Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I enjoyed it, but it seems a bit late to be doing this doesn't it?  Everything Now seems like a lifetime ago, even though it was only last summer.  I suppose the band filmed it a while ago, but it seems a bit weird to be revisiting the album like this.  I was hoping for a new track or two, rather than a rehash of the album marketing.

I think it’s just because we’ve had the end of year and winter and Christmas and whatever since. In reality, it’s not uncommon for a band to be promoting an album eight months on, and the Suburbs movie think came out about a year later.

9 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Apparently the tickets are covered in warnings that names and ID's will be checked on the door and all that so I ain't keen to risk it. Dumb as fuck policy that only benefits the ticket companies but there ya go.

That’s probably why the ticket companies have implemented it then.

I read that the seats in this tour give you a better look at the visual spectacle and all that if you eventually succumb to buying a ticket on the door.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s probably why the ticket companies have implemented it then.

I read that the seats in this tour give you a better look at the visual spectacle and all that if you eventually succumb to buying a ticket on the door.

Oh yeah obviously it is - but people still excuse it as 'it's to stop the touts' which is such obvious bullshit on a tour like this. I probably will go seated anyway, quite happy to sit and watch Arcade Fire - overenthusiastic Manchester crowds at their last gig certainly affected the experience a bit.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think it’s just because we’ve had the end of year and winter and Christmas and whatever since. In reality, it’s not uncommon for a band to be promoting an album eight months on, and the Suburbs movie think came out about a year later.

That's fair enough.  Maybe it is because I saw them live and listened to the album on repeat, wearing it out over last summer that it feels so incongruent  having Everything Now branded stuff all over a video.

9 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Oh yeah obviously it is - but people still excuse it as 'it's to stop the touts' which is such obvious bullshit on a tour like this. I probably will go seated anyway, quite happy to sit and watch Arcade Fire - overenthusiastic Manchester crowds at their last gig certainly affected the experience a bit.

Come to Thursday night at Wembley, we'll get lairy and start a scrap

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah the most prominent thing on my ticket is my name but tbh given its struggling to sell I think they'll probably drop that policy - gonna be playing to dangerously small crowds otherwise 

Is it struggling to sell? Seems to have sold pretty well apart from what I assume are some upper tiers.

14 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Come to Thursday night at Wembley, we'll get lairy and start a scrap

I'm probably going to aim to go on the Friday but if I don't get put down to work on Thursday then that's an option too. Probs going to either listen out here for if names are getting checked at the earlier gigs or try and find someone who's selling a cheap spare that can go in with me. I really can't afford it but I also really want to go so the likelihood of me giving in some time between now and next month is fairly high.

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is it struggling to sell? Seems to have sold pretty well apart from what I assume are some upper tiers.

Half the seating is still available in Manc. And as I say twickets is full of people trying to shift tickets on. 

Their loss anyway this tour is gonna be FAB 

39 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Half the seating is still available in Manc. And as I say twickets is full of people trying to shift tickets on. 

Fair enough. I don't know what a relatively modest number of people chucking their tickets back onto Twickets has to do with slow sales but you're probably right. I guess demand will have been eaten up by Castlefield being not that long ago and then the album probably gave enough of those a reason to give it a miss.

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

I'm probably going to aim to go on the Friday but if I don't get put down to work on Thursday then that's an option too. Probs going to either listen out here for if names are getting checked at the earlier gigs or try and find someone who's selling a cheap spare that can go in with me. I really can't afford it but I also really want to go so the likelihood of me giving in some time between now and next month is fairly high.

If you gave in for Muse on the Drones tour you'll give in for this.

Everything Now is Arcade Fire's Drones anyway.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. I don't know what a relatively modest number of people chucking their tickets back onto Twickets has to do with slow sales but you're probably right. I guess demand will have been eaten up by Castlefield being not that long ago and then the album probably gave enough of those a reason to give it a miss.

I've certainly no urge to see them again so soon after Castlefield and I think the last album was wonderful. Plus, I've seen them at the MEN twice and missed a few opportunities to see them. They're not exactly strangers to the area.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Rather risk getting turned away than risk hearing The Globalist.

Globalist on the arena tour was a laugh cos it had nice visuals and a massive drone thing that flew around a bit then proceeded to nosedive right into the crowd. Globalist at Glasto was where the proper shite was.

On 16/03/2018 at 9:19 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Had a wee swatch at twickets after seeing this and Glasgow’s down to £39. 

Its still seats in the Hydro and it’s still a Monday.........Hold.

On 16/03/2018 at 10:32 AM, Mash011 said:

Apparently the tickets are covered in warnings that names and ID's will be checked on the door and all that so I ain't keen to risk it. Dumb as fuck policy that only benefits the ticket companies but there ya go.

I bought named tickets for Wolf Alice at Gorilla from Twickets and they had a list on the door of tickets that had been resold. I had to provide the name of the original buyer as well as my own ID.

Not sure if that was a specific system for that event, but it worked well. Might not be managable on an arena scale.

On 01.08.2013 at 10:51 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

New album in October and just announced for Big Day Out in Australia:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/big-day-out-2014-adds-third-main-stage-for-pearl-jam-blur-and-arcade-fire/story-e6frfn09-1226689058656

Not much of a Pearl Jam fan but that seems a pretty solid line-up right there.

So are Arcade Fire in with a shout? Surely they'd only be headlining if they played at all so would depend on one of the rumours falling through, if they are correct.

Oh yes, i like them too)))

I saw them back in October (over here in canada) I thought the show, the performance, and the stage set up were absolutely amazing. I would catch them again if they came back. I actually love the Everything Now album... I understand why some people dont.