Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Any news on what time they are on stage? 

Guessing 9ish but could it be earlier if there’s no supports? 

Stream being at 9 def means thats when they go on. Are doors listed as 7pm? 2 hours lead up is about right. Let people get in, booze up and get ready to party.

Has anyone rang the venue to see if there's no support band and what time Arcade Fire are on?

I always have the same problem with gigs in Camden and I can never decide where to go for pre-gig drinks. The Lyttelton Arms across the road will be rammned, could do Belushis for happy hour but I'd probably want beer more than cocktails, Dublin Castle is more somewhere to go after the gig, Lock Tavern is more of a walk than I'd like, World’s End is easy for people to find but a bit boring, could do Black Heart but Desertfest is on tonight, fuck going to Spoons...

4 minutes ago, jump said:

Has anyone rang the venue to see if there's no support band and what time Arcade Fire are on?

I always have the same problem with gigs in Camden and I can never decide where to go for pre-gig drinks. The Lyttelton Arms across the road will be rammned, could do Belushis for happy hour but I'd probably want beer more than cocktails, Dublin Castle is more somewhere to go after the gig, Lock Tavern is more of a walk than I'd like, World’s End is easy for people to find but a bit boring, could do Black Heart but Desertfest is on tonight, fuck going to Spoons...

Think it's safe to assume it's 9pm unless Twitch want to be streaming the refurbished curtains. Not sure about Support.

Also having this issue with pubs. World's End always easy pre gig. 

50 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Think it's safe to assume it's 9pm unless Twitch want to be streaming the refurbished curtains. Not sure about Support.

Also having this issue with pubs. World's End always easy pre gig. 

Normally for me too as it's easy for everyone to meet up as The World's End is so close to Camden Town station but as it's at Koko the nearest station is Mornington Crescent rather than Camden Town.

It's a shame Purple Turtle isn't open anymore as that was where I use to go for pre-Koko gig drinks. The last few times it's been The Lyttelton Arms however it's too packed in there before a gig especially with it being a Friday. I may give Belushis a try it's not as packed as other places and I can get hammered during happy hour.

Edited by jump

49 minutes ago, jump said:

Euston Tap then hop on a tube to Camden.

39 minutes ago, jump said:

Normally for me too as it's easy for everyone to meet up as The World's End is so close to Camden Town station but as it's at Koko the nearest station is Mornington Crescent rather than Camden Town.

It's a shame Purple Turtle isn't open anymore as that was where I use to go for pre-Koko gig drinks. The last few times it's been The Lyttelton Arms however it's too packed in there before a gig especially with it being a Friday. I may give Belushis a try it's not as packed as other places and I can get hammered during happy hour.

Didn't know Purple Turtle had closed, that's a bummer. Played there more than once.

So jealous of you lucky sods with tickets for tonight. Has the feel of a legendary gig about it.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Simmons does happy hour til 9, only 10 min walk. I'm so jealous of anyone going tonight, it's gonna be special

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

But watch the merch table. They had vinyl for sale.

I saw they've been selling The Lightning at the recent shows. It looks pretty limited, as I think they're just selling them in person, haven't seen them anywhere else. It's a picture disc and looks really great, and the cover is hand stamped with the WE logo.

If anyone going is going tonight, and is buying merch and could pick one up for me, if they're selling them, I'd be very grateful and I'd obviously pay the price of the vinyl and however much it costs to deliver + some more for buying it for me. If they're selling vinyl, I presume it'll just be The Lightning, but if they're selling Lookout Kid I'd be interested in that as well. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I saw they've been selling The Lightning at the recent shows. It looks pretty limited, as I think they're just selling them in person, haven't seen them anywhere else. It's a picture disc and looks really great, and the cover is hand stamped with the WE logo.

If anyone going is going tonight, and is buying merch and could pick one up for me, if they're selling them, I'd be very grateful and I'd obviously pay the price of the vinyl and however much it costs to deliver + some more for buying it for me. If they're selling vinyl, I presume it'll just be The Lightning, but if they're selling Lookout Kid I'd be interested in that as well. Thanks.

hate to jump on this but I'd second this on buying one of the 7 inches too

So do we still reckon there's a chance of them coming up north on the weekend, or do busy schedules dictate otherwise? 

They had to announce this show, with it being streamed etc, so that doesn't rule anything out.

Think I'll head to Manc on Sunday anyway, a few heads, including two Doves, spinning vinyl on the roof of Yes from the afternoon.

Just now, Simpo said:

So do we still reckon there's a chance of them coming up north on the weekend, or do busy schedules dictate otherwise? 

They had to announce this show, with it being streamed etc, so that doesn't rule anything out.

Think I'll head to Manc on Sunday anyway, a few heads, including two Doves, spinning vinyl on the roof of Yes from the afternoon.

I don't think so. It'd have to be a rapid turn around on an announcement, plus they're doing SNL next week, they probably want to get back practice a skit and whatever, and probably a bit of avoiding contact so they don't have to cancel SNL.

3 minutes ago, Simpo said:

If they do come up (which I don't think they will) it almost definitely won't be Manchester anyway. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Been keeping an eye on See all day just in case any extras are released for tonight.

Nothing doing sadly.

Been doing the same all week, even got notifications for every post on their subreddit just in case someone is selling! Obviously not meant to be but I'm sure the stream will be the next best thing 

Just now, theesundayroast said:

Been doing the same all week, even got notifications for every post on their subreddit just in case someone is selling! Obviously not meant to be but I'm sure the stream will be the next best thing 

That the gig isn't even listed on Twickets tells you a lot about where the tickets went.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

That the gig isn't even listed on Twickets tells you a lot about where the tickets went.

I could just about stomach missing out on pre sale as I knew that would be near impossible. General sale was another level though, still feels like they must've all been snapped up before they were even on sale.

Hopefully the supposed arena tour gets announced soon, not exactly the same as a miniscule KOKO though