Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

3 hours ago, benali said:

Bands can decide what venues they play to avoid all this shit. It's totally in their hands if they want it to be.

No one is forcing them to use Ticketmaster, there's plenty of other non-shady ticket companies out there.

Arcade Fire must be absolutely minted. They can give something back to the fans who got them to that point by making gigs affordable and if that means cutting down on the stage set up etc then so be it. People are going for the music. Turn up, plug in and play. I saw them at Brixton Academy back in the day, they weren't ripping anyone off then so why do it now?

Thing is big bands are businesses. It's not just them making decisions, but it also might be them making THIS decision. "Hmmmm.... do I want to sign this contract for £xxk or THIS one for £xxxk?"

6 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

Incredible isn’t it. There was a big hit trying to shut down touting secondary markets.

What do they do once they’ve nearly succeeded? 

…create their own touting secondary market with a different name.

Disgusting.

It should be illegal and banned outright. Absolutely scummy behaviour from ticketmaster and Arcade Fire tbh. 

29 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Currently up for arcade fire at the o2. Unreal they supposedly sold at this price

Screenshot_20220514-160923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-160905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Those are the high up nosebleeds seats, if you are gonna over pay at least make it worth it and get standing or right next to the stage.

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Currently up for arcade fire at the o2. Unreal they supposedly sold at this price

Screenshot_20220514-160923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-160905_Samsung Internet.jpg

I mean, if these had been on Viagogo or StubHub back in the day, people would have been kicking off, and rightly so. Particularly as tickets in that area of the O2 are still available for face from SeeTickets.

On 5/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, Radiochicken said:

Incredible isn’t it. There was a big hit trying to shut down touting secondary markets.

What do they do once they’ve nearly succeeded? 

…create their own touting secondary market with a different name.

Disgusting.

Let's not pretend they were ever doing it for the benefit of punters.

Bordeaux tickets booked!!!

Somewhere there is logic in not paying £80 per ticket for Manchester but instead paying £50 per ticket, £200 for flights and parking and £120 for 2 nights accommodation.

10 year wedding anniversary surprise. 🤪

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brunty9 said:

Bordeaux tickets booked!!!

Somewhere there is logic in not paying £80 per ticket for Manchester but instead paying £50 per ticket, £200 for flights and parking and £120 for 2 nights accommodation.

10 year wedding anniversary surprise. 🤪

Nice. We did Metallica in Barcelona for our 7-year-itch 😊

• Like 1

On the subject of Ticketmaster resale tickets, I have a spare ticket for The Strokes at Lytham Festival in July, and decided to just list it on the Ticketmaster resale platform. I got the confirmation email to say it had been listed as expected

image.thumb.png.e8821aed4659ee9e9d1fc3d190f78a29.png

but when I asked a friend to have a look to see if they could see this ticket listed on Ticketmaster, it was (and still is) nowhere to be seen

image.thumb.png.a30f27b0b322c66bbfcdcdabcb11c1a7.png

Am I being paranoid in thinking that Ticketmaster is not displaying my ticket for sale as there is still regular tickets available? or am I looking in the wrong place?

49 minutes ago, El Scorcho said:

On the subject of Ticketmaster resale tickets, I have a spare ticket for The Strokes at Lytham Festival in July, and decided to just list it on the Ticketmaster resale platform. I got the confirmation email to say it had been listed as expected

image.thumb.png.e8821aed4659ee9e9d1fc3d190f78a29.png

but when I asked a friend to have a look to see if they could see this ticket listed on Ticketmaster, it was (and still is) nowhere to be seen

image.thumb.png.a30f27b0b322c66bbfcdcdabcb11c1a7.png

Am I being paranoid in thinking that Ticketmaster is not displaying my ticket for sale as there is still regular tickets available? or am I looking in the wrong place?

I had the same issue when selling Michael Kiwanuka tickets. I emailed Ticketmaster who said that in effect that your ticket is in a queue and they typically sell one set of tickets at a time before yours will appear on their page. I guess it's so they can portray that tickets are limited rather than showing a long list of resale tickets. I'd say for high demand gigs, it's worth doing Ticketmaster Resale as they'll sell pretty quickly but for less in-demand, Twickets is the way to go.

38 minutes ago, Vinyl Glasses said:

I had the same issue when selling Michael Kiwanuka tickets. I emailed Ticketmaster who said that in effect that your ticket is in a queue and they typically sell one set of tickets at a time before yours will appear on their page. I guess it's so they can portray that tickets are limited rather than showing a long list of resale tickets. I'd say for high demand gigs, it's worth doing Ticketmaster Resale as they'll sell pretty quickly but for less in-demand, Twickets is the way to go.

Oh right, that explains it. Thanks for letting me know. Annoyingly the tickets can’t be transferred from my Ticketmaster account so I can’t list them on Twickets (which would’ve been first choice) I only have the option to resale on their shitty platform.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

If any of Arcade Fire, The Smile, or War on Drugs aren't in those TBC/TBA slots then I'll be fully gutted

having reflected on this, as much as i'd like to wish it into happening, i think the chances of AF rocking up are next to nothing.

they'd get paid peanuts, have no dates in europe around the time, it seems they have moved past the WE promotional stuff. travelling a thousand miles or so to scratch some hedonistic itch, even if they do seem to love the festival, seems unlikely.

i would guess that park sunday TBA is war on drugs. if the smile play then maybe that lengthy strummerville TBA on sunday night?

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

having reflected on this, as much as i'd like to wish it into happening, i think the chances of AF rocking up are next to nothing.

they'd get paid peanuts, have no dates in europe around the time, it seems they have moved past the WE promotional stuff. travelling a thousand miles or so to scratch some hedonistic itch, even if they do seem to love the festival, seems unlikely.

i would guess that park sunday TBA is war on drugs. if the smile play then maybe that lengthy strummerville TBA on sunday night?

Yeah I think you're right. With TWOD playing Bristol on the Monday, surely they have to stop by the festival?! And not sure about The Smile but Thom is there at the festival most years so who knows tbh.

Just now, mattiloy said:

Yeah, hate to admit it but I think you are right. The pop up gigs did a great job of building up excitement for the new album, but no real reason why they would appear on this side of the world again til they are due to at the end of the summer (thankfully I'll see them then anyway). The Smile if they are free on the Sunday would be my guess since Thom and Jonny have played the Park twice..

13 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Andy Bell is DJ'ing right after that Strummerville TBA, so I've gone ahead and penciled in Ride or the Oasis reunion for that slot.  🙂