Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

2 hours ago, Vacant0 said:

They were great yesterday. New songs were really good (they didn't play either of the rubbish ones from the album) and I disagree that Put Your Money On Me was a weak point. Loved all the lights and the in the round set up. Their entrance was a nice surprise too, as it was the same part of the crowd I was already stood in.

I can't complain as it did make for a more enjoyable sold out gig than most, but definitely feel they could have sold way more standing tickets than they did. There was loads of space in the crowd, found it easy to get fairly close to the stage and in/out to the bar and toilets throughout the set.

And no, they didn't check IDs at all - just scanned the ticket and let you in. If I'd known that in advance I'd have sold both tickets rather than just my spare, but really glad I didn't.

Perhaps it was harsh of me to call it a weak moment. It was still an 8/10, it's just the rest of the gig was 10/10!

Agree the entrance was fantastic. We must have been standing quite close to each other!

Updated rankings after last night:

1. Wembley Arena - 2017
2. O2 Arena - 2010
3. Alexandra Palace - 2007
4. Glastonbury - 2014

Shame to see so many empty seats because I've honestly never seen anything like it. From seated you could see everything going on, like the flash mob dance group, to Will interacting with the crowd as he ran around with his drum in Rebellion (Lies). I loved it! Also helps they weren't touring a terrible album.

Woah you Thursday nighters copped the best setlist of the UK tour so far imo.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:
Oceans of noise too, not gonna lie, bit jealous there. Nowt off of the EP tho, yowza.

No Cars Go? :^)

I do declare six off Funeral and nowt (else) off the EP is better than four and one.

Edited by dentalplan

Best live band on the planet bar none. What a fucking night. Crown of love was such an unbelievable treat. Sprawl 2 was anarchy. I saw comments about the crowd being shit and I went in cautious. Nonsense. Crowd were splendid.

What a night. What a performance. What a fucking band. 

As you were. TM x

• Upvote 1

Honestly, tonight was flawless, I was a bit sceptical about the ring walk, and Win being a bit too ‘Bono’ but it was stellar, most fun I’ve had at an Arcade Fire gig, the stage set up was great and the set list was really well measured. I’m no huge fan of the newer material but it really works in that set. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Woah you Thursday nighters copped the best setlist of the UK tour so far imo.

No Cars Go? :^)

I do declare six off Funeral and nowt (else) off the EP is better than four and one.

Touché on No Cars Go :P Only one off Funeral I'm that fussed on is In The Backseat, the rest are either not going to get dropped (tunnels, power out, rebellion) or I've seen, multiple times. 

Edited by Tuna

We definitely got the best setlist, I can take or leave most of the EP songs so not bothered about them being left off, but Crown Of Love + Ocean Of Noise + Jarvis was the stuff. They spread the new songs out so they didn't stink out the joint too much and didn't play any of the really egrigious ones. Stage in the round worked really well, I reckon we got more than our fair share of Sarah Neufeld + Regine action on our side, and also that lad who looks like Bjorn from ABBA seemed to dig it over there as well. Loved the bit of them walking through the crowd at the end with PHJB, don't get people's obsession with having to pat them though, they're not Jesus. I was stood right where they walked, and I'm trying to get my groove on but every bugger behind me is barging and shoving hands and phones around my head. Just calm the fuck down lads. I've half a mind to go again tonight tho.

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

We definitely got the best setlist, I can take or leave most of the EP songs so not bothered about them being left off, but Crown Of Love + Ocean Of Noise + Jarvis was the stuff. They spread the new songs out so they didn't stink out the joint too much and didn't play any of the really egrigious ones. Stage in the round worked really well, I reckon we got more than our fair share of Sarah Neufeld + Regine action on our side, and also that lad who looks like Bjorn from ABBA seemed to dig it over there as well. Loved the bit of them walking through the crowd at the end with PHJB, don't get people's obsession with having to pat them though, they're not Jesus. I was stood right where they walked, and I'm trying to get my groove on but every bugger behind me is barging and shoving hands and phones around my head. Just calm the fuck down lads. I've half a mind to go again tonight tho.

People went mental over our side as well when Win was in the crowd for afterlife. The karaoke bit for We Don't Deserve Love had my laughing as well.

I'd definitely be going again ticket I think if I lived locally.

Heading along to this tonight, pretty excited. Wembley site says Arcade fire play at 8:45, is that accurate? What sort of time has it wound up the last two nights? Takes me a good hour and a half to get home from Wembley on three trains so need to plan my journey times!

I actually think, outside of festival sets, that was the best gig I’ve been to. Outstanding stuff, danced none stop, had a little yelp of joy on the arrival of Mr Cocker and my girlfriend couldn’t understand way I was so excited. Personal highlight was Sprawl II, crowd around me went mental, led by me haha.

Went to the Manchester gig on Sunday which was brilliant. Still can't believe they did Vampire Forest Fire. 

Just bought tickets for Birmingham Sunday night, couldn't resist. Will be driving down, anyone know any cheap places to park? Ideally want to get away as quickly as possible afterwards as in work on Monday morning.

2 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Heading along to this tonight, pretty excited. Wembley site says Arcade fire play at 8:45, is that accurate? What sort of time has it wound up the last two nights? Takes me a good hour and a half to get home from Wembley on three trains so need to plan my journey times!

Don't think it was bang on 8.45 on Wednesday, but ye they were pretty punctual. The gig didn't overrun. I left just before the end and was pretty drunk so not sure exactly when it finished, but I'm fairly sure it was before 11.

38 minutes ago, Vacant0 said:

Don't think it was bang on 8.45 on Wednesday, but ye they were pretty punctual. The gig didn't overrun. I left just before the end and was pretty drunk so not sure exactly when it finished, but I'm fairly sure it was before 11.

I made it to the Sainsburys outside the arena at 11.03pm (they stopped serving beer at 11pm, much to my annoyance) so I think the show finished almost bang on 11pm, although 5 mins or so was just the band pratting about leaving the arena to be fair.