Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

• 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Dreamy, although I'd probably be a lot more excited by the prospect of this if the dip in quality after those ten songs wouldn't be so incredibly apparent.

Just another two/three years until we hear album #6 and can establish whether Arcade Fire have completely lost it or not...

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Dreamy, although I'd probably be a lot more excited by the prospect of this if the dip in quality after those ten songs wouldn't be so incredibly apparent.

Just another two/three years until we hear album #6 and can establish whether Arcade Fire have completely lost it or not...

I can save you the wait. They haven’t! 

Their live show is still one of the best out there. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I can save you the wait. They haven’t! 

Their live show is still one of the best out there. 

Yeah I'm probably being unfair as I know from experience that they're still a tour-de-force live. It's just a shame that their setlists are gonna get more and more clogged up with so-so new material until they become a nostalgia act and stick to mainly old/good stuff. Although after seeing that setlist, maybe they're closer to that point than I think.

But ignore me - I've become incredibly cynical in regards to Arcade Fire after being so disappointed by Everything Now. They're really not that bad I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Simpo said:

They've played such a variety of rare songs this year. Just checked, 50 in total, plus 9 covers. Well played AF. 

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/arcade-fire-6bd6ae92.html?year=2018

Gah. Despite seeing them a dozen times I've never seen Month of May live and I have a bee in my bonnet about it.  I consoled myself by thinking that the NEVER play it. Then they did in Prague this year. Should have gone to Prague.  Been meaning to do that anyway.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:03 PM, karaseen said:

Gah. Despite seeing them a dozen times I've never seen Month of May live and I have a bee in my bonnet about it.  I consoled myself by thinking that the NEVER play it. Then they did in Prague this year. Should have gone to Prague.  Been meaning to do that anyway.

Played it at Reading 2010, banging tune!

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

As others have said they're still phenomenal live, the Castlefield gig last year was the best I've seen them, but the albums are coming in to increasingly diminishing returns.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Same with all major bands after they reach a certain point.

In fairness, they haven't (yet) dropped off as badly as most bands do...