Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, unodosseb said:

They’re now confirmed to be playing in Toronto on the 15th May, that surely affects the rumoured European run in May right?

They seem to be getting around quite quickly so probably not.

I wonder if they might drop a club date in Barcelona prior to Primavera as a thing to do with playing next year. I would say during the week between but it’d be shitty to the bands losing attendance from it.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They seem to be getting around quite quickly so probably not.

I wonder if they might drop a club date in Barcelona prior to Primavera as a thing to do with playing next year. I would say during the week between but it’d be shitty to the bands losing attendance from it.

That would be a pretty great replacement for the usual Wednesday opening night which isn't happening this year. Seems realistic too, the main venues Primavera are using for the midweek shows seem to be free on the Wednesday and it's pretty similar to what LCD did in 2016 and Win and the lads in 2017, albeit that one was on the main site.

A quick jaunt over from Toronto and then a run of European dates in late May/early June still seems possible.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That would be a pretty great replacement for the usual Wednesday opening night which isn't happening this year. Seems realistic too, the main venues Primavera are using for the midweek shows seem to be free on the Wednesday and it's pretty similar to what LCD did in 2016 and Win and the lads in 2017, albeit that one was on the main site.

A quick jaunt over from Toronto and then a run of European dates in late May/early June still seems possible.

Yeah. It’s a bit different to having a band already playing doing double duty but they’re all already doing double duty…

I would be surprised if they didn’t do small UK shows in May/June. Even without Ken’s info, it’s just something they do.

• 3 weeks later...

Win’s at Coachella which I’m guessing might mean a secret set there. With that and headlining Osheaga in July, a trip to Somerset in between for a go on the Park stage sounds about right to me.

Edit: Turns out they’re just playing an announced set in a small tent. Carly Rae Jepsen > Arcade Fire > Idles > Phoebe Bridgers > King Gizzard sounds like a great evening.

Edited by kingcrawler

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Win’s at Coachella which I’m guessing might mean a secret set there. With that and headlining Osheaga in July, a trip to Somerset in between for a go on the Park stage sounds about right to me.

Edit: Turns out they’re just playing an announced set in a small tent. Carly Rae Jepsen > Arcade Fire > Idles > Phoebe Bridgers > King Gizzard sounds like a great evening.

Them playing an announced set so low down is wild. I know Coachella may not be ‘their crowd’ these days, but still, how fucking cool would that be? And yeah, like you say, that run of acts is shit hot.

It'll be interesting to see what songs they play / drop for a one hour set? Anyone want to so a quick prediction of what an Arcade Fire secret set might look like? It'd be amazing to see them play Glastonbury, they'd be my highest must see of the whole weekend.

31 minutes ago, Miyn said:

It'll be interesting to see what songs they play / drop for a one hour set? Anyone want to so a quick prediction of what an Arcade Fire secret set might look like? It'd be amazing to see them play Glastonbury, they'd be my highest must see of the whole weekend.

For this weekend: 

The Lightning I
The Lightning II
Rebellion 
Generation A 
No Cars Go
Age of Anxiety II
Afterlife 
Reflektor 
Everything Now
Sprawl II 
Wake Up

Glasto would be a bit different I guess as the album would be out by then 

36 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Better fit  there than when they headlined IOW to a rapidly emptying arena. Pretty sure most people hadn’t got a clue who they were.

I think they'd be unlikely to play Latitude as their booking strategy seems to have changed in the past few years. In 2017 and 2018 they spent a lot of the budget on one headliner, and got two cheaper ones. They booked Mumfords in '17 and The Killers in '18 which is a pretty decent get, which they seemed to agree with, as they billed them higher than any act on the bill. But in the past few years they've seemed to spread the money out over all three. They're targeting acts that are around the Pyramid sub or Other headline level, e.g. George Ezra, Lana Del Rey, Liam Gallagher, Chemical Brothers, Foals etc. So I think they'd be out of their budget or too big to play. I'd love to see it as I think Latitude is great in many ways, but I don't see it happening. They'd be fantastic as a secret set this year.

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

For this weekend: 

The Lightning I
The Lightning II
Rebellion 
Generation A 
No Cars Go
Age of Anxiety II
Afterlife 
Reflektor 
Everything Now
Sprawl II 
Wake Up

Glasto would be a bit different I guess as the album would be out by then 

I'm convinced that Arcade Fire have one of the best greatest hits set of all time. It would feel odd to drop The Suburbs and Ready To Start, but other than Generation A there's no songs that I'd consider droppable of that setlist. If you add in them wanting to promote their new record it's going to be even more chaotic. They really need more than an hour, they've got way too many great songs to fit in. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Weird how once a week Matt seems to come along with his “Arcade Fire aren’t very big” schtick.

You can smell the desperation for a row about it.

I interpreted 4th down JP as an idea of placement for a secret (or special as they've actually been announced for Coachella) set, 4th down announced normally would be crazy even by Matt's standards.

15 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I'm convinced that Arcade Fire have one of the best greatest hits set of all time. It would feel odd to drop The Suburbs and Ready To Start, but other than Generation A there's no songs that I'd consider droppable of that setlist. If you add in them wanting to promote their new record it's going to be even more chaotic. They really need more than an hour, they've got way too many great songs to fit in. 

To be honest I don’t think it would change a lot once the album is out. Generation A would probably go out for (Rabbit Hole) and then maaaaybe Afterlife would go for another new one. 

You obviously have to leave time for the jazz conga over to the ribbon tower as well!