Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

My archives are saying it was £65 for the 2018 Everything Now show at Wembley Arena. Probably the going rate for gig inflation to add in another £10-odd since, much as I agree it's a bit much.

For the Earls Court show in 2014 it was 94.40 for 2 tickets including fees and postage

13 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

For the Earls Court show in 2014 it was 94.40 for 2 tickets including fees and postage

I know. Other acts are crazy for this. I'm pretty sure my tickets for The Killers at a show in 2009 were half the price of the upcoming stadium shows, while Muse are definitely hitting that range as well. Frank Turner's upcoming tour feels more expensive than his previous goes as well. But it is what it is with gig inflation I guess.

I've seen clips from the 2014 Earls Court date on YouTube. Looks like a great night that.

9 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

RAM is great though?

Eh, it’s alright. 

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tusk, Chinese Democracy, Journey Through The Secret Life of Plants, Be Here Now, The Second Coming, etc. all got there first.

Be Here Now, on the other hand, turned out to be Oasis’ second best album. Granted, not much competition further down the line, but better than Morning Glory that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I know. Other acts are crazy for this. I'm pretty sure my tickets for The Killers at a show in 2009 were half the price of the upcoming stadium shows,

I think I saw the killers in 2018 at Bolton stadium for £40 a ticket. Bonus for that was because I worked next to the stadium we all got sent home at noon on the day of the event to avoid traffic. 

7 minutes ago, Bza said:

I'll defend Be Here Now till my dying breath.  🤣

A gloriously OTT cocaine album which perfectly suits the time and situation of the band. It's reputation is only in question because of sniffy critics who feel embarrased about their initial reaction to it.

I don't know any hardcore Oasis fans who don't like it.

It’s a very good point.  All true Oasis fans rate it.

10 minutes ago, Bza said:

I'll defend Be Here Now till my dying breath.  🤣

A gloriously OTT cocaine album which perfectly suits the time and situation of the band. It's reputation is only in question because of sniffy critics who feel embarrased about their initial reaction to it.

I don't know any hardcore Oasis fans who don't like it.

Yup, it’s Oasis at full excess and I love it for that. Couple of songs that I could do without (Magic Pie being the biggest clunker that’s unfortunately early on in the album) but otherwise it’s largely just pure coke rock bangers. Even when the songwriting isn’t that great, you’ve just gotta admire how overblown it all is. I believe Liam thinks very highly of it, too. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tusk, Chinese Democracy, Journey Through The Secret Life of Plants, Be Here Now, The Second Coming, etc. all got there first.

I wasn’t alive when it was released so I don’t know whether it was disappointing, but whilst tusk ain’t the greatest Fleetwood Mac album it does still have some killer tracks: Sara, Sisters of the Moon, Storm and Tusk itself. If it was a huge disappointment its only relative to the previous album. I wouldn’t even say it was the most disappointing Fleetwood Mac album - the first album post Peter Green, kiln house, as a follow up to then play on surely is worse? 

Yeah I’ve been playing this all weekend and i’m loving it now. Think initially I just didn’t connect with the strange song titles (parts I and II etc), and the strange ordering and placement of the tracks, but now I’m used to those I’m all in with it now.
Can’t wait to see some of them live added to their already incredible setlist. 

I'm a staunch believer in listening to albums in full, as they have been created.

That being said, I recommend playing WE with the Prelude and End of the Empire moved between Unconditional and the title track. A massive improvement for me, the first 2/3s obviously just bops along and then it closes out calmly.

I can only remember trying this once before, which was shifting Roman Holiday somewhere later on in IAETF, as that also seemed to fall in a strange early place and slowed things down.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Man, its such a grower. As all their finest work, it starts good and then gets better. From 8/10 album to a 9 by now for me. Cannot wait to see it live 

Ditto...I loved it initially, even more so now. I'd go as far as saying I think it's their most consistent effort since Funeral/Neon Bible, helped in no small measure by its brevity, there's just no filler on it (well, 30 seconds of it...I love Suburbs and Reflektor, but they could be slimmed down just a bit)...Can't wait to see it live too, hopefully will get my Dublin ticket in the morning...might have to add a trip to Berlin in as well!

12 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Ditto...I loved it initially, even more so now. I'd go as far as saying I think it's their most consistent effort since Funeral/Neon Bible, helped in no small measure by its brevity, there's just no filler on it (well, 30 seconds of it...I love Suburbs and Reflektor, but they could be slimmed down just a bit)...Can't wait to see it live too, hopefully will get my Dublin ticket in the morning...might have to add a trip to Berlin in as well!

I really fancy doing one of the European dates too. Hoping for Manchester tickets tomorrow then Birmingham on Friday. Did 2 nights of the EN tour too. Got to try to make the most of it when they're on the road, they're too good not to.