Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

17 minutes ago, Vacant0 said:

Anyone who has been to one of the shows already - how strict has the ticket checking been?

I've got 2 tickets for the Wednesday in London this week, but no longer sure I can definitely go. Due to the valid photo ID requirement in the terms & conditions, they can't be listed for resale on Twickets. Scarletmist seems to allow it - but wondering how big of a risk it would be in doing so?

I asked a couple of people on Twitter who are already at tonight's gig if they were IDd on the way in and they weren't. One of them told me that security told them that it's not venue policy and so they weren't enforcing it.

As a result I'm headed down now to see if any touts will sell me a cheap ticket last minute.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Got myself a £65 seat for £30. They really are a one of a kind band. Absolutely brilliant.

As if we had the cheek to bottle a 2 goal lead yesterday in front of them though.

Glad you got in. Was there no mention of the name on ticket thing ?

18 minutes ago, Retro P said:

No headlights, rococco and two others that they’ve played in this tour. Still best live act around and top night. 

That's a bit of a negative view to take about the setlist. :P

Nobody else this tour has had Suburban War or Vampire/Forest Fire. I'd never actually heard the latter to my shame cos I've never got round to their EP. It was good though. 

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure Reflektor is the best song of the decade so far. Just blows me away every time I hear it. 

Just now, Comfy Bean said:

Glad you got in. Was there no mention of the name on ticket thing ?

Nah he just scanned it and I went straight in, he didn't even look at the name. It was the same with Gorillaz there back in December and that was said to be ID on entry too.

It might be different at each venue. But I really can't see it. The amount of people they'd be turning away would be ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

That's a bit of a negative view to take about the setlist. :P

Nobody else this tour has had Suburban War or Vampire/Forest Fire. I'd never actually heard the latter to my shame cos I've never got round to their EP. It was good though. 

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure Reflektor is the best song of the decade so far. Just blows me away every time I hear it. 

Not negative at all, I’m glad you mentioned Surburban War as that is easily my favourite track by them. Just had myself hyped up to hear Headlights look like diamonds as have never heard it live. Afterlife is still something else live. I can’t complain at all upon reflection. Absolutely fantastic gig but shittily missed my train, hello ridiculously priced taxi. 

8 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Not negative at all, I’m glad you mentioned Surburban War as that is easily my favourite track by them. Just had myself hyped up to hear Headlights look like diamonds as have never heard it live. Afterlife is still something else live. I can’t complain at all upon reflection. Absolutely fantastic gig but shittily missed my train, hello ridiculously priced taxi. 

Yeah that's fair enough mate. I just meant we got rarities so still a cool/special setlist! I was listening to Headlights Look Like Diamonds on the walk there cos I saw it mentioned on here they were playing it, that was good too so I really need to get on that EP. Better late than never!

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Yeah that's fair enough mate. I just meant we got rarities so still a cool/special setlist! I was listening to Headlights Look Like Diamonds on the walk there cos I saw it mentioned on here they were playing it, that was good too so I really need to get on that EP. Better late than never!

The funny thing is I was singing one line to Surburban War all day (my old friends) to the missus and didn’t expect to hear it so took it for granted and went nuts when it came on. Hadn’t realised it hasn’t had much airing lately so that’s made my night more now. I’m like you I’m not that familiar with the EP and have only become more fond of headlights recently. 

Just got back in from tonight at Manchester and I can confirm they were on absolute stellar form. Huge fan of the 'in the round' style set up having been a bit sceptical about the idea before going, but it just worked so well. Fantastic show from start to finish. I was in the standing area, but from where I was it looked as if they had the majority of those seated up on their feet within about 5 minutes. Cracking night. 

Tonight was outstanding. What a band. Suburban War is one of my favourites so was delighted that got an outing. The intense fog during Creature Comfort / Power Out was unlike anything I've experienced at a gig before - couldn't even see the people stood next to me!

Castlefield and tonight more than makes up for the lack of Reflektor shows round here.

7 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

The intense fog during Creature Comfort / Power Out was unlike anything I've experienced at a gig before - couldn't even see the people stood next to me!

Glad that is a 'thing' - I did wonder if it was actually meant to be that full-on during Friday's set, and someone had overcooked it!  It worked so well.

Shame you didn't get to see 'My Body Is A Cage' - the lights making up the cage bars, perectly framing Win while he sang it so emotively is another highlight.

EDIT - Found some shots we took during MBIAC but they don't really do the live performance justice:

1nOcj0F.jpg

Edited by MoilyX

The band were absolutely incredible, and considering how many songs they have to miss these days I couldn't ask for more from the setlist.

The venue did seem to mess up the standing entrances though. First half I was in the side win and refine mainly faced which most people were sheparded into and it was packed. I decided to move round but there was only one entrance to the other side and it was so sparse! I wasn't complaining, got right to the front and had loads of room to dance, plus win and regine kept on coming into the crowd with us.

8 hours ago, Odessa said:

Nah he just scanned it and I went straight in, he didn't even look at the name. It was the same with Gorillaz there back in December and that was said to be ID on entry too.

It might be different at each venue. But I really can't see it. The amount of people they'd be turning away would be ridiculous. 

Nice one. Cheers.

2 hours ago, MoilyX said:

Glad that is a 'thing' - I did wonder if it was actually meant to be that full-on during Friday's set, and someone had overcooked it!  It worked so well.

Shame you didn't get to see 'My Body Is A Cage' - the lights making up the cage bars, perectly framing Win while he sang it so emotively is another highlight.

EDIT - Found some shots we took during MBIAC but they don't really do the live performance justice:

1nOcj0F.jpg

I think they did something similar at Castlefield. I don't remember the song, but I remember a moment that seemed more Spinal Tap than deliberate.

8 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Has anyone got down for Preservation Hall Jazz Band? It's unlikely I'll get to Wembley early enough to see them (or their whole set at least) but they sound a lot of fun on record, especially that collab with Nathaniel Rateliff. 

I missed their set but they played with Arcade Fire as they walked out, and that alone was great fun and made me regret missing them.

3 hours ago, MoilyX said:

1nOcj0F.jpg

Nice shot - they used that 'cage' lighting for one of the other songs... cant remember which. And yeah, I wasn't sure whether the smoke machines had exploded! Not sure what it was like in the seats, but the standing area was a complete white out for a good 10 mins.

35 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Has anyone got down for Preservation Hall Jazz Band? It's unlikely I'll get to Wembley early enough to see them (or their whole set at least) but they sound a lot of fun on record, especially that collab with Nathaniel Rateliff. 

Got down early for a good spot on Win/Regine's side and they were a lot of fun. Good vibes in the crowd. Got a big applause when they reappeared.

Well, we were indeed on our own, the only two people in block 216. Even the security people were a bit shocked when they checked our tickets and found that they were our seats. Made for a great night, no having to move for people etc. Surprised at how many people remained seated throughout. We were dancing all the way through the gig, which was fantastic. 

2 hours ago, Dan R said:

The venue did seem to mess up the standing entrances though. First half I was in the side win and refine mainly faced which most people were sheparded into and it was packed. I decided to move round but there was only one entrance to the other side and it was so sparse! I wasn't complaining, got right to the front and had loads of room to dance, plus win and regine kept on coming into the crowd with us.

I believe the standing entrances are always the same at the arena, and designed for a usual stage layout. Also, when the support band came on and only faced the one side, everyone from the other sides all moved around to watch them, and probably stayed for the duration. Win's main mike is on that side too so it did kind of feel like that was the stage front. But like you say, the other sides get all the crowd action.

35 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Yeah, they were a lot of fun. Top musicians and showmen.

Arcade Fire were outstanding once again. The stage setup and effects were on point. If that’s the last arena show they do in this town then they’ve sent it off spectacularly.