Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

On 3/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, mcshed said:

I used to live in Bristol and the Academy there is nowhere near as bad as the Edinburgh Corn Exchange, truly the worst venue in the country.

My only experience of Edinburgh Corn Exchange is none other than Arcade Fire 2017. Decent venue, nothing remarkable but nothing problematic, either. Maybe the ceiling a bit too low, as somebody pointed out here. Other than that, it’s okay for me.

Victoria Warehouse Manchester is indeed horrible — saw PJ Harvey 2017 there, never been back since.

Even worse was Warehouse Project near Piccadilly Station where I attended a New Order gig in 2015. A literally ‘disaster waiting to happen’ situation arising there, a miracle no one was reported dead.

Oh Manchester so much to answer for...as compared with these two shitholes, believe me, Edinburgh Corn Exchange is Heaven.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

My only experience of Edinburgh Corn Exchange is none other than Arcade Fire 2017. Decent venue, nothing remarkable but nothing problematic, either. Maybe the ceiling a bit too low, as somebody pointed out here. Other than that, it’s okay for me.

Victoria Warehouse Manchester is indeed horrible — saw PJ Harvey 2017 there, never been back since.

Even worse was Warehouse Project near Piccadilly Station where I attended a New Order gig in 2015. A literally ‘disaster waiting to happen’ situation arising there, a miracle no one was reported dead.

Oh Manchester so much to answer for...as compared with these two shitholes, believe me, Edinburgh Corn Exchange is Heaven.

WHP is great, just over sold. Having been to both loads of times, it is better than Corn Exchange in pretty much every conceivable way? 

32 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

WHP is great, just over sold. Having been to both loads of times, it is better than Corn Exchange in pretty much every conceivable way? 

I mean, worse. WHP over sold, yes, definitely.

As regards how terrible the situation of New Order at the WHP — click the link below.

http://forums.neworderonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3220#post21834

25 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

I mean, worse. WHP over sold, yes, definitely.

As regards how terrible the situation of New Order at the WHP — click the link below.

http://forums.neworderonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3220#post21834

I’ve exclusively been there for raves tbf unsure what it’s like for a normal band.

corn exchange sucks for both.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That was my first & last gig there. Must have been 25% of the crowd couldn't see anything at all. I'm not returning no matter who's playing...

WHP just isn’t designed for bands and I don’t know why they keep putting them on, it’s fine with a DJ when seeing the stage isn’t essential and a really good venue if you want to dance but the design is all wrong for bands. The same is true to a lesser extent for Village Underground in London, it has a massive space by the bar where you can’t see the band but if you are dancing until 4am it’s a great venue 

WHP has also been at several different venues over the past few years. LCD Soundsystem was at Store Street which (I think) they never use anymore. Most of the events are at Mayfield Depot now, with some being at other venues (such as Victoria Warehouse).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

WHP has also been at several different venues over the past few years. LCD Soundsystem was at Store Street which (I think) they never use anymore. Most of the events are at Mayfield Depot now, with some being at other venues (such as Victoria Warehouse).

New Order was in Store Street tbf. Underworld were as well and that was GOATed too. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

New Order was in Store Street tbf. Underworld were as well and that was GOATed too. 

Yeah I assumed New Order was Store Street. That’s kinda what I’m saying, it’s not even held in the venue people seem to be complaining about any more!

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Store Street was ace, Franz Ferdinand did a guest slot there once as part of an Erol Alkan night.

I remember that OG site at the old Boddingtons Brewery, that was the best venue of the lot.

Saw Erol there a couple of times myself. Don’t remember ever seeing Franz Ferdinand but I wasn’t often at my most observant during those heady nights. If I close my eyes I can almost taste that strange sour dew of powder laced perspiration and spilled drinks that hung in the air. Ahhhh. Nostalgia eh?

Edited by mattiloy

On 3/21/2022 at 9:29 PM, mattiloy said:

Saw Erol there a couple of times myself. Don’t remember ever seeing Franz Ferdinand but I wasn’t often at my most observant during those heady nights. If I close my eyes I can almost taste that strange sour dew of powder laced perspiration and spilled drinks that hung in the air. Ahhhh. Nostalgia eh?

Yikes! It was 2008! Now I feel ancient!

https://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Franz-Ferdinand-Announced-as-Special-Guest/2946/