Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They need to upload this set. I know Coachella keep their recordings after the livestream but this is an all time Arcade Fire set. They sound incredibly tight. 

When you consider the songs they’ve left out, it really was incredible!

really excited about the possibility of a similar set at the farm, hopefully longer!!

28 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Exceptional. Got the setlist perfect and every transition song-to-song or vibe-to-vibe landed. 

The transition from Powered Out to Rebellion lies is just perfect. Works every time!

5 minutes ago, blue6field said:

The transition from Powered Out to Rebellion lies is just perfect. Works every time!

Always a good set when they do that transition. I haven’t had the chance to watch the Coachella set yet but I’m looking forward to seeing it. It’s really exciting having them back, they’re the best live band around for me. I know it was criticised as an album but they were on incredible form during the Everything Now tour. They seem to be going about this album campaign in a better way too, playing smaller shows to get people excited again and not annoying people like the Everything Now promo stuff seemed to. For all they’re maybe not quite the size they once were, I think this album will go a long way to putting them back there. Their popularity might vary a bit at times but @Ddiamonddis spot on with his comparison.

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm not a huge fan of Lookout Kid as a single — it's a bit Starbucksy MOR for me on record, although mileage may vary — but from last night's evidence it carries beautifully on stage.

This has confused me, sorry, has it been released?

18 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I think festivals have done well this year as the holidaying aboard option was uncertain due to covid, as the picture is clearer expect the bump to be over. 

I expect a couple to sell out fast but the rest to struggle. 

I'm not sure - Reading/Leeds sold out in a day and I don't think a whole lot of people who booked that chose it instead of a holiday due to the age demographic, same with Boardmasters.

I think there will be a few more years of this and then it will calm down a bit.

I wonder if the cost of living crisis is helping festivals vs abroad holidays or hindering them.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Gonna be massively disappointed if we dont get a secret set. It'd be biblical.        

I'm not a massive Arcade Fire fan, but I'm no onboard the secret set hype train after listening to them more (again) over the last few days! 

8 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

To stretch the Talking Heads comparison to breaking point — it's really heartening to know that

a) AF still have it in them to pull out Road To Nowhere / Wild Wild Life-level late career bangers nearly 20 years in

b) Whatever intra-band friction led to Will's departure and EN's vague air of self-loathing has been mollified, rather than leading to their splintering. Not sure Win's solo career would be as vibrant as David's. They're better together.

I've seen AF many times and enjoy them a lot. However I think it's quite a stretch to compare them at all to Talking Heads. AF have much less "crossover" hits and they've also probably come over a shorter time frame - 8 years? The new song that I've heard sounds like an average tune is being disguised with a fair amount of bluster. 

1 hour ago, Johndenis said:

I've seen AF many times and enjoy them a lot. However I think it's quite a stretch to compare them at all to Talking Heads. AF have much less "crossover" hits and they've also probably come over a shorter time frame - 8 years? The new song that I've heard sounds like an average tune is being disguised with a fair amount of bluster. 

Talking Heads: 3

Arcade Fire: 2

However...and again, in my opinion, assuming the general public will only listen to the Radio 1 of their time...but Arcade Fire are just better. Their two mega hits are as good as Psycho Killer and Road to Nowhere and Once in a Lifetime, despite being big, is shit. It's their Everything Now. Arcade Fire's first three albums decide the war. They win.