Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

52 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Gorilla is comfortably the worst of the main venues in Manchester. I don’t think they’d play there and if they did I’d obviously be flogging my kidneys to go, but it would be an annoying dab down when the Albert Hall is round the corner and was purpose built for them. 

They need to play The Golden Lion in Todmorden. 

Wash your mouth out with soap. It's my favourite venue. Although to be fair, I've never been to Albert Hall or the Deaf Institute, which I hear are great.

Still a million times better than Night+Day on the smaller side or the arena. I do like Apollo, but I bloody love Gorilla. Possibly the best gig of my life seeing Hot Chip.

The sound at Gorilla isn't great at the front. As the speakers are positioned about a foot in front of the stage into the crowd, it means you can be either behind or in line with the speakers, so you can't hear the vocals that well. But it's only really a problem if you're at the front, otherwise it's a good venue. thewonderwhy has obviously never been to the Victoria Warehouse.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Lived in Manchester for ten years, but it seems all the best venues have opened after I left - Albert Hall, Gorilla, yes, Islington Mill…

I did go to see Chic at the WHP at Victoria Warehouse a few years ago and it was comfortably the worst venue I’ve ever been to

I see you’ve never been to Bristol Academy then. Genuinely so bad it puts me off seeing any gigs there. 

Lived in Manchester a while ago and I’m always envious of the venues you guys have up there. Shout out to the Ritz too which I’ve always found to be good. 

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I see you’ve never been to Bristol Academy then. Genuinely so bad it puts me off seeing any gigs there. 

Amen!!!!

Wolf Alice a few weeks back was the final straw.

Hopefully bands realise Marble Factory is better or just wait for SWX to re-open.

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Lived in Manchester a while ago and I’m always envious of the venues you guys have up there. Shout out to the Ritz too which I’ve always found to be good. 

Yeah when I lived up that way there weren’t half the venues they have now.

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

I used to live in Bristol and the Academy there is nowhere near as bad as the Edinburgh Corn Exchange, truly the worst venue in the country.

I love how The Lightning II gradually gets faster as it goes on.

They did the same thing on the best Album 1, Track 1 in music history, Tunnels, which is part of why you get the dopamine rush at the magic parts of the song.

Of course, they're known for big tempo changes, like in Wake Up, but this is more subtle.

(edit: I don't just mean The Lightning II is faster than The Lightning I either 😄 )

Fun way to really drive home that forward motion feeling the song has.

Edited by Simpo

2 hours ago, OCarter said:

Amen!!!!

Wolf Alice a few weeks back was the final straw.

Hopefully bands realise Marble Factory is better or just wait for SWX to re-open.

Also had the same issue at Wolf Alice too. Got in before the support finished and was stuck under a staircase for the entire gig. Shite venue. 

17 hours ago, lighthouse said:

This is a bit similar to the 2013 tour where they played tiny places as The Reflektors. 

It reminds me of R.E.M also, who would play small venues under entertaining names (the most well known alter-ego for R.E.M was called Bingo Handjob) to try out new material live.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

It reminds me of R.E.M also, who would play small venues under entertaining names (the most well known alter-ego for R.E.M was called Bingo Handjob) to try out new material live.

Dozens of dudes showing up and being disappointed to find out it's an R.E.M concert.

• Like 1