Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

On 5/2/2022 at 6:11 PM, aidenlangan95 said:

I think the UK and Europe market was far stronger for the Everything Now tour compared to the US. 

A lot of the reports of half empty arenas was from the US. Saying that, they didn’t sell out any of the UK shows from what I remember.

I got my ticket to the last of the 3 Wembley dates late in the day. Wasn't sell out but was sure as shit busy. Though a 360 venue there with the end-stage hole did feel slightly strange. I guess I'd been used to seeing 360 dates at the O2 and still having seats behind the stage, whereas that venue is an exception on the UK arena scene.

7 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Ad on Instagram:

38864697-6C2A-47E1-96A1-9C50249B7E1B.jpeg

The Hydro is free 5th-7th September and busy either side of that, so Birmingham on the 2nd, Glasgow during that gap and Manchester in between makes sense. I'll be away the week after that so fingers crossed it is during that gap.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

The Hydro is free 5th-7th September and busy either side of that, so Birmingham on the 2nd, Glasgow during that gap and Manchester in between makes sense. I'll be away the week after that so fingers crossed it is during that gap.

Thatd be good, as it will mean it doesnt clash with EOTR!

4 minutes ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Just caught the end of an interview with Win and Regine on Newsnight. Alas, no talk of tour dates or secret sets at Glastonbury.

Unsurprising. Tour dates next week I'm guessing and didn't expect a secret seat tease until the festival itself.

On first few listens, the album’s not the total home run I’m sure a lot of us were hoping for or, imo, ever really reaches the highs of their past work, but it’s a couple of notches up from EN at least. Unfortunately a lot of the lyrical shortcomings from that album have held over, and the album largely runs at quite a slow/MOR pace which puts the lyrics front and centre a lot of the time. Hopefully some of it will be a grower over time, but classic AF it ain’t.

Well, I’ve never listened to an AF album and not at least liked it very much. Way too early to tell how it ranks with the others (and yeah there is generally a rule of slightly diminishing returns) but I definitely enjoyed every track. 

I’d generally take epic drums, synths or strings over strong lyrics so if that isn’t as good as other albums it didn’t affect me. It doesn’t (yet) have a clear absolute banger which I’d think of as highlight of their live set… but several that could be once they are developed over a tour.

It’s a Friday and there is a new Arcade Fire Album - I’m happy.

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

They're my favourite band but this isn't doing it for me so far. It all works together but something isn't clicking. 

I’m getting very concerned with the trajectory of this band after everything now and this. It’s like they’ve run out of ideas and only know how to do Arcade Fire by the numbers. The creativity of the first few releases isn’t there anymore.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m getting very concerned with the trajectory of this band after everything now and this. It’s like they’ve run out of ideas and only know how to do Arcade Fire by the numbers. The creativity of the first few releases isn’t there anymore.

See I liked Everything Now but I don't go back and listen to it the same as the first four.

They lost me on this one at End of the Empire. They really needed a great record to have me justify the cost of their upcoming tour tickets.

• Upvote 1