Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah reddit in particular is full of rumblings of a sister album. Apparently someone posted months ago a big list of stuff about WE which turned out to be correct and the last point was there would be a follow up within a few months. 

It seems a bit odd to drop the album in May (which in itself was odd because they usually have a loooong gap between the first single and the record coming out) and then not have really any festivals/own shows booked in all summer. Could see something coming out either end of the tour. 

This takes me back to "The King of Limbs pt 2"...

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

We got standing tickets for Manchester in the venue presale. Does anyone know if they sold early entry tickets for Manchester in the main sale?

Might impact what time we get there as to how near the front we'd be able to get.

yes they did.

This has been going on with other shows as well. Feels like Ticketmaster UK has decided to copy the Premium rip-off bollocks that their US brethren get up to.

Though I have noticed on SeeTickets that Birmingham ones are still available in all categories. Which seems to be a running thing - in my experience, and I'm not exactly sure why, tickets in Birmingham seem to sell much slower.

4 hours ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Can't believe that this actually happens. Do the bands really have any control over shit like this?

I'd like to get some insight from someone in the know rather than assume artists are complicit or have the control to stop dynamic pricing/VIP packages etc...

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Those prices are a joke. Glad I managed to get one of the cheaper ones (& that's relative)

Listened to the album 3 times now. Convinced it will sound "fuller" live.  

It does. 

Age of Anxiety 1 and 2, Rabbit Hole and The Lightening 1 and 2 all slap live.

6 hours ago, jcd_lowe said:

I'd like to get some insight from someone in the know rather than assume artists are complicit or have the control to stop dynamic pricing/VIP packages etc...

Yeah that's where I'm at. The fact that the tickets in Krakow and Lisbon etc seem so much more affordable goes against the idea that it's a band being greedy and hypocritical surely?

Just read 3 articles and watched a YouTube about Dynamic Ticket Pricing. It looks like artists can opt in/out, but the market itself is dynamic so perhaps TM make it very unattractive to opt out. Perhaps it’s also sophisticated enough to allow artists to opt in/out by territory or specific venue. So London gets dynamic pricing, Lisbon does not. Or dynamic pricing only kicks in when ticket sales pass a trigger point, so the artist only opts in for the last e.g. 20% of tickets.

Anyway, seems like this or a version of it is now going to be a feature of the ticket market. A bit depressing really.

Bands can decide what venues they play to avoid all this shit. It's totally in their hands if they want it to be.

No one is forcing them to use Ticketmaster, there's plenty of other non-shady ticket companies out there.

Arcade Fire must be absolutely minted. They can give something back to the fans who got them to that point by making gigs affordable and if that means cutting down on the stage set up etc then so be it. People are going for the music. Turn up, plug in and play. I saw them at Brixton Academy back in the day, they weren't ripping anyone off then so why do it now?

38 minutes ago, benali said:

Bands can decide what venues they play to avoid all this shit. It's totally in their hands if they want it to be.

No one is forcing them to use Ticketmaster, there's plenty of other non-shady ticket companies out there.

Arcade Fire must be absolutely minted. They can give something back to the fans who got them to that point by making gigs affordable and if that means cutting down on the stage set up etc then so be it. People are going for the music. Turn up, plug in and play. I saw them at Brixton Academy back in the day, they weren't ripping anyone off then so why do it now?

Pearl jam had that huge crusade against ticketmaster and failed

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

@jump - I was hoping someone from the Gaming Thread would get this.

I did see it yesterday but I ran out of upvotes at the time.

It's one of the most bizarre things Nintendo have ever done and they are company with a history of doing things bizarrely.

20 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Pretty sure the artists playing have a say in if this is switched on or not, and if they do, fuck Arcade Fire for this. This stinks and should be called out.

Wow that is a fucking awful practice! Perhaps if they want to copy airline tickets they should sell the first batch for £20, then £30 and so on...

• Upvote 1