Biffy and liam!

Edited by col_28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

Probably mentioned before but is this tour 360 degrees? Just booking tickets so could make a difference on my choice.

 

The were on a normal stage, so no 360 degrees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

Probably mentioned before but is this tour 360 degrees? Just booking tickets so could make a difference on my choice.

 

For the arena shows? At least some of them are; I was checking ticket prices and selected a few venues at random and they all had the 360 setup in the seating plan.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eTicket arrived for Manchester :D
Anyone meeting up pre-gig for drinks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my Manchester tickets through too.

Train gets in at 18.00 so not sure whether to just go straight in or have a beer or two with mates beforehand. Some of my favourite pubs in Manchester are nearby Knott, Britain's Protection, Rain Bar, Peverill of the Peak... but I can imagine they'll be heaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Had my Manchester tickets through too.

Train gets in at 18.00 so not sure whether to just go straight in or have a beer or two with mates beforehand. Some of my favourite pubs in Manchester are nearby Knott, Britain's Protection, Rain Bar, Peverill of the Peak... but I can imagine they'll be heaving.

Britons protection is ace! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So S America tour announced for Nov/Dec. So looks like they'll be back in Europe next year. Spring arena dates then either Reading, Latitude or Bestival. I suspect Reading could be likely as it would have been 8 years since their last headline slot. I guess we will have to wait until album number 6 for a repeat at Glastonbury. That feels an awful long time to wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, reflekting said:

So S America tour announced for Nov/Dec. So looks like they'll be back in Europe next year. Spring arena dates then either Reading, Latitude or Bestival. I suspect Reading could be likely as it would have been 8 years since their last headline slot. I guess we will have to wait until album number 6 for a repeat at Glastonbury. That feels an awful long time to wait. 

On the plus side though we are seeing them next week!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracklist's out:

http://pitchfork.com/news/arcade-fire-officially-announce-tracklist-for-new-album-everything-now/?mbid=social_facebook

01 Everything_Now (continued)
02 Everything Now
03 Signs of Life
04 Creature Comfort
05 Peter Pan
06 Chemistry
07 Infinite Content
08 Infinite_Content
09 Electric Blue
10 Good God Damn
11 Put Your Money on Me
12 We Don’t Deserve Love
13 Everything Now (continued)

 

Sign of Life out on Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

New tune is huge, probably the best one so far. 

Which one, Signs of Life? They closed with that at Scunny, sounded great but semi-ridiculous levels of Talking Heads. Not that that's a bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Which one, Signs of Life? They closed with that at Scunny, sounded great but semi-ridiculous levels of Talking Heads. Not that that's a bad thing.

Yeah that's the one, just dropped on Spotify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyable but, as I thought in Sc**thorpe, it's not quite on par with the other two for me. However they were both holes-in-one so it's understandable. 

I listened to the three in the order on iTunes and it is my esteemed opinion that this album is gonna be fab. Not gonna listen to anymore new tracks (I believe there's one more in two weeks) until the full album tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what time they are on stage in Manchester as got some logistics to work out to make sure I get there in time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...