Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What a gig that was!! So privileged to have been a part of it. 

Koko looks incredible. Art deco themed throughout, you can see where the (supposed) £70 million has been spent. 

Pricey AF, even for London. £3 to put your coat in and £7.30 for a pint of Guinness. 

There was no support act as such, but there was a gent on a piano playing classical tunes for a good 90 minutes beforehand. 

Crowd were really up for it. Band were on fine form, although not perfect, there were a few missed lyrics here and there, not that it mattered. 

The new songs sound incredible, actually thought the tracks from Everything Now came across best overall. 

If we get a secret set at Glasto, it’ll be the set of the weekend, no doubt. 

Sounds good to me my friend, apart from the £7.30 Guinness. Disgrace. Stop making me feel confident about a secret set.

Just now, aidenlangan95 said:

First thing: excellent show; possibly one of the best I’ve been to, if not the best. Brilliant crowd; band on fine form.

Also, they were doing special custom spray painted t-shirts at the show too.

Looks like it should be a t-shirt for a 2022 London Olympics or something.

Bit of a shame that the stream / mixing sounds like it was poor - I suspect most of those leaving Koko tonight would've thought that was an all time classic gig - absolutely exceptional.

Energy in the room was top draw - if you ignored the some of the band's kids (I assume) in the royal box who looked bored out of their minds lmao. 

The Reflekor / Everything Now songs in particular gave a very good showing - Win saying "fuck the haters" during Everything Now got a very good reaction.

(And the new Koko is very very shiny! Almost all the staff were buzzing to be kicking off which I think genuinely contributed to the overall vibe too. Although did get charged 14.20 for two pints of Asahi... and then 12 quid for the second round which suddenly felt relatively palatable!)

Unbelievably great gig, don't really know where to start. 

Setlist was great, only really missing Haiti & Power out. My body is a cage & creature comforts both blew me away. Age of Anxiety was the icing of the cake. Can't wait for the new album now. Also thought the standing crowd were on top form. 

Win telling the crowd to shush was quite funny, don't think he realised that the Koko bar is only 10 metres further back than the sound desk so was bound to be some background noise (albeit was quite loud). You don't have this problem in Arenas. 

£6 Pint of Peroni wasn't that bad for London either. 

6 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Hold on they now sell pints at Koko this is a revelation, it used to be overpriced cans of red stripe only from memory 

I was out last night, is the gig available to watch back?

Pretty decent selection of beers now tbh. 

Great little venue. 

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Hold on they now sell pints at Koko this is a revelation, it used to be overpriced cans of red stripe only from memory 

I was out last night, is the gig available to watch back?

I miss the Red Stripe to be honest, there are so few bars that sell it.

That last song they played was fucking phenomenal, I can’t wait for the new album.

Just now, ModernMan said:

Just caught up on that 😍 are we actually saying there’s a secret set chance?

I mean there’s always a chance until they are officially ruled out. 

At this stage we can point to the fact they are doing small gigs and also did an early “secret” set at Coachella as evidence in favour. 

Couple that with a love for the UK and history with the festival and you have decent case. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Anybody that was there got phone clips of second encore? Not watched the stream a second time yet, but imagine it’s missing. The review in the Independent says it was a highlight, like the poster further up this thread.

Win asked specifically for nobody to record it, although I’m sure somebody must have sneakily done it

• Upvote 1