Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

The Suburbs

Funeral

Neon bible

Reflektor

Everything Now 

Really enjoyed EN but the top 2 albums specifically are two of the most perfect records that have ever been recorded. I cannot fault either. But the burbs continues to smash me right in the feels every time I play it. 

Edited by T-Mouse
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The correct order is also the order they were released.

Correct.

I hope the next album can just be an album and not be a whole gimmicky campaign. I get that acts of their size have all this money to promote their albums in weird and wonderful ways, but that all doesn't mean diddly squat when the songs just aren't very good, and about half of EN just seemed like they were hammering the whole 'concept' a little too much at the expense of good songwriting.

Or maybe they, like many great bands before them, have just lost it. They've created one of the greatest albums of the 21st century, as well as two pretty fantastic albums and one good (but bloated) album before this one so can't be too mad if they've run out of steam. Even though they seem to have missed exactly why people weren't happy with EN, maybe it'll spur them on to do better next time 'round, and if not... ah well, they had a good run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Correct.

I hope the next album can just be an album and not be a whole gimmicky campaign. I get that acts of their size have all this money to promote their albums in weird and wonderful ways, but that all doesn't mean diddly squat when the songs just aren't very good, and about half of EN just seemed like they were hammering the whole 'concept' a little too much at the expense of good songwriting.

Or maybe they, like many great bands before them, have just lost it. They've created one of the greatest albums of the 21st century, as well as two pretty fantastic albums and one good (but bloated) album before this one so can't be too mad if they've run out of steam. Even though they seem to have missed exactly why people weren't happy with EN, maybe it'll spur them on to do better next time 'round, and if not... ah well, they had a good run.

Tbh I think this attitude that views the whole Everything Now thing as a gimmick rather than a conceptual project might be what's stopping people from appreciating it as what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Tbh I think this attitude that views the whole Everything Now thing as a gimmick rather than a conceptual project might be what's stopping people from appreciating it as what it is. 

The whole concept is pretty weak though, and it's execution lame. I'm all for a concept album if that concept is carried out well, but the whole Everything Now Corp thing fell pretty flat and wasn't at all engrossing, and seemed most apparent in the shit songs on the album to boot. I know their earlier albums have all had a kind of concept surrounding them but I just think with this one they let it overshadow the music. Or, as I say, maybe they're just not that good anymore. We'll see.

5 minutes ago, Rylbld9 said:

London on the 11th.  Had no email at all saying they've been sent yet.

Nope, my tickets for London 11th haven't arrived yet either. If you log in to Ticketmaster, it says they are being sent out in batches at the moment and not to worry until 5 days before.

On 3/31/2018 at 9:22 AM, T-Mouse said:

The Suburbs

Funeral

Neon bible

Reflektor

Everything Now 

Really enjoyed EN but the top 2 albums specifically are two of the most perfect records that have ever been recorded. I cannot fault either. But the burbs continues to smash me right in the feels every time I play it. 

The correct order is:

Death
Religion
Disposable society
Er, The suburbs
No idea - things that, er, reflekt?

7 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Albums 1- 4; lyrical themes are largely personal. EN; theme is everybody else is a sheep and Win is a god for sussing out the matrix.

Bad reading, the lyrical themes of Arcade Fire have always rested on tensions between personal pain and very very 'big' social stuff. And that hasn't stopped just because they sing in third person sometimes.