Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Yeah, Sunday was fucking great! Couldn't believe it when they started Vampire/Forest Fire. Good on em for throwing a couple of rare songs in. Also really enjoyed Put Your Money On Me and Electric Blue as songs I hadn't seen them do before. And towards the end my sparkly be-hatted head was turning everywhere as Win and Regine wandered behind me! :D

According to this I've seen them do 38 of their own songs now, plus two (continued)s and a Ramones cover. I'm not ranking the gigs because they were all bloody ace

https://www.setlist.fm/songs/Simpo?artist=6bd6ae92

11 hours ago, Simpo said:

Yeah, Sunday was fucking great! Couldn't believe it when they started Vampire/Forest Fire. Good on em for throwing a couple of rare songs in. Also really enjoyed Put Your Money On Me and Electric Blue as songs I hadn't seen them do before. And towards the end my sparkly be-hatted head was turning everywhere as Win and Regine wandered behind me! :D

According to this I've seen them do 38 of their own songs now, plus two (continued)s and a Ramones cover. I'm not ranking the gigs because they were all bloody ace

https://www.setlist.fm/songs/Simpo?artist=6bd6ae92

I didn't know you could get these stats on setlist.fm, very cool thanks

15 hours ago, The Gentleman Rhymer said:

Any decent pubs in the wembley area for pre-gig?

None that I have ever found. Wembley arena is like a black hole for decent drinks. We usually drink around baker street area then get the tube up.

Just remembered I'll finally be seeing Electric Blue live! Going to burst with all my Regine love :D

• Like 1

Going tomorrow. Can't wait.

Best read the entry policy for Wembley Arena if you're going - no larger bags/cloakroom/exit for smoking, which all seems a little ridiculous - https://www.ssearena.co.uk/events/detail/arcade-fire-1/

Think this will be the 13th time seeing them - best 5: Sc**thorpe, York Hall, Glastonbury 2007, Leadmill, Glastonbury 2014

Edited by fingers_mark

Sunday performance wise was great. Shame it wasn't full.

I must say that the crowd were not up to it though. Arcade fire are a sing a long band... the crowd interaction was minimal especially near me. I was on the floor and they walked within touching difference as they entered and exited.

They came on at 8.45pm (well it took them another good 5 mins or so, maybe longer to get from where they came in from - to starting Everything Now.

Finished approx. 10.50pm

Castlefield Bowl was special - Sunday was just a great gig, if that makes sense.

Attempting a ranking then;

1 Empress Ballroom, Blackpool (2013) as The Reflektors

2 Castlefield Bowl (2017)

3 Leeds Festival (2005 I think)

4 Manchester Arena (2018)

5 Glastonbury (2014)

6 Hyde Park (2011)

7 Manchester Arena (2011)

8 Leeds Festival (2010)

9 Leeds Festival (2007)

5-8 could vary on my thinking that day, 9th is a time I can barely remember which is a pity as I was massively looking forward to them. Probably not helped by the red hot chili peppers being on after them and being absolutely terrible.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sunday performance wise was great. Shame it wasn't full.

I must say that the crowd were not up to it though. Arcade fire are a sing a long band... the crowd interaction was minimal especially near me. I was on the floor and they walked within touching difference as they entered and exited.

They came on at 8.45pm (well it took them another good 5 mins or so, maybe longer to get from where they came in from - to starting Everything Now.

Finished approx. 10.50pm

Castlefield Bowl was special - Sunday was just a great gig, if that makes sense.

Both the Castlefield show and Sunday's show the crowd interaction was crap where I started standing, and was vastly better once I moved and found a big group of people having a dance and a sing to every song and it mades a huge difference.

I think the show and setlist were better at the arena, but Castlefield did have something special.

• Upvote 1

I think the high prices must have an effect, less younger fans who are full of energy to sing and dance throughout and more older fans who might just want to watch, listen, and appreciate the band. Probably unfair generalisations and possibly just their demographic, but I saw very few people who looked younger than 25 and the ones I did see were all very lively.

15 minutes ago, Dan R said:

I think the high prices must have an effect, less younger fans who are full of energy to sing and dance throughout and more older fans who might just want to watch, listen, and appreciate the band. Probably unfair generalisations and possibly just their demographic, but I saw very few people who looked younger than 25 and the ones I did see were all very lively.

I don't think it's the prices that are keeping teenagers at bay, when it costs £40 to see The Hunna and £30 for Brockhampton. It's just the reality that they're a dad band nowadays and have just about lost that 'cool to like' element too.

That was special. Just a non-stop party from start to finish. 

The crowd where I was standing was great, big sing-a-longs and everyone dancing. 

We were stood in an amazing spot, Win and Regine walked right by us several times when they did their bit in the crowd. 

(For anyone going to Wembley tonight, if you stand at the back of the “round” to the left there is a walkway marked out on the floor in bright pink tape).

The new songs sound great live, especially Creature Comfort. Not sure they stand up to the rest of the set though, PYMOM probably the weakest point. 

Great gig though. One of the best I’ve been to. 

D4B6EA38-463D-4CB3-B36F-055E85F3A9B4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

They were great yesterday. New songs were really good (they didn't play either of the rubbish ones from the album) and I disagree that Put Your Money On Me was a weak point. Loved all the lights and the in the round set up. Their entrance was a nice surprise too, as it was the same part of the crowd I was already stood in.

I can't complain as it did make for a more enjoyable sold out gig than most, but definitely feel they could have sold way more standing tickets than they did. There was loads of space in the crowd, found it easy to get fairly close to the stage and in/out to the bar and toilets throughout the set.

And no, they didn't check IDs at all - just scanned the ticket and let you in. If I'd known that in advance I'd have sold both tickets rather than just my spare, but really glad I didn't.