Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

24 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Sorry if ism being stupid but why is this thread always a popular topic, are they expected to appear or are they appearing and I've missed it 🤣🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

We’re hoping they might do a secret set as they did one at Coachella and have done some small pre-album gigs. Add in the new album and tour just dropped, plus they are former headliners and there’s quite a few fans that like to chat about them!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, evilduck said:

We’re hoping they might do a secret set as they did one at Coachella and have done some small pre-album gigs. Add in the new album and tour just dropped, plus they are former headliners and there’s quite a few fans that like to chat about them!

Great, definitely a band I'd like to see 👏👏👏

11 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Not sure if the link will work for you but venue presale for Manchester still has standing tickets available.

Cost £162.50 for two but paid with Ticketmaster gift cards that I bought at a 15% discount after someone posted a deal on here, which makes it more reasonable.

http://tracking.activitystream.com/f/a/U8_vn__0S21jB7MSYQ0MMA~~/AAAwKAA~/RgRkXpwbP0REaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGlja2V0bWFzdGVyLmNvLnVrL2V2ZW50LzFGMDA1Qzk0OEQyRDEyMDU_ZGlkPXVrdG12ZW5wczFXBXNwY2V1QgpiaR0XfGKGxWoVUhdyb2JtdXJwaHkxOTc0QGdtYWlsLmNvbVgEAAAARQ~~

11 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I've just got 3 standing via the venue presale:

Go to

https://ao-arena.com/events/

Find the event and then get tickets, it brings up seated but change it to standing and you should have a chance.

Yoooooooooo, you heroes. Thank you!

Weird that the venue is selling tickets pretty openly outside of the actual sale but I'm not complaining.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:31 PM, Slugy said:

Got 6 for o2. Yea the price rise sucks but its going to be the new norm at this point especially when most bands make their money through tours now and its Arcade Fire, so I was always gonna pay it but as Hugh said above with how high arena's set their prices now it makes festival and even day festivals seem like an absolute bargain now. The National at All Points East for £70 quid is a steal!!!!

It would be if the sound wasn't so shite at APE! The lineup will probably mean I'll end up going though...

On 5/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, Hugh Jass II said:

Just as a point of reference for a tenner more I got a day ticket to Reading with Arctic Monkeys, Wolf Alice and Fontaines DC playing.

Arena gigs can fuck right off.

Yup! The War on Drugs the other week were really good but the atmosphere was terrible. Went for seats to save a few quid and our upper tier seats reverted to lower because sales were obviously lacklustre because the upper tier wasn't used (unsurprisingly we were bumped further back, albeit without the angled view we originally had). Virtually our entire row left with half an hour to go! Dreadful atmosphere... I know the O2 can be a nightmare to get away from but still! I was sat for AF at Wembley on the last tour and the atmosphere was great. I wonder how much of that was the fact it was in the round and how much can be attributed to them being more engaging live. Hopefully TWoD will do 2 nights at Brixton Academy or the Apollo next time.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Manchester tickets went pretty quickly today. Standing & the most expensive 2sets of seats went instantly. Quite surprised

Very surprised. Suppose despite the price there aren't many UK dates and it's been a while since they were around and don't come around too often. I'm sure when September comes around I'll regret not biting the bullet....unless I've seen a Glastonbury secret set.  

Wonder if people are getting tickets just in case it’s their last tour. With Will going, and WE have a sober feel throughout, I have an awful feeling that they might call it a day soon. 
They’ve achieved it all and would be justified in wanting to try new things at this stage of their career. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Wonder if people are getting tickets just in case it’s their last tour. With Will going, and WE have a sober feel throughout, I have an awful feeling that they might call it a day soon. 
They’ve achieved it all and would be justified in wanting to try new things at this stage of their career. 

Interesting thought. Might not be a bad thing, go out on a reasonable high and not just fade away...

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

If this is the case the decision to not buy tickets will haunt me. 

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

Win said he wrote enough material in lockdown for 2 or 3 albums, so I'm expecting another one fairly soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

Win said he wrote enough material in lockdown for 2 or 3 albums, so I'm expecting another one fairly soon

Yeah reddit in particular is full of rumblings of a sister album. Apparently someone posted months ago a big list of stuff about WE which turned out to be correct and the last point was there would be a follow up within a few months. 

It seems a bit odd to drop the album in May (which in itself was odd because they usually have a loooong gap between the first single and the record coming out) and then not have really any festivals/own shows booked in all summer. Could see something coming out either end of the tour. 

40 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah reddit in particular is full of rumblings of a sister album. Apparently someone posted months ago a big list of stuff about WE which turned out to be correct and the last point was there would be a follow up within a few months. 

It seems a bit odd to drop the album in May (which in itself was odd because they usually have a loooong gap between the first single and the record coming out) and then not have really any festivals/own shows booked in all summer. Could see something coming out either end of the tour. 

Probably release a single before the tour. The album after so they can do a short run next summer + fests

19 minutes ago, reflekting said:

"Not in it for the the money" but selling VIP and early entry tickets is some damn hypocrisy. This rings very hollow. 

It's the American way. Very normal over there. I know the guy who runs First Avenue. He's English still can't get his head around what people will pay over there.

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

"Not in it for the the money" but selling VIP and early entry tickets is some damn hypocrisy. This rings very hollow. 

They do give off old man yelling at a cloud vibes a lot of the time 

Plenty of artists have broken through and will continue to do so and there's definitely an argument that music being more accessible supports this. Definitely not without its issues 100% 

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Although I hate myself for always getting sucked in to these theories only for them to always be bullshit, I’m very down for a quick follow up/sister album, even if I was pretty whelmed with this one overall. 

Definitely gonna be called ‘US’ or some shit though, isn’t it?